Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45.
01:24 AM on 06/07/12
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
Definitely his best album as a whole. Not one bad song on here, and his song have usually been a big hit or big miss for me.. Reminds me a lot of Jack's Mannequin's Everything In Transit for some reason.
03:32 PM on 06/07/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Yeah, fellow just north of Seattle-ite! And obviously a great mind that thinks alike. Where abouts are you?
Live near Meadowdale and work in Alderwood. Yourself?
12:20 AM on 06/08/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.

Live near Meadowdale and work in Alderwood. Yourself?
Nice. I live kind of by the mall, just off 164th. This is kind of cool nobody I talk to even knows what this site is haha, I thought I was alone here!
01:30 AM on 06/08/12
blindrider529
User Info.
Nice. I live kind of by the mall, just off 164th. This is kind of cool nobody I talk to even knows what this site is haha, I thought I was alone here!
haha nice. My girlfriend lives at the apartments on 164th where it meets 36th, so I'm over there a lot.

I think I saw someone from Lynnwood on here once, but it might've been you. I feel like I've had this conversation before! There is one guy from Bothell I talk to sometimes. Every once in a while a WA person shows up.
02:15 PM on 06/08/12
cut!print
User Info.
haha nice. My girlfriend lives at the apartments on 164th where it meets 36th, so I'm over there a lot.

I think I saw someone from Lynnwood on here once, but it might've been you. I feel like I've had this conversation before! There is one guy from Bothell I talk to sometimes. Every once in a while a WA person shows up.

Haha funny, I used to live in this apartments like 3 years ago. For some reason this music scene just isn't as big here, don't know why!
10:46 PM on 06/08/12
blindrider529
User Info.
Haha funny, I used to live in this apartments like 3 years ago. For some reason this music scene just isn't as big here, don't know why!
I don't know, the crowd was big and the energy was crazy. We actually have some great bands from our area. A couple of the guys from the band who opened this show, Fight the Current, actually live on Ash Way, right up the street from you. And of course The Scene Aesthetic/Danger Radio are primarily from Edmonds. Man Without Wax are awesome guys from Edmonds/Everett, too. And of course This Providence started out with dudes from Bothell, Fall of Troy from Mukilteo, Daphne Loves Derby/Wolftron from Kent, The Classic Crime from Mountlake Terrace, Forgive Durden and of course the big names like MxPx and Death Cab all are pretty big in whatever this music scene is. Pretty much all of those bands have received lots of coverage on ap.net and have very strong fan bases here. The scene has slowed down a little. 2003-2006 was probably the most intense time for the seattle music scene in terms of the kind of music you would hear about on ap.

Have you listened to Fight the Current? The singer and guitarist, Timmy and James actually hand delivered my tickets to the show at my office haha. I've been super impressed with their progress lately. Seems like the kind of band a lot of people around here would actually really enjoy.

12:27 AM on 06/09/12
cut!print
User Info.
I don't know, the crowd was big and the energy was crazy. We actually have some great bands from our area. A couple of the guys from the band who opened this show, Fight the Current, actually live on Ash Way, right up the street from you. And of course The Scene Aesthetic/Danger Radio are primarily from Edmonds. Man Without Wax are awesome guys from Edmonds/Everett, too. And of course This Providence started out with dudes from Bothell, Fall of Troy from Mukilteo, Daphne Loves Derby/Wolftron from Kent, The Classic Crime from Mountlake Terrace, Forgive Durden and of course the big names like MxPx and Death Cab all are pretty big in whatever this music scene is. Pretty much all of those bands have received lots of coverage on ap.net and have very strong fan bases here. The scene has slowed down a little. 2003-2006 was probably the most intense time for the seattle music scene in terms of the kind of music you would hear about on ap.

Have you listened to Fight the Current? The singer and guitarist, Timmy and James actually hand delivered my tickets to the show at my office haha. I've been super impressed with their progress lately. Seems like the kind of band a lot of people around here would actually really enjoy.

Yeah, I like most of those artists you mentioned, but like you said they had most of their glory years ago. I was more meaning just people in general that listen to the music and are into it that is on the site. Fight The Current actually played a show at the restaurant/bar I used to work at not very long ago, I talked to them for a little bit. Good music for sure.
01:44 AM on 06/09/12
blindrider529
User Info.
Yeah, I like most of those artists you mentioned, but like you said they had most of their glory years ago. I was more meaning just people in general that listen to the music and are into it that is on the site. Fight The Current actually played a show at the restaurant/bar I used to work at not very long ago, I talked to them for a little bit. Good music for sure.
Oh yes. Hardly anyone repping our area, even Seattle.
04:37 AM on 06/09/12
cut!print
User Info.
Oh yes. Hardly anyone repping our area, even Seattle.
Do you play any music?
And who are your absolute favorite artists?
10:22 AM on 06/09/12
blindrider529
User Info.
Do you play any music?
And who are your absolute favorite artists?
Yeah, I play guitar and drums and can at least goof around a little on piano and bass. Not in a band or anything, though.

I am SO bad at picking my favorite artists. Of course I am a big TRS fan...I really got involved in this scene and even this website in a much more obsessive way due to my love for Yellowcard and all things pop-punk. Still into all of that. I love Regina Spektor, Jon Foreman/Switchfoot, Coheed, Emery, Imogen Heap, Nickel Creek - which is nothing like Nickelback, James Taylor, Good Old War, lots of Tooth and Nail bands past and present - though, most past, Lovehatehero - Ben Kweller....so weird for me trying to make up a list. I have a different favorite every day. I'm terrible about picking favorite albums, too.

What about you?
04:18 AM on 06/10/12
cut!print
User Info.
Yeah, I play guitar and drums and can at least goof around a little on piano and bass. Not in a band or anything, though.

I am SO bad at picking my favorite artists. Of course I am a big TRS fan...I really got involved in this scene and even this website in a much more obsessive way due to my love for Yellowcard and all things pop-punk. Still into all of that. I love Regina Spektor, Jon Foreman/Switchfoot, Coheed, Emery, Imogen Heap, Nickel Creek - which is nothing like Nickelback, James Taylor, Good Old War, lots of Tooth and Nail bands past and present - though, most past, Lovehatehero - Ben Kweller....so weird for me trying to make up a list. I have a different favorite every day. I'm terrible about picking favorite albums, too.

What about you?
That's cool dude, I'm trying to learn guitar but I'm just not consistent/patient enough with it yet to actually get it down well. I've been really into singing since I was pretty young though, singing and song writing are my favorite things in the world. Been in a couple bands that never went anywhere in high school, but not in some time, I'd like to though just haven't been able to find anyone I can work with that doesn't drive me crazy lol.

My number one is and always will be The Dangerous Summer. Others include: Fireworks, Valencia, The Graduate, Andrew McMahon, The American Scene, etc... I've been really into experimental lately though. But for the most part I fall back into the kind of Indie/Pop/Alternative stuff. Pop-Punk too, I love it but I've been listening to it less and less lately, don't know why. Good Old War is awesome! I really Like Days Away, the other band the singer was in before but I dig both.
10:05 PM on 06/12/12
Stereocascade
Don't Make A Wee Bit O' Sense
User Info.
I mostly agree with this review. TRS has certainly grown since his debut. This is definitely his finest release!
08:26 PM on 06/20/12
iswillweirdyes
Ignoramus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Beginning with "Do You Feel," TRS has been going downhill. He needs to get some people to join his band, give him some variety. Otherwise, Hello, Good Friend will remain his best album.
07:04 PM on 07/03/12
pepster50
User Info.
sick album ! Never could get into The Rocket Summer before this. Im in the hole now though !
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums