Password

07:34 PM on 08/05/09 
User Info.
MattADALIE
ADALIE (www.facebook.com/adaliepa)
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
www.myspace.com/adaliepa

*I originally posted an ADALIE (Official Thread) in the Music section, but, being a premature move, I deleted it. Please check out our music and let us know what you think. In July, we've pressed and released our debut EP titled Awake (three of the tracks are streaming on our page) and we also have a more recent rough demo in the mix. That, and a couple demos from 2008 toward the bottom. We're working on newer music already and we would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
09:57 AM on 08/14/09 
User Info.
MattADALIE
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Just to let everyone know, our tour into the Midwest begins tomorrow. The dates are below and you can look up the details at our MySpace page.

8/15/2009: The Crossing in Warren, PA
8/16/2009: The Mug in Bay City, MI
8/17/2009: Fearless Radio in Chicago, IL
8/18/2009: Swing State in Lake Villa, IL
8/19/2009: Hot Topic in-store appearance in Mankato, MN
8/20/2009: OFF
8/21/2009: The Garage in Burnsville, MN
8/22/2009: Paul Engle Center in Cedar Rapids, IA
04:51 PM on 11/17/09 
User Info.
MattADALIE
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
I haven't posted here in a couple months, but, please go to our page at www.myspace.com/adaliepa to check out a new track we recently posted titled "Decay". Any feedback on this song and our other music would greatly be appreciated!
10:41 AM on 12/01/09 
User Info.
MattADALIE
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm bumping this... again. <3
09:25 AM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
MattADALIE
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Bump... again.
06:51 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
MattADALIE
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
12:19 PM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Hey man! I think you guys are very talented, I love your covers, and you dudes can sing very well. Very clean instruments, and you guys are very tight.

That being said, I would like to be completely honest with you with my own personal opinion/preferences in music, and I don't mean to be mean or rude in saying it because I think you guys do have a lot of talent and potential.

I think that while your own written songs are fine and recorded very well, they sound very generic. They dont have parts that really stand out, it's hard to differentiate verses, choruses, pre choruses, etc from each other, and I just can't get into the lyrics. The lyrics are very basic, simple, and kind of corny, almost sounding as if they really don't have much meaning to them. You gotta really find those personal and deep moments of your life and learn to write them to paper in a way where your audience can get into them and relate. We need to see and feel real emotion. Possibly try making the lyrics in a story format, too. Help us follow through the ups and the downs.

Also, we need to know what makes YOU guys YOU. What is unique about your sound? What is it about you guys where if you came on the radio, people would instantly go, "Oh yeah! That's Adalie!" You need to work on a sound that at least sort of stands out, rather than playing it safe and sounding like most bands in your genre.

Being a band with dual vocalists, I think you guys could have a lot of potential. We need more bands like that. TBS and old Mayday Parade are two of my favorite bands for that reason alone.
12:45 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
MattADALIE
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Hey, Ryan. Thanks for the feedback and the tips. Honestly, I actually posted the wrong video and it wasn't realized until today. Since I was logged into the band's YouTube account, I posted an unlisted unfinished version of just the performance video. The audio wasn't even mixed and mastered properly. Below is the new link. Also, regarding the lyrics, they actually do have profound meaning behind them, for we never write empty songs. When Derrek was writing the lyrics to this song, he was in a phase of his life where he was thinking about post-apocalyptic worlds. Below this video, all the lyrics are available to read. If you're interested, please take the time to read through those and see if anything strikes you personally as meaningful. They can be interpreted in a multitude of ways, of course. Anyway, thanks for checking the video out and I hope you stay tuned for more content in the near future.

EDIT: At least on the laptop I'm using, our AFI cover keeps coming up instead of "The Walk Home". Anyway, you can also check the video out at www.youtube.com/adalieband. Thanks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos