AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:44 PM on 05/09/12 
User Info.
BruceWayne
Male - 26 Years Old
The band stated that they most likely won't be able to get into the the studio to record until next winter or spring due to current touring commitments. We will be lucky to get an album for fall 2013 :(
04:49 PM on 05/09/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
When I bought some used CD at FYE (forget what), it had what I wanted inside AND the first FM Static CD. #boom

I LOVE that album. "Definitely Maybe" is still such a jam
06:37 PM on 05/09/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
I LOVE that album. "Definitely Maybe" is still such a jam

Ha, yes, it definitely is. ... Maybe?
09:57 AM on 05/10/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Band is apparently working with Mike Sapone on those demos in some fashion. While he has worked with them on pre-production/mixing (i think regarding mixing?) on the first two records, I have a feeling this is probably for production, which really excites me. Regardless of the quality of songs, at least they will all sound awesome.
12:46 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
im_FINK
Registered Member
College
Male - 26 Years Old
Band is apparently working with Mike Sapone on those demos in some fashion. While he has worked with them on pre-production/mixing (i think regarding mixing?) on the first two records, I have a feeling this is probably for production, which really excites me. Regardless of the quality of songs, at least they will all sound awesome.

With any luck, we'll here some less clean vocals.
01:55 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
With any luck, we'll here some less clean vocals.
From everything I've seen, Sapone is kind of hands off in terms of saying "hey, do more of this" and really focuses on the sound of the record. So there probably won't be too many changes in vocal style unless the band themselves decide to change it. I'm just really excited since he produces some of the best sounding records.
03:29 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Then why was Tell All Your Friends such a low quality record that even Taking Back Sunday isn't that crazy about? Eg: the blue channel piano being sped up
03:29 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Then why was Tell All Your Friends such a low quality record that even Taking Back Sunday isn't that crazy about? Eg: the blue channel piano being sped up

Sapone didn't produce TAYF.
03:48 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Well, my point was more on the quality of the sound rather than the production. The sound clarity was pretty bad XD. I'm assuming Sapone just got better equipment since then?

I'm pretty stoked about this news anyways though. They really need to not have WB telling them how they should sound.
04:02 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Lol.

Sapone just mixed the record. Really has no effect on the clarity/quality whatsoever. Should probably blame Sal V.

Edit: Oh wow. Yeah, Sapone only did pre-production. Absolutely no blame should go to him whatsoever about the sound of TAYF.
04:04 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Ohh, I thought that he recorded the record with his equipment and then Sal produced/mixed it? Sound clarity is based on the quality of the mics used.. no? YFW was pretty low-quality, too.

I'm not shittin' on Sapone by any means, though. TDAGARIM is my favorite album. He definitely knows what he's doin.
04:06 PM on 05/13/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Lol.

Sapone just mixed the record. Really has no effect on the clarity/quality whatsoever. Should probably blame Sal V.

Edit: Oh wow. Yeah, Sapone only did pre-production. Absolutely no blame should go to him whatsoever about the sound of TAYF.

Fair enough!
02:21 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
im_FINK
Registered Member
College
Male - 26 Years Old
If Sapone's got TDAG on his resume, I'd say he's going to be great for this band's sound.
03:54 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
xJesusFreakx
duh please
PA
Male - 25 Years Old
Ohh, I thought that he recorded the record with his equipment and then Sal produced/mixed it? Sound clarity is based on the quality of the mics used.. no? YFW was pretty low-quality, too.

I'm not shittin' on Sapone by any means, though. TDAGARIM is my favorite album. He definitely knows what he's doin.

I think everything Brand New has done has been recorded by Sapone, so I trust him sonically.

Are we sure that he's producing the album and not just doing pre-production w/ them a la TAYF and WYWTB?
11:23 AM on 05/17/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Nah, nobody's sure on that, actually. I'm just hoping Valentine's hands don't get on this new album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos