Username
Password
Epitaph Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Epitaph Records
Inside AP.net

The Ghost Inside Album Stream

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (06/06/12)
Stream The Ghost Inside's Get What You Give here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20.
06:31 AM on 06/06/12
TheLetGo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great album thus far. Can someone answer for me why bands will stream their entire album online for free before the release? It just seems like they are creating opportunities for people to record the stream and not pay for the album. It doesn't make sense? Before the internetz people waited until an album came out before they were able to hear the entire thing and it incensed people to actually pay for the album.
06:39 AM on 06/06/12
itsmeelsewhere
User Info.
Great album thus far. Can someone answer for me why bands will stream their entire album online for free before the release? It just seems like they are creating opportunities for people to record the stream and not pay for the album. It doesn't make sense? Before the internetz people waited until an album came out before they were able to hear the entire thing and it incensed people to actually pay for the album.
I think it's really fair to have the opportunity to listen to the album before its release. If you like it, you'll buy the album. If you don't, you won't.
06:48 AM on 06/06/12
LH9
User Info.

My guess is because the album leaked, so people are going to hear it anyway. So their label decides to stream it.
That is what I've noticed a lot lately when an album leaks.
06:52 AM on 06/06/12
itsmeelsewhere
User Info.
Anyway I dig the album so far! So much energy coming from each song, love it.
07:05 AM on 06/06/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
Awesome! "Returners" was a good record, so I'm hoping this is even better; just started listening to the stream now. Can always use more metalcore; vocalist reminds me of Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying, which is a good thing, haha.
07:10 AM on 06/06/12
xColetrainx
Whitpix
User Info.
Wanna listen to it but I will probably wait til the 19th. We'll see. I may give in and listen early
07:16 AM on 06/06/12
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
This band does this kind of music the best in my opinion. This record is too good.
07:25 AM on 06/06/12
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
User Info.
Some record store put it out on the shelves early on accident and it leaked on Monday. So it makes sense to stream it now.
07:38 AM on 06/06/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I think it's really fair to have the opportunity to listen to the album before its release. If you like it, you'll buy the album. If you don't, you won't.
I definitely think this is the smart way to go these days. If a record is streaming, then I don't have the "download it" to decide. Although, with this album I'm definitely waiting until I get the mp3s emailed at me.

I've been stoked for dayyyys
08:04 AM on 06/06/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
dont wanna listen to it all but it sounds pretty solid
09:16 AM on 06/06/12
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
I gave in to listening to it... I already think it's better than Returners, which is a very good thing.
09:19 AM on 06/06/12
Brandon Allin
Rented World
User Info.
Awesome! "Returners" was a good record, so I'm hoping this is even better; just started listening to the stream now. Can always use more metalcore; vocalist reminds me of Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying, which is a good thing, haha.
Consider this band closer to hardcore than metalcore.
09:36 AM on 06/06/12
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
Who's the guest vocalist on Face Value?
10:39 AM on 06/06/12
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
I enjoy this band for sure, and I do not say this at all negatively about them, but I wonder sometimes what sets them apart from the rest of the metalcore/breakdowncore scene out there. I listen to their music all the time but it all seems quite similar to other bands that folks around here would bash.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS