Password
Green Day News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 71.
05:59 PM on 06/23/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Foxboro hot tubs?

Also they shouldn't be getting ahead of themselves. Something tells me one or both of the later albums are going to get pushed back.
06:14 PM on 06/23/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I am stoked for this. These clips have both sounded cool. I welcome the change especially since the guitar sounds good.
06:20 PM on 06/23/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Oh well. We'll see.
06:32 PM on 06/23/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I think people complaining about this clip may actually hate rock music and only love punk and pop punk. It may be possible for people to be restricted to only liking 1 or 2 genres of music and to have completely given up on rock music all together. That would be a pitty. Can't wait to hear green day if they are doing upbeat rock n roll.
06:37 PM on 06/23/12
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
i disagree with the above statements, i'm actually more excited after hearing these teasers
i agree with your disagree...sounds awesome to me
06:44 PM on 06/23/12
_veges_
User Info.
I think people complaining about this clip may actually hate rock music and only love punk and pop punk. It may be possible for people to be restricted to only liking 1 or 2 genres of music and to have completely given up on rock music all together. That would be a pitty. Can't wait to hear green day if they are doing upbeat rock n roll.
I love rock and roll but something about these clips tells me that they're not exactly going to be the next Foo Fighters
06:47 PM on 06/23/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Jesus, they can't win. First, they mature their sound and everyone wants them to go back to how they were. Now that they have gone back to non-serious lyrics, people criticize them for being too old.

Anyway, I saw this a while ago (the band put it on their Youtube account on Thursday), but I really can't wait for these albums, and especially the inevitable tour.
agreed. GD can't fucking win with some people. I like how this sounds and I like the artwork!
06:51 PM on 06/23/12
Ciattk
User Info.
FUCK that sounds sooooooo good.
07:00 PM on 06/23/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I love rock and roll but something about these clips tells me that they're not exactly going to be the next Foo Fighters
I would not want them to be the next Foo Fighters. Don't get me wrong but every group that trys and sounds like Foo Fighters ends up sounding like Nickleback. Rock n' Roll has a good variety of sounds and originally had its roots in blues. It evolved in many ways over the years so I can see this being good if they are just releasing jams that have good bass and guitar lines. I don't expect Green Day to ever be the best thing around again but something fun to listen to with a good rift does seem like what may be coming.
07:01 PM on 06/23/12
Basketcase
User Info.
judging from the last 2 clips/trailers released, i am digging this new sound
07:08 PM on 06/23/12
Ryanlolz
HAVE, I, CONDEMNED HER?!
User Info.
Sounds a lot like the bridge riff from "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance.
07:16 PM on 06/23/12
Grohl
RATA
User Info.
It's something different. I'm okay with that.
07:27 PM on 06/23/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I think it's great how different this sounds. I love when a band experiments, it doesn't always work out but it's better than the Offspring who just released an album that sounds exactly like every other album they have out. It's better to try and fail than to never try at all! Also I love what I've heard, I'm getting excited!
07:42 PM on 06/23/12
TGinTexas
User Info.
Jesus, they can't win. First, they mature their sound and everyone wants them to go back to how they were. Now that they have gone back to non-serious lyrics, people criticize them for being too old.

Anyway, I saw this a while ago (the band put it on their Youtube account on Thursday), but I really can't wait for these albums, and especially the inevitable tour.
I have no problem at all with their sounds. I personally love their earlier work and their latest stuff, I just find it weird that they would write a song with that title. I don't have a problem with it, it's just weird for me. I really have high hopes for these records though.
07:45 PM on 06/23/12
Hojonny
youtube.com/crashtestprod
User Info.
Man, Ryan has really sleeved up since I started listening to this band.

EDIT: I blame the internet but I'm at the bottom of the wrong comments section...
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums