Username
Password

09:10 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
Kevin Wayne
Resident Curmudgeon
Portland, OR USA
Male
For those of you who are all giddy about Fb's new listen button (which they've had similar capabilities in the past, despite what some imply) take some time to chill and think about what it means to you as an artist/band being connected to them in any way. This article shows some surprising facts about it all:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...cy.html?page=1

Facebook and Your Privacy

Who sees the data you share on the biggest social network?

By Consumer Reports Staff | Consumer Reports Thu, May 3, 2012 4:06 PM EDT
09:20 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
0-3!
You need to stop hating all other social network sites besides myspace. Your page has 2000 friends and 198 plays.
09:49 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
Kevin Wayne
Resident Curmudgeon
Portland, OR USA
Male
You need to stop hating all other social network sites besides myspace. Your page has 2000 friends and 198 plays.

I don't set MySpace up for the purpose of getting plays. I have and embedded player from another site I use so I can get auto-play.

Fyi checking my stats for last week alone, so far I have 213 plays, just in the month of May.

#FAIL!
09:51 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
Kevin Wayne
Resident Curmudgeon
Portland, OR USA
Male

Here's some more info on Facebarf's sleazy practices:

http://europe-v-facebook.org/EN/en.html
09:58 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
0-3!
I don't set MySpace up for the purpose of getting plays. I have and embedded player from another site I use so I can get auto-play.

Fyi checking my stats for last week alone, so far I have 213 plays, just in the month of May.

#FAIL!

lol dude, get over it. I'm looking at your player, I see your annoying as shit auto-play embedded music player.

I'm not going to insult your music, but the way it's presented really blows.
10:56 PM on 05/06/12 
User Info.
Kevin Wayne
Resident Curmudgeon
Portland, OR USA
Male
lol dude, get over it. I'm looking at your player, I see your annoying as shit auto-play embedded music player.

I'm not going to insult your music, but the way it's presented really blows.

Fine. I'm not here to talk about me, I'm bringing this up because people need to be considering these things. If you had half a brain, you would be on those links educating yourself, not wasting time arguing with me about my shitty embedded player. I've got a music account on Fb because CD Baby offers a cool link you can embed over to your album. But the more I think about it, I'm real reluctant to promote it, since it seems like every time I learn about the connection between "Facebook" and "privacy" it's always bad news! I may just delete it, not sure yet.

Last.fm is another piece of work. There's another Kevin Wayne out there and they so brilliantly put his album on my page. Wouldn't even get rid of it when I asked them to! So I deleted that one. But, I digress...

Nice thing about CD Baby is that you can be "on MySpace" and not even be "on" it, since they will deliver your stuff there upon request unilaterally. One artist from Manitoba I was checking out doesn't have a MySpace anymore, but CD Baby placed his songs there~!

Now if Facebarf would do something like that, I'd have a little respect for them. But it doesn't work that way, you have to have a Fb account for it to work.

If you don't think a stigma can arise over being associated with Facebook, think again. If they don't clean up their act, it's gonna be a bumpy road 'cuz Europe seems to be saying they have had enough!
04:46 PM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
Sensorium
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
Lastfm DOES have serious problem with same names. Check our page, same problem. We looked everywhere to solve the problem, but it just stays like that. SINCE 2007 lol.
They never bothered to solve, or fix, maybe it costs too much who knows. At least itunes has the decency of creating different pages.

What i don't get is: what is the problem with privacy issues for a group on facebook? you're there to expose your music, and you do that, so where's the downside?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos