AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:29 PM on 05/10/12 
User Info.
hiya
Long Island
Female - 23 Years Old
I was just looking on stubhub for a friend, and people are selling 3 day passes for $120. that's so crazy, i wonder what the turn out will be like this year.
09:57 PM on 05/10/12 
User Info.
milli626
miss the stop sign, fall in love
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
the only suitable replacement for blink would be midtown. too bad that wont ever happen tho.
06:30 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
I was just looking on stubhub for a friend, and people are selling 3 day passes for $120. that's so crazy, i wonder what the turn out will be like this year.

Now i wish I waited for my passes.... $120 damn. It's amazing people are willing to take a $70 loss on tickets.
11:21 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
DetraLynn
No Avatar Selected
Maryland
Female - 26 Years Old
Now i wish I waited for my passes.... $120 damn. It's amazing people are willing to take a $70 loss on tickets.

Wow that's crazy....i paid $225 for mine.
11:24 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
the only suitable replacement for blink would be midtown. too bad that wont ever happen tho.

haha no it wouldnt.
11:25 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
im not hearing that much advertisement for this thing either...which is crazy considring how many large artists this festival holds. but it doesnt help that the nyc area doesnt have any mainstream rock stations
12:43 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
po0ty
Boston
Male
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed with blink dropping out, but there are still plenty of other awesome support acts and headliners. If you can't enjoy yourself at a music festival on the beach i dont know what to tell you.
12:50 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed with blink dropping out, but there are still plenty of other awesome support acts and headliners. If you can't enjoy yourself at a music festival on the beach i dont know what to tell you.

I don't think its about not enjoying yourself but the price of the tickets are not worth it to most people, especially at this point when one of the three main acts drops off. And hotels aren't available and the shuttles aren't free or even going to most hotels. I think the people selling them realize how much money they are going to have to spend in addition just to go and aren't willing to pony up that kind of dough.
12:52 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
this festival could just be better.. lets face it. it's not bad...but they make a lot of mistakes.
12:59 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
DetraLynn
No Avatar Selected
Maryland
Female - 26 Years Old
this festival could just be better.. lets face it. it's not bad...but they make a lot of mistakes.

Exactly. Moving it to Asbury Park and making it bigger was probably not the best choice. I'm shelling out A LOT of money for this thing. I just wanna get my money's worth out of this.

The fact that there is the boardwalk and beach is probably one of the other reasons I'm not as disappointed. If this lineup was the same and it was at the Meadowlaneds I don't think I would have gone (unless it woulda been cheaper). I'm just looking at it as a new experience add a new place I've never visited before.
01:01 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
po0ty
Boston
Male
I don't think its about not enjoying yourself but the price of the tickets are not worth it to most people, especially at this point when one of the three main acts drops off. And hotels aren't available and the shuttles aren't free or even going to most hotels. I think the people selling them realize how much money they are going to have to spend in addition just to go and aren't willing to pony up that kind of dough.

Yea I agree it is alot of money. I'm excited for the whole experience of it-road trip, beach front, music variety, etc. More than anything I guess I'm just trying to focus on the positives, lol going in with a mindset of it being a complete clusterfuck doesn't do anyone any good.
02:40 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
normz
This just isn't how.
Rochester NY
Male - 22 Years Old
After reading a couple interviews with The Story So Far, I am less excited to see them now. They come off so full of themselves.
11:55 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Torschypantz
Baltimore
Male - 22 Years Old
After reading a couple interviews with The Story So Far, I am less excited to see them now. They come off so full of themselves.

Really? I've heard some mixed review on that. Link to one?
06:20 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
Dallas, TX
Male - 19 Years Old
Live show is boring, crowd is full of hardcore bros.
Wouldn't watch them unless nothing better is on.
07:39 AM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
farfromelysium
No Avatar Selected
li,ny
Male
Would this work? Didn't they say something about not being able to transfer wristbands?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos