Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Deception Of A Ghost

Posted by: Christian Wagner (06/29/12)
You know how when We Came As Romans released the single for "To Plant A Seed" it caught the whole metalcore scene by storm? I think Deception Of A Ghost has the same chance to do it with their new track "American Terrorist." It's heavy, it's fast, and it's very aggressive which is perfect for fans of the genre. Head to the band's AP.net profile to listen to the track and leave your thoughts in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42
05:13 AM on 06/29/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Quote"We set out to write heavy, fast, and in your face and yet still positive record, and that's just what we did with our new album "Life Right Now". Shortly after the release of "Speak Up You're Not Alone" we changed vocalists and added Scott Cowan (Ex 'To The Lions' and 'A Stained Glass Romance') to the lineup and it totally changed us for good. We worked our asses off on this record alongside the help and inspiration of Jamie King and Joey Sturgis and we're pretty shocked with how it came out. This whole record speaks of positivity, and how to live your life for you, have fun and forget what anyone else wants. Don't take everything so serious and just be free and happy. LIFE RIGHT NOW!"

"American Terrorist" is a fun ass song for us to play and we think you'll feel the same. The lyrics "We are American Terrorists, we'll live free and we'll die free" is about not succumbing to the fake American dream and being miserable with your career, job or life in general. The terrorists are people that have a blast, live free and give no fucks what anyone thinks! Hope you guys dig the new DOAG!! We love it, we're excited to play for you all over the world and thanks from all of us for your continued support! And a HUGE shout out to AbsolutePunk for the support!" - Buddy Dameron (Guitar/Vocals
05:36 AM on 06/29/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Diggin' this.
06:05 AM on 06/29/12
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
Quote"We set out to write heavy, fast, and in your face and yet still positive record, and that's just what we did with our new album "Life Right Now". Shortly after the release of "Speak Up You're Not Alone" we changed vocalists and added Scott Cowan (Ex 'To The Lions' and 'A Stained Glass Romance') to the lineup and it totally changed us for good. We worked our asses off on this record alongside the help and inspiration of Jamie King and Joey Sturgis and we're pretty shocked with how it came out. This whole record speaks of positivity, and how to live your life for you, have fun and forget what anyone else wants. Don't take everything so serious and just be free and happy. LIFE RIGHT NOW!"

"American Terrorist" is a fun ass song for us to play and we think you'll feel the same. The lyrics "We are American Terrorists, we'll live free and we'll die free" is about not succumbing to the fake American dream and being miserable with your career, job or life in general. The terrorists are people that have a blast, live free and give no fucks what anyone thinks! Hope you guys dig the new DOAG!! We love it, we're excited to play for you all over the world and thanks from all of us for your continued support! And a HUGE shout out to AbsolutePunk for the support!" - Buddy Dameron (Guitar/Vocals

I really hate to admit that I laughed a little bit at that.

I don't hate to admit that I laughed at the beginning of this song (when the vocals come in, specifically).
06:43 AM on 06/29/12
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
This is pretty fucking generic.
07:22 AM on 06/29/12
seanthethief
User Info.
QuoteThe terrorists are people that have a blast, live free and give no fucks what anyone thinks! - Buddy Dameron (Guitar/Vocals

I mean, are you fucking serious
07:38 AM on 06/29/12
suckaaa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think when they refer to "terrorist" in the quote they mean the people that go against "corporate america" or do what they want.
07:51 AM on 06/29/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Thanks for the recommendation, the breakdowns are awesome!
07:52 AM on 06/29/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
no comment.
08:09 AM on 06/29/12
UphillBothWays
Go Ahead and Pass Me by, Parade
User Info.
The cleans are good, but everything else got old really quick.
09:02 AM on 06/29/12
tozborne
Writer, Under the Gun Review
User Info.
Their name and lyrics are kinda terrible. /Hatin
09:04 AM on 06/29/12
CalRahhh
I Want That You Are Always Happy
User Info.
lol
09:12 AM on 06/29/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
This group shouldn't even be in the same discussion as WCAR.
09:26 AM on 06/29/12
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
User Info.
Yeah, it's kinda boring. Nothing new.
09:32 AM on 06/29/12
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
I really want to like everything about this because, well, there's a lot to potentially like, but I can't get over the vocals. They're really much too generic. Oh well, I guess this just isn't for me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests