AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Rescuer - 06.01.12

Interviewed by
Rescuer - 06.01.12Rescuer is the newest signing to Rise Records. The Tampa Bay, Fla.-based band is brand new to the scene, so we took some time to talk to vocalist JP Marra about their upcoming album, With Time Comes The Comfort, working with Memphis May Fire's Kellen McGregor, and how they have managed to get things done in a short time together.

Who are you, and what do you do in Rescuer?

My name is JP and I am the vocalist in Rescuer.

We understand that With Time Comes the Comfort wasn’t exactly recorded in a traditional manner. Can you expand on this a little bit and talk about the recording process?

We originally tried tracking the record on our own, but quickly realized we are far too dumb to make it sound right. Rise got us in contact with Chango Studios in Orlando, and we made a few trips there to track the record with Kellen. The whole experience was awesome. From there, the raw tracks were sent to Ryan Furlott, and he sort of "remote produced" the record. It was definitely different compared to other recordings I’ve been a part of, but it all came together really well. Ryan has been awesome. He completely understood what we wanted to do with the record. After bouncing ideas off each other, we couldn’t be happier with how it’s turned out.

Can you tell us about how Memphis May Fire’s Kellen McGregor played an influence on this record? Did he help produce?

Working with Kellen was rad. To be honest, we weren’t exactly sure how well we would work together, being that we come from different scenes. After a few hours we completely clicked. The tracking process went really well and Kellen was a huge help. Also, him and Matt’s taste in YouTube videos is top notch.

You guys are such a young band that I think many people will be wondering how you signed to Rise and recorded a new album so quickly. How did Rescuer came around to talking with Rise Records and why you guys chose to sign with Rise for your first release?

Craig heard some earlier recordings and sent us an email letting us know he was digging the songs. A few months later we sent him some newer demos from this record and he was into it, so it kind of fell into place from there. Around the time Man Overboard signed with Rise, I was road dogging for them. The experience they had with them in the beginning was awesome. Once Craig expressed interest in doing a Rescuer record, we were more than stoked. So far it’s been great.

The song we’re streaming today – "Birds of Prey" – sounds to me like early-2000s screamo. A little more specifically, I get an early Silverstein vibe, with the screaming at the forefront but still a punk influence underneath. Who does Rescuer consider its biggest influences and what kind of sound were you guys trying to capture on With Times Comes the Comfort?

On my end, I’m really into the desperation behind bands like Envy, Pg. 99, and City of Caterpillar, so I’d say thats where a lot of my vocal influence comes from. As far as the music goes, Danny is really into bands like Modern Life Is War and Defeater. When we were writing for With Time, we weren’t exactly going for a specific sound, rather we just wanted to write an honest record. We’re really happy with how it came out and we’re stoked for people to hear it.

So like I said earlier – no one really knows about Rescuer right now and this is kind of your coming out party. What’s the one message you want to send out to everyone as you guys prepare to begin your first real album cycle?

Once we get this record out, we plan to tour full time, so we’ll see you all soon!

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
02:51 AM on 06/10/12
Nursuinuepe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://buynolvadex-us.com/#4349 tabs buy nolvadex nolvadex dosage bodybuilding buy nolvadex raloxifene

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos