AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 566.
02:19 PM on 05/03/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The Starting Line deserved more. Happy what Kenny is doing though.

The Starting Line should've been Fall Out Boy levels of big... The Format is definitely up there as well.
If BOATS woulda been different ... I think they woulda. I love that band, love that album ... but at that time and place -- a single that's not "Bedroom Talk" ... and it could have happened.
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
The Beautiful Mistake, at least with Light a Match. That album was unreal at the time it was released.

First screaming cd I ever owned
pshh
stop trying so hard
User Info.
If BOATS woulda been different ... I think they woulda. I love that band, love that album ... but at that time and place -- a single that's not "Bedroom Talk" ... and it could have happened.
i mean..for everything that band went through, we can't be mad. i feel you on the bedroom talk single though
02:20 PM on 05/03/12
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
Punchline and matchbook romance. Also Jamisonparker was a great band too. Last but not least RX Bandits should have been way bigger. Those guys were amazing.
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.

Also whole heartily agree with this as well. "Sink or Swim" from their e.p. should have been a MASSIVE hit
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The biggest one, in all honesty, is All Time Low.

This is a band that we were all waiting to break huge after So Wrong, It's Right, and we thought they would be the perfect fit for the Fall Out Boy pop-punk throne. They did every single thing right, in terms of getting the teenage girls on their side before the mainstream push, they built fans through word of mouth instead of radio play, and crafted perfect pop-punk songs.

Then came "Weightless."

That should have been it. It premiered on this site and I gave a nostalgiac metaphoric wave goodbye to the guys and wished them the best of luck on top of the world. And it never happened. The chorus to that song was absolutely pitch-perfect and the lyrics resonated with their target audience. That was it. That should have been it. Every single person on this site loved the song and we all agreed this was the next "Sugar We're Going Down." All Time Low should be headlining stadiums around the country now.

Instead, the pop-punk bubble burst right when they were on top of it and it never happened. For as good as Midtown and Acceptance were, they never got as close as All Time Low did. To think that whoever handled All Time Low in terms of their agents/label/whatever was given absolute gold and did nothing with it is just embarrassing.

Regardless of whether or not you like the band, you have to admit that they were primed for the big time and still haven't made it and it seems like they've missed the opportunity. Poor guys. I think if anyone shouldabeenbigger, it's All Time Low.
ezmo311
User Info.
I'll throw this one out there: New Frontiers.

A few years ago, everyone on the site LOVES Mending. Something didn't go right along they way and they call it quits. That album was beautiful, and needed to be heard by more people.
Erik the Orange
What do they know about friends?
User Info.
I miss The Matches.
lastchancegdbye
1/2 of green green green
User Info.
Totally agree with Acceptance. That was such a radio friendly record
02:21 PM on 05/03/12
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
Anyone else remember My American Heart? They released a couple of really solid pop rock records but never seemed to gain much popularity. I think they deserved more.
02:21 PM on 05/03/12
AlmostThereRock
Almost There
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cartel, Thrice, Rx Bandits...
02:22 PM on 05/03/12
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
The Felix Culpa. They probably would have been (or would be on their way, at least) if they hadn't broken up.

The Graduate. Not that they weren't sort of big (at least in our scene), but Anhedonia is just too good of a record to not have been a huge hit, and Only Every Time was pretty solid too. It seems like label issues really killed them, but I don't know for sure.
Jason Tate
User Info.
OET should have gotten a bigger push. Effing label crap screwed that one up.
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
Scarlet, Envy on the Coast and Ivoryline
02:23 PM on 05/03/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Does Harvey Danger count since they were kinda sorta popular with Flagpole Sitta? After I rediscovered them and picked up their albums, I felt like they were really underrated and could've had a way bigger following than they did.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests