Displaying posts 45 - 56 of 56
10:37 AM on 06/11/12
AsfAstAswegofar
User Info.
and its down.
10:46 AM on 06/11/12
glogglies
User Info.
I thought we were gonna let them go on with the tour and reserve final judgement til then?
12:50 PM on 06/11/12
LightningKid665
6-3-0... 6-3-0...
User Info.
I've seen the trio so many times that I've lost count...and I've seen him like this on a few occasions, specifically on the most recent new years show at the metro where they played maybe ill catch fire in its entirety and he messed up at least 3 songs, including my friend peter and 5-3-10-4 which he flat out said he didn't remember all the words too...I've backed skiba and the trio for too long to rip up my ticket and leave a show because it was lackluster...although i am glad to hear he apologized and is doing something to make it up to the fans at the metro who support him so much
Big difference between messing up 10-year old songs and messing up new songs that you're specifically doing a tour to promote.

I haven't seen the video and it keeps getting taken down. I'm certainly curious. At any rate, he seems to have corrected the problem, and Popes will be worth the ticket price people pay, so this isn't a huge deal.
04:24 PM on 06/11/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Sucks for the people that paid money to watch that
07:52 PM on 06/11/12
browneyedbutz
User Info.
It gets taken down as fast as it goes up, they are trying hard to keep this one show from killing the group.
09:23 PM on 06/11/12
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
man, it must be pretty bad if they're working so hard to keep it off youtube.
10:20 PM on 06/11/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
man i want to see this, someone please send me the link
02:56 PM on 06/12/12
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
How anyone can defy the fact that this whole fiasco was a trainwreck is beyond me. I love alk3 but that was awful. Some people's love for his music is clearly getting in the way of regular judgement.
09:48 PM on 06/12/12
miltownrob
cottonheadedninnymuggins
User Info.
man, it must be pretty bad if they're working so hard to keep it off youtube.
it's my video. if you can figure out how i can share a 7gig file, i'll upload it. youtube tears it down due to copyright infringement. i'd understand if he sang a majority of the songs, but that's not the case here. i love matt tho. this is just bad and i don't want to see this happen again.
11:01 PM on 06/12/12
aj32691
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's my video. if you can figure out how i can share a 7gig file, i'll upload it. youtube tears it down due to copyright infringement. i'd understand if he sang a majority of the songs, but that's not the case here. i love matt tho. this is just bad and i don't want to see this happen again.
You could always try to upload it to another site such as daily motion. I tried showing my friend right now because he was suppose to come with me to the show but I told him how lucky he was he couldn't get the day off from work. I don't blame them for trying to keep it off youtube though. I hope we never see him like that again it was rough the first time
07:58 AM on 06/13/12
Karl Hansen
www.lowcutrock.com
User Info.
I am a fan and i watched the entire video. I've had the cd since it dropped and I bought the singles on itunes months in advance and I still screw up the verses in Voices.

Skiba's writing style has always been written in a way where it's easy to mistakenly use a line from one verse for one in a later or previous verse. Its usually a single line/word that's changed verse to verse and it confuses me sometimes, stone sober. There are still trio songs that I can never nail when singing along to that I've been listening to for years. And I can remember seeing trio a number of times and Matt fudging the lyrics to "this addiction" and "time to waste" and "all on black. So I don't fault him for being confused a few times lyrically.

Was it an amazing performance? No. But I also don't see it being a "trainwreck" his voice sounded strained and he seemed nervous. Sure alcohol played some part but some of the comments before this video made it seem like he was just a stammering drunken mess and going off about his divorce.

My heart went out to him so much when he was asking if anyone had been divorced and how bad it sucks. I didn't see what was wrong with that, it was in relation to "Angel of Deaf", obviously a song about his divorce. I think he's saved face for a while now with meditation and trying to get away from the "torture soul" singer/songwriter cliche but he's obviously still got demons he's fighting. How can you play a song about your divorce night after night and not have it stir up shitty thoughts. After 8 years with one girl and the mess of that breakup there are trio songs I can't listen to because it brings up memories of that relationship so I can just imagine how he must feel.

I wish Skiba the best. I hope the rest of the tour goes smoothly. I'm flying to NYC to see this wednesday and I couldn't be more excited. He's said he's working on a way to make up the Chicago show so I too hope this goes away and Skiba finishes strong (especially in Brooklyn ha!)

Sorry its so long and a rant. I don't normally post but watching the video all the way through somehow gave me a better insight into him. I wish him the best. Can't wait for wednesday.

#guylove

EDIT: I also thought his between-song ramblings were kinda of funny? Could just be me. :)

I'm with you, good post!

Also this guy:

calling me an idiot, made my day :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums