Password

01:40 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
None/"ghetto black guys."/guys that I never find interest in/douchebags

For one I am not attracted to black guys whatsoever, never have been. Most of them actually scare me now (I have going to college to thank for that).

I've been told I'm pretty, funny, but all that gets me is nowhere; I'm just not "dateable." I thought this one guy I've known for a some number of years was interested in me, told me he likes me. I had an interest in him, but he just ended up wanting to use me for sex. (Like a lot of other guys). He really had me fooled...BIG TIME. I'm not a slut.
I'm gonna die alone with 27 cats.

I GET THIS TOO. Not to stereotype too broadly, but I've always had a bum and a sizable rack and more often than not, that's the kind of body type black guys go for. White guys seem to like the skinnier, no hips shape whereas black guys like the curves. Just my experience from living in or around the predominantly-minority Camden all my life.

Would it be wrong to assume you fit that general body type as well?
01:41 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
Buffalo, NY
Female - 20 Years Old
The awkward ones that I talk to once (because I try to be nice) then they won't stop following me around. Oh and sometimes, they cut themselves so I feel bad if I act like a dick to them. Yeah.
01:43 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
Never really thought about it, the girls I've dated are so different from each other that there's not really any kind of pattern. But, every single girl that is interested in me, all of them, approach me with the same thought in their heads, "Oh, he must be the nicest boyfriend ever. He's relationship material." Haha It's funny how after a couple of weeks they always always tell me how they're surprised I'm a bit of a troublemaker.
01:46 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
omnipresent
Female
None/"ghetto black guys."/guys that I never find interest in/douchebags

For one I am not attracted to black guys whatsoever, never have been. Most of them actually scare me now (I have going to college to thank for that).

I've been told I'm pretty, funny, but all that gets me is nowhere; I'm just not "dateable." I thought this one guy I've known for a some number of years was interested in me, told me he likes me. I had an interest in him, but he just ended up wanting to use me for sex. (Like a lot of other guys). He really had me fooled...BIG TIME. I'm not a slut.
I'm gonna die alone with 27 cats.

Older men. I mean 40s, 50s, 60s. It gets very awkward at my job when an older, male customer starts chatting me up during their transaction and when they hear my response to "I bet you have a ton of boyfriends" or "your boyfriend better treat you well" they're all shock and awe.

Yet men my age ..............nope. I think that has something to do with my inclination to stay inside most nights. The only dudes I meet my age are college dickbags who think funneling the most beer is the highlight of their week. Not for me. Most dudes I'd be into are probably sitting at home watching reruns of Arrested Development or Parks and Rec and listening to pop-punk albums of the early 2000. Sigh.

Speaking as someone with a few years on you both, just wait a few years. You will find much better guys when you're in your mid-to-late 20's versus your early 20's. That was completely my experience as I can relate to both of you all too well.
01:47 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't really get it, but a lot of girls who have been into me are WAY taller than me. I'm 5' 9", and these girls are like 6' 3" to 6' 5". I'm not complaining, they're all attractive, I just don't get their attraction to me lol. My most recent girlfriend was my height, but she dumped me after 10 months of me being nothing but amazing to her. So maybe I should just stick girls who are way shorter/taller than me lol. It will be a while before i attempt anything though, I'm still pretty confused about the break-up lol
01:49 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I GET THIS TOO. Not to stereotype too broadly, but I've always had a bum and a sizable rack and more often than not, that's the kind of body type black guys go for. White guys seem to like the skinnier, no hips shape whereas black guys like the curves. Just my experience from living in or around the predominantly-minority Camden all my life.

Would it be wrong to assume you fit that general body type as well?

No, it's not wrong to assume. But the thing is I don't fit that "body type" they usually go for. I have a small frame, no ass, and somewhat small chest size. But I am Hispanic, so I guess they like that; or they assume since I am Hispanic that I would be interested in them? I don't even fit the Hispanic stereotype, IMO. I'm totally white washed.
01:51 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
Older men. I mean 40s, 50s, 60s. It gets very awkward at my job when an older, male customer starts chatting me up during their transaction and when they hear my response to "I bet you have a ton of boyfriends" or "your boyfriend better treat you well" they're all shock and awe.

Yet men my age ..............nope. I think that has something to do with my inclination to stay inside most nights. The only dudes I meet my age are college dickbags who think funneling the most beer is the highlight of their week. Not for me. Most dudes I'd be into are probably sitting at home watching reruns of Arrested Development or Parks and Rec and listening to pop-punk albums of the early 2000. Sigh.

This happens pretty much every hour at my job, and I always have to go and get the dude's attention so the girls i work with can escape and hide lol. I'm sorry that it happens to all of you so often
02:00 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
Durham, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
Girls who either take a relationship WAY too seriously and get possessive and controlling, or girls who won't deal with any of their problems and just want to go out and have fun regardless of how it makes me feel.

And as far as actually getting hit on, I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm insecure and oblivious enough that I hardly even notice when I'm getting hit on or just brush it off, because I don't know what to do with it. It hardly ever happens in public too.
02:03 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
ellie117
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
Speaking as someone with a few years on you both, just wait a few years. You will find much better guys when you're in your mid-to-late 20's versus your early 20's. That was completely my experience as I can relate to both of you all too well.

That's what I'm hoping. Honestly, I'm so over the college scene and am very much looking forward to graduation next week. Tired of boys, bring on the men :)

This happens pretty much every hour at my job, and I always have to go and get the dude's attention so the girls i work with can escape and hide lol. I'm sorry that it happens to all of you so often

You're a good dude. My best friend, guy, used to work with me too, and he sometimes stepped in. Or he'd defend me if I had to walk away and the guy(s) would start talking about me. World needs more of you than them.
02:05 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
ellie117
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
Girls who either take a relationship WAY too seriously and get possessive and controlling, or girls who won't deal with any of their problems and just want to go out and have fun regardless of how it makes me feel.

And as far as actually getting hit on, I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm insecure and oblivious enough that I hardly even notice when I'm getting hit on or just brush it off, because I don't know what to do with it. It hardly ever happens in public too.

Hahah I feel like I do this, too. I can think of more than a couple occasions where I've had my girl friends come up to me and ask me about a guy I was just talking to. I'd say he was just being friendly but they were convinced he was hitting on me. I'm awful at picking up signals. To the point where it's sometimes uncomfortable.
02:07 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old
Ones I don't like
02:09 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
You're a good dude. My best friend, guy, used to work with me too, and he sometimes stepped in. Or he'd defend me if I had to walk away and the guy(s) would start talking about me. World needs more of you than them.

Haha thanks. I work at a Dollar Tree, so a lot of the guys who do that are extra creepy. I close pretty much every night so that the girls don't get bothered when they're outside doing stuff. I definitely have my hands full though, because I'm the only guy who works there lol. But they repay by giving me advice and stuff, so it's a win-win! Plus it's practice for when my sister gets older lol
02:15 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
The Summer Ends
COYS
lol i dunno
Male - 24 Years Old
short girls

i'm 6'4" so it's kinda weird, but i'm currently dating a girl who's 5'4" and she's really awesome. i just wish taylor swift would come to a bar i was at i could totally woo her.
02:19 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
Man I love short girls.
02:20 PM on 05/12/12 
User Info.
andrew_upto11
Oklahoma City, OK
Male - 21 Years Old
If I knew, I'd have a girlfriend.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE