Username
Password

08:03 PM on 05/05/12 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
This (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-fire-20120505) says it clearer. Seems Beaufoy wrote the script, or drafts of the script, and Arndt is "polishing it up".
01:27 PM on 05/24/12 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
They're calling it The Hunger Games: Catching Fire now.
01:49 PM on 05/24/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male - 28 Years Old
Catching Fire had so much potential with the past winners plot, but it was such a letdown because just like the first book all the antagonist members of the game were typical and impossible to root for. Lame, lame, lame.
02:25 PM on 05/24/12 
User Info.
hailthewarrior
Winter Is Coming
Knoxville
Male - 24 Years Old
They're calling it The Hunger Games: Catching Fire now.
It makes sense, honestly. That type of marketing strategy really helped "The Twishit Saga: Shitty Sequel" maintain continuity for those who didn't know they were related (because those people do exist, surprisingly).
08:15 AM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
hailthewarrior
Winter Is Coming
Knoxville
Male - 24 Years Old
Rumor has it they're trying to cast Robert Pattinson as Finnick. Fuck that.
11:01 AM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
Rob would never and I'm pretty sure he's booked? I doubt he would want another huge YA franchise anyway. Why would they want Twilight leftovers...?
12:43 PM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
shannosaurus
lala la la la
Greensboro, NC
Female - 23 Years Old
Rumor has it they're trying to cast Robert Pattinson as Finnick. Fuck that.

I keep hearing this and I really hope it's not true. though I could easily see why since Lawrence directed Water for Elephants, but...just...no. I'm still sticking to Garrett Hedlund as my choice but I think he's filming something else.
10:29 PM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
I know the R. Patz thing started off as an April's fool joke, and I really don't see Rob wanting the role

Still pulling for Jesse Williams and Taylor Kitsch* tbh. I really hope Jesse gets it.

*But not really because this is my own delusion and wishful thinking. I just want him to succeed in something post-FNL
07:34 AM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
shannosaurus
lala la la la
Greensboro, NC
Female - 23 Years Old
same with Taylor (even though I really liked John Carter, I don't know what everyone had against it). I think my number one choice is Jesse now.
08:56 AM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
MADSTA
~
Halifax
Female - 23 Years Old
I really want Armie Hammer for Finnick.
09:45 AM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
same with Taylor (even though I really liked John Carter, I don't know what everyone had against it). I think my number one choice is Jesse now.

I didn't think Battleship was terrible (didn't see John Carter). It didn't take itself seriously and was no worse than every other summer popcorn movie. Both were marketed badly and he needs to start choosing better roles. I would love for him to play Finnick for no other reason than good exposure haha

I will be disappointed if Jesse doesn't get the role
09:50 AM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
Forever.Zero
all glory to ...
Ontario, Canada
Male
I think Summer Glau has potential to make a good Johanna. Mila Kunis & Kristen Bell seem to be popular speculates but I wouldn't be 100% invested into either their efforts.
11:46 AM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
"I woke up this morning and saw all these things about me being cast in The Hunger Games," Pattinson tells USA TODAY. "I was kind of curious for a second. So I called my agent."

The response?

"My agent was like, 'No,' " Pattinson reports.

"(My agent) was like no one's going to offer you that part," Pattinson says, breaking into a laugh. "I was like, thanks for the reassurance."
01:36 PM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
Montauk1222
No stranger to frustration
781, Massachusetts
Male - 24 Years Old
I know its probably a long shot but I would love Rooney Mara as Johanna, don't know if anyone would agree with me in here but I've mentioned it to some people who have read the books and they liked it.
03:25 PM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
I know its probably a long shot but I would love Rooney Mara as Johanna, don't know if anyone would agree with me in here but I've mentioned it to some people who have read the books and they liked it.

I wouldn't totally hate that. I didn't picture her white but most of the suggestions have been white people so I guess she is? But I definitely picture her more like Rooney than Kristen Bell or Mila Kunis. I'm gonna be shallow though and say that I really don't want Rooney to drag down the press circuit haha. Her interviews are insufferable and I don't know if she would fit in well with the rest of the cast.

I didn't picture her as anyone in particular, but the closest celeb comparison to how I pictured her face is probably Zoe Kravitz

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets