AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Anberlin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anberlin New Surrender Pre-Order Info

Posted by - 01:19 PM on 06/19/08
Anberlin's New Surrender may not be out until late September, but the band is going to be offering an interesting pre-order on this summer's Warped Tour. For $15, you will be able to purchase a pre-order USB wristband that contains four exclusive tracks, "Breaking (Alternate Acoustic Remix)," "Hello Alone (Remix)," "Unwinding Cable Car (Remix)" and "Feel Good Drag (Remix)." More information can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 46
01:20 PM on 06/19/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anberlin are back with New Surrender, their new album, scheduled to release September 30th on Universal Republic. After working for years exclusively with longtime producer/friend Aaron Sprinkle this time around the band decided to enlist legendary producer Neal Avron (Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard, New Found Glory) to capture their sound.

Although the album won't be available until the end of September, Anberlin can be found all summer long on the main stage of this year's Vans Warped Tour, where they will be showcasing some of the new material. Available exclusively on the tour - a USB wristband that will be used as an exclusive pre-order for their Universal Republic debut. The retail price on tour will be $15.00 and it will bring fans 4 exclusive tracks containing remixes and alternate versions of material from both old & new albums. The content includes “Breaking (Alternate Acoustic Remix)," "Hello Alone (Remix)," "Unwinding Cable Car (Remix)” and “Feel Good Drag (Remix).” Anberlin will also send out surprise content to fans who buy the wristband via email once they register online after purchase. The wristband will also contain a link in which the purchaser can redeem a unique pin number that will enable fans to enter their email address and receive a full album download of New Surrender on street date.
01:22 PM on 06/19/08
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
I don't think this is a very good package. I'll just wait to buy the album when it comes out.
01:23 PM on 06/19/08
tonighttonight0
Rode the El Niņo
User Info.
Only a download? What a gyp.
01:25 PM on 06/19/08
francescaa
User Info.
I will be getting me one of these but urgh, I like having the actual CD! This looks the same as the Jack's Mannequin Bamboozle pre-orders - I'm paying for the digital download to get the extras but I'm still going to have to buy a copy of the CD for my collection. But ah well, that's two of my favourite bands right there so I'm okay with it.
01:27 PM on 06/19/08
jenny_ell
put your hands up for detroit
User Info.
lmao metro station had those wrist band things. i'd buy it but i'd rather just buy the physical copy of the album
01:35 PM on 06/19/08
hailthewarrior
i know places we won't be found
User Info.
i like the idea.
01:35 PM on 06/19/08
Merkin
DOOMTREE crew
User Info.
15 bucks, ehhh
01:39 PM on 06/19/08
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
it just doesnt seem worth it....
01:40 PM on 06/19/08
counting_saturn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I actually thing this is a really great idea. I would be willing to be that it pays off for Universal.
01:45 PM on 06/19/08
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
It's a really cool idea, but with a cd like this you really want the physical copy. So it's like paying $15 for some extra things then going and buying the actual cd for $9.99-$11.99. I'll still probably do it though.
01:48 PM on 06/19/08
singlexsorrow
In all this chaos we found safety..
User Info.
I don't really dig remixes so.....yeah...but I can't wait to hear the new material though!
01:50 PM on 06/19/08
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
b-sides thread for those bonus tracks!
01:50 PM on 06/19/08
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
I've never really been a fan of remixes. Not worth it in my opinion, especially when the album is only a download at the end. It's all about holding the actual CD!
01:51 PM on 06/19/08
MyWorldEntire
COYRS
User Info.
So is Feel Good Drag actually on the album or is it an extra track?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos