AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interscope Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Ellie Goulding Album Info

Posted by - 07:25 AM on 07/30/12
Ellie Goulding will release her new album Halcyon on October 9th. You can check out more info about it in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
07:26 AM on 07/30/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
New Ellie Goulding Album InfoFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ELLIE GOULDING TO RELEASE BRAND-NEW ALBUM ON OCTOBER 9TH HALCYON IS THE FOLLOW-UP TO BRITISH SINGER-SONGWRITER’S BREAKTHROUGH DEBUT LIGHTS; DOUBLE-PLATINUM TITLE TRACK IS TOP 5 ON BILLBOARD HOT 100 LEAD SINGLE — “ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN” — AVAILABLE AUGUST 21

July 30th, 2012 — Santa Monica, CA — UK sensation Ellie Goulding has announced that she will release a brand-new album, entitled Halcyon, on October 9th on Cherrytree/ Interscope Records. All the tracks on the album were written and co-produced by Ellie Goulding and the majority were recorded in a converted barn in Ellie’s hometown in the Hay Valley, West England with producer Jim Elliot (Kylie / Ladyhawke).

"This album for me is a journey from dark into light from confusion to understanding,” Goulding says. “I didn't set out to write a break-up record but I think it became one." A lyric video for the first single from the album, “Anything Could Happen,” will premiere on VEVO on August 13th, followed by the release of the single via all digital retailers on August 21st.

Fans got a taste of the new album earlier this month when Goulding posted a free download of a new track “Hanging On” featuring Tinie Tempah. The volume of fans rushing to hear the track caused Soundcloud to crash. “Hanging On” was the number one most blogged and played track on Hypemachine that week and has racked up one million total plays/views on YouTube and Soundcloud. Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-A0RKhi2s

“Anything Could Happen” is the first new original music from the British singer-songwriter since she burst onto the scene with the catchy folk-pop electro songs on her debut album Lights, which was the best-selling debut album of 2010 in the UK and has spawned several singles that have sold five million copies worldwide. She has also earned a legion of fans in the U.S. thanks to radio airplay and relentless touring that has seen her play to over 30,000 fans Stateside as well as festival appearances and a sold-out Katy Perry tour . Certified double-platinum in the U.S, the single “Lights” has sold more than 2.5 million copies, and is currently Top 5 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Top 40 charts.
07:32 AM on 07/30/12
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Excited for this. Lights was a phenomenal record and for whatever reason the single "Lights" is played all the time on radio now (at least here in NYC).
07:34 AM on 07/30/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
So "Hanging On" will actually be on the album? Lights was a great pop album. I guess the rumor that her second and third albums would be called Camera and Action were only rumors.
07:37 AM on 07/30/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Moderately excited for this. I say 'moderately,' because there's no way this will be as good as Lights.
07:46 AM on 07/30/12
mike l
el cielo es azul
User Info.
^ and the fact that she has seemed more interested in posting pictures of her instagrammed body and skrillex haircut than making music has me worried. i have written her off but i will give it a spin hoping she can get focused back on where she was a couple of years ago.
07:47 AM on 07/30/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
i hope "Hanging On" isn't on the official album. i hate when albums have a random cover song mixed in. keep it all original, yo!
07:48 AM on 07/30/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
I've been hearing a lot about her lately, radio stations have been playing Lights repeatedly...

Should i check her music out?
08:05 AM on 07/30/12
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Boy do I love Ellie Goulding.
08:07 AM on 07/30/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
I am of excite
08:09 AM on 07/30/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
I've been hearing a lot about her lately, radio stations have been playing Lights repeatedly...

Should i check her music out?

Yeah give her album and somewhat-EP a shot. Not to imply that she's "worth the hype" (God I hate that word) but they just have some sweet pop songs. Get on it.
08:17 AM on 07/30/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Yeah give her album and somewhat-EP a shot. Not to imply that she's "worth the hype" (God I hate that word) but they just have some sweet pop songs. Get on it.
I will surely do it then.

(On a side note, I was surprised by how beautiful she is, specially in the "Lights" Cover Art)
09:22 AM on 07/30/12
XLT917
We're never dead unless we give up.
User Info.
Dig lights, will purchase.
09:31 AM on 07/30/12
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
excited but i really hope Hanging On isn't on the album
09:43 AM on 07/30/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
Will the album feature Skrillex? That's my biggest concern.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos