AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Amazon News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

With The Punches Clips for Stream

Posted by - 01:16 PM on 06/06/12
Listen to clips of With The Punches' debut album, Seams And Stitches, here.

Submitted by Charlesieiy

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
01:31 PM on 06/06/12
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Unf.
01:59 PM on 06/06/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Definitely submitted this a few days ago.

The clips didn't do much for me.
02:09 PM on 06/06/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
I was kind of nervous with Dont Panic and New York Minute out, but this gets me way more excited. Sounds like a fun fucking record. Cant wait for this and their tour.

However to be honest Im still disappointed in the quality. Its always been my least favorite thing about their releases. Tones and mix are subpar imo. And theres just a lot of distortion (not guitar distortion). I know they're an upcoming band and dont have a lot of money to get Neal Avron or anything, but the place they recorded at looked pretty legit. I wonder who mixed it.

Edit: But just to reiterate, Loving the music. This band definitely stepped up their writing for their first record. They deserve to get some good recognition from this. Will definitely buy this album
02:15 PM on 06/06/12
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
I was kind of nervous with Dont Panic and New York Minute out, but this gets me way more excited. Sounds like a fun fucking record. Cant wait for this and their tour.

However to be honest Im still disappointed in the quality. Its always been my least favorite thing about their releases. Tones and mix are subpar imo. And theres just a lot of distortion (not guitar distortion). I know they're an upcoming band and dont have a lot of money to get Neal Avron or anything, but the place they recorded at looked pretty legit. I wonder who mixed it.

Edit: But just to reiterate, Loving the music. This band definitely stepped up their writing for their first record. They deserve to get some good recognition from this. Will definitely buy this album
Agree with this, Don't Panic sounds like it's going to be the underdog song on this record compared to the rest of the clips, but New York Minute is a jam. But yeah, anyway, production quality's never been a good point for these guys, it's a bit annoying. Since they're only clips they're not that representative, anyway, I know they'll sound way better in 320/256kbs.

Still, way stoked on this record. Sounds real good.
02:43 PM on 06/06/12
njskimmer
User Info.
The I Call Fives preview on amazon has that same "internet quality" sound. It is just Amazon and is in no way representative of the actual album quality.
02:54 PM on 06/06/12
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
Postcards sounds fantastic.
02:56 PM on 06/06/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
The I Call Fives preview on amazon has that same "internet quality" sound. It is just Amazon and is in no way representative of the actual album quality.
Just compared the two. I respectfully disagree. The quality might not be perfect on that player still, but I still think I Call Fives has a better mix and way better tones for drums, guitar, and vocals (everything) and no obvious distortion.
03:00 PM on 06/06/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Postcards sounds fantastic.
Agreed. Im excited for that and Face Value the most. But Riverside, Letting Go, Bad Pennies clips dont have the chorus and can easily seeing those songs being really amazing.
03:11 PM on 06/06/12
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
I know next to nothing about the technical side of music but, those I Call Fives clips sounded significantly cleaner.
03:50 PM on 06/06/12
njskimmer
User Info.
I know next to nothing about the technical side of music but, those I Call Fives clips sounded significantly cleaner.
I just mean that Amazon diminishes quality overall. Yes, maybe IC5 release will be much better quality than the WTP release, but it's not to say 'what you hear is what you get' with these previews.
08:58 PM on 06/06/12
brainstew123
User Info.
fuck yes. now ppppplease.
07:54 AM on 06/07/12
hurricaneoflion
Music Photographer & Viking
User Info.
meh.
08:21 PM on 06/07/12
brianforster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
am i the only one who likes the mix? i think it sounds amazing. not too produced, not too diy. to each their own i suppose. i don't think these guys are capable of putting out a bad song, every word jesse sings sounds like its coming straight from my own head.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos