Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:45 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
Probably the best facebook page ever, haha.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/200941990018101/
07:49 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
RIP Peace
Liverpool
Male - 24 Years Old
Coppa Italia today and Montpellier's league title as well. Also Torino to clinch the title and promotion

Forza Il Granata!

EDIT: Look at the banner Torino fans made for Conte: http://www.tuttosport.com/foto/calcio/serie_b/torino/2012/05/20-34120_7/Torino+in+delirio,+granata+in+Serie +A

It says "Pull his hair out" haha.
07:59 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
RIP Peace
Liverpool
Male - 24 Years Old
Pienaar congratulated Chelsea's win on Twitter. Spurs fans are pissed. Hopefully this speeds a move up to us.
08:07 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Where'd you get your Whitecaps kit? I emailed the site owner at socceronsale about ordering one and he said they don't have any.

I got it in a sports shop in Orlando
08:09 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
How about Spurs fans get the fuck over it? Is it Steve's fault that Spurs didn't make CL? Nope, didn't think so. It's nobody's fault but the teams. We had 3rd place within our grasp all season and we fucked it away. Is it Chelsea's fault we didn't make the CL? No. Is it Bayern's fault we didn't make the CL? No.

I wish some of our fans would grow up and admit we weren't good enough for it this year. Look at the teams we lost to or gave up late goals to draw with for fucks sake.
08:18 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
CIMA
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!Y ES!YES!
Manchester, England
Male - 27 Years Old
Nah, blame ze bloody germans. Its only fair they take some of the blame.
08:19 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
Wouldn't have to blame them if we could have just finished the job ourselves in the first place. Like Mama used to say, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."
08:32 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
SamuelJLast
Fuck Ed
Ipswich, UK
Male - 28 Years Old
If you want something done right, pay someone to do it for you.
08:35 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Baines on Toast
RIP Peace
Liverpool
Male - 24 Years Old
How about Spurs fans get the fuck over it? Is it Steve's fault that Spurs didn't make CL? Nope, didn't think so. It's nobody's fault but the teams. We had 3rd place within our grasp all season and we fucked it away. Is it Chelsea's fault we didn't make the CL? No. Is it Bayern's fault we didn't make the CL? No.

I wish some of our fans would grow up and admit we weren't good enough for it this year. Look at the teams we lost to or gave up late goals to draw with for fucks sake.

None of it is Peanut's fault, no.

I think the issue is more so the rivalry over anything. Spurs and Chelsea fans both hate each other. The 4th place just so happens to be a coincidental sub-plot.

Also, 4th place usually is good enough to qualify for the CL, so Spurs have been good enough when you think about it.

There's no defence for some of your results towards the end of the season, though. The Norwich result at home was the killer in my opinion.
08:40 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
I'd say being 2-0 up after 30 minutes against l'Arse and losing was the killer.
08:48 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
Paulie4star
COYL SKOL COYS
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
None of it is Peanut's fault, no.

I think the issue is more so the rivalry over anything. Spurs and Chelsea fans both hate each other. The 4th place just so happens to be a coincidental sub-plot.

Also, 4th place usually is good enough to qualify for the CL, so Spurs have been good enough when you think about it.

There's no defence for some of your results towards the end of the season, though. The Norwich result at home was the killer in my opinion.
But they knew going into the campaign this year that 4th place may not be good enough. They knew it especially when Chelsea who was shit in the league were still winning matches in the CL. That should have been a good enough kick in the ass to start getting results. I understand the hatred between fans, and I understand why some are upset at Steve. But most of them are just bitter over the fact that Chelsea were the team to keep us out of the CL. Understandable to be upset, but it's stupid to say that they were the root cause of us failing to be a Champions League team. (Which is what most fans think from what I'm gathering on most message boards.)
09:03 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
Kansas
Male - 26 Years Old
I obviously don't care for Spurs as a Chelsea fan, but I wish we could've screwed over Arsenal instead. I would've gotten more satisfaction from that
09:04 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
No Avatar Selected
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Originally Posted by Lady Boy
Torres: It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life.

This season I have felt things that I never had before. I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable. I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me.

Now I do feel like football is worth it but I’ve been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. Dont want that again, there’s been many times when I’ve felt lost, I wasn’t sure what to do. I felt like I didn’t know where I belonged.

I’m eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me. And especially to the fans, if it hadn’t been for them this season I would have given up. I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it.

ooooh
09:07 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
Kansas
Male - 26 Years Old
Considering his form, Chelsea was pretty good to him to play him as much as they did. The way Drogba played this season, no one deserved a start over him.
09:16 AM on 05/20/12 
User Info.
ItsRyan
Spartans Will
Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Call me crazy, but after reading how unhappy Torres is, I would love to see him back in a Liverpool shirt. People deserve second chances

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos