Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: William Beckett Track-by-Track

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (05/07/12)
William Beckett is kicking off his first tour in support of his debut EP, Walk the Talk, and to celebrate, we've got two videos of Beckett explaining the meaning behind two of the EP's tracks in the replies. Check back next week for more videos and be sure to pick up tickets for the tour here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
06:40 AM on 05/07/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
"Compromising Me"

"Girl, You Shoulda Been a Drummer"

06:53 AM on 05/07/12
uglystar03
User Info.
I realize he has a built in fanbase and plenty of back material from TAI, but isn't touring off a four song EP slightly difficult?
07:01 AM on 05/07/12
TAI182
User Info.
I realize he has a built in fanbase and plenty of back material from TAI, but isn't touring off a four song EP slightly difficult?

From my understanding, he'll also be playing solo material from his upcoming EPs and covers.
09:36 AM on 05/07/12
danyellxiv
that girl.
User Info.

I don't think it will be difficult because, like you said, he has a fan base and can also play older material. I also heard that he's going to play new stuff he hasn't released. Regardless, I've seen plenty of solo shows of lead singers, etc. who play before they've released an album or any material. Hell, Anthony Green was selling out solo shows before he even released Avalon. Bill has to get back in the scene at some point, why not start now. I'm going to at least two dates.
09:38 AM on 05/07/12
danyellxiv
that girl.
User Info.
This rules.
12:13 PM on 05/07/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
Hoping to get the chance to interview him before one of his shows...he seems very interesting and thoughtful about the songs he writes.
12:17 PM on 05/07/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Just saw him last night, and he played all 4 songs from the EP, 2 from the upcoming EPs, 3 or 4 Academy songs, and about 3 or 4 covers. There were only about 20 or so people there, so it was really intimate, which he said was exactly how he wanted it to be.
01:04 PM on 05/07/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
"Compromising Me" seems really radio friendly. Not bad, glad i checked his stuff out.
01:56 PM on 05/07/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Love this ep. I was listening to Girl, You Shoulda Been A Drummer while I was walking from school and the catchy song combined with the amazing day outside totally picked up my mood.

I would def see him again if he came to Oregon.
02:20 PM on 05/07/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Hoping for the best for his solo career.
04:24 PM on 05/07/12
xMusicAddict4x
Loner in a catastrophic mind
User Info.
I just love that ep. Very proud of him for all he's achieved so far. I really hope he has a successful solo career, he's one of the most hard working musicians out there and he deserves it.
06:32 PM on 05/07/12
eabraham
Emma
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I went to the first two shows of the tour, and I can confirm that he's got plenty of material, and is not doing the same setlist from night to night. Cara Salimando, who is opening for him, is also amazing. By all means - go if you can!
06:45 PM on 05/07/12
sdisticsquirrel
the prophet
User Info.
I'm going to be honest - I'm not a huge fan of his solo stuff. I really enjoyed TAI (at least for the most part), but this just isn't doing anything for me, which makes me sad. I had high hopes.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests