Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:28 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
So what exactly will happen if Forte, Bowe, Rice, and Avril don't get deals done today?
10:41 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
mr. man
Male - 32 Years Old
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/15/patriots-push-the-brakes-on-the-summer-of-gronk/
10:47 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
So what exactly will happen if Forte, Bowe, Rice, and Avril don't get deals done today?
Hold out probably.
10:50 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old

That's what I figured.

I know a hold out is a big deal....but people are acting like if a deal isn't done by Monday that none of these will be playing week 1. There's no way either side let's that happen. And if these guys miss camp, I don't see it being that big of a deal.
10:57 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
That's what I figured.

I know a hold out is a big deal....but people are acting like if a deal isn't done by Monday that none of these will be playing week 1. There's no way either side let's that happen. And if these guys miss camp, I don't see it being that big of a deal.
Yeah I don't really 100% understand it either. Even if they don't agree today they still can, not sure if they have to sign the tender if they don't sign by Monday?
11:08 AM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/15/patriots-push-the-brakes-on-the-summer-of-gronk/

Makes sense with training camp coming up. It was fun Gronk. Now, go be awesome at football so we can get Summer of Gronk 2 next year.
12:41 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
porttheman
SERENITY NOW!
Urbandale, Iowa
Male - 29 Years Old
@MaxBroncos: The Miami-Dade (Fla.) court website confirms Elvis Dumervil was arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm.

Not what Denver needs right now
12:45 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 22 Years Old
@MaxBroncos: The Miami-Dade (Fla.) court website confirms Elvis Dumervil was arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm.

Not what Denver needs right now

welp
on the brightside, if he is suspended, it won't be until next year
03:35 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male
Yeah I don't really 100% understand it either. Even if they don't agree today they still can, not sure if they have to sign the tender if they don't sign by Monday?

the deadline for monday is just for long term deals.

if a long term deal isnt signed by monday, they cant sign a multi year deal until next offseason.

they can sign the franchise tender anytime.
07:07 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
the deadline for monday is just for long term deals.

if a long term deal isnt signed by monday, they cant sign a multi year deal until next offseason.

they can sign the franchise tender anytime.
What is the point of a hold out than, players get long term deals all the time after the deadline and holding out? Is it something with the new CBA. Even if so there would be no point of holding out if you can't get a long term deal, you would just be losing money for nothing.
07:32 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Fool
Chicago
Male
What is the point of a hold out than, players get long term deals all the time after the deadline and holding out? Is it something with the new CBA. Even if so there would be no point of holding out if you can't get a long term deal, you would just be losing money for nothing.

The idea behind it is that the team realizes how valuable you are when you at not at either training camp or games.
08:31 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
FondestMemory
having fun in the heart of it all
Youngstown, OH
Male

the point is, why go to training camp and risk injury if youre not locked up beyond one year? you can miss all of training camp and cut out the hits and grind of training camp and preseason games. and if they want, they can hold out until week 10, only play six games and hit the offseason without getting beat up for a whole season.

holdouts serve a purpose when used properly.
08:34 PM on 07/15/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
the point is, why go to training camp and risk injury if youre not locked up beyond one year? you can miss all of training camp and cut out the hits and grind of training camp and preseason games. and if they want, they can hold out until week 10, only play six games and hit the offseason without getting beat up for a whole season.

holdouts serve a purpose when used properly.
see: Jackson, Vincent
09:34 AM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Idonije just tweeted to Matt Forte congrats bro #BearDown. Hmmmm?
09:37 AM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
eman83
HEAT season over.
San Diego, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
Looks like Rice won't be getting a long term contract.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos