AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interscope Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Imagine Dragons New Album Info

Posted by - 01:09 PM on 08/06/12
Imagine Dragons will release its full-length debut album Night Visions on September 4th through KIDinaKORNER/Interscope Records. Check out the press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
01:11 PM on 08/06/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Imagine Dragons Release and Tour InfoAugust 6, 2012— Santa Monica, CA — With their current single “It’s Time” continuing to build at multiple radio formats, Las Vegas’ Imagine Dragons are gearing up for the September 4th release of their debut full-length album NIGHT VISIONS on KIDinaKORNER/Interscope Records. The band, which has been nominated for a 2012 MTV Video Music Award for “Best Rock Video,” has appeared on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and will perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live! the day NIGHT VISIONS is released.

“This is our first full length album, and we wanted to do it right,” says lead singer Dan Reynolds. “For the first time, we can say we know what our identity is, and we know this is our jumping off point for future albums. We love big and interesting rhythms, and sweeping melodies and huge choruses. We want people to feel something when they hear our music.”

NIGHT VISIONS follows on the band’s fourth EP Continued Silence, which recently topped the New Artist Alternative album chart. The EP includes “It’s Time,” which is currently No. 6 at Modern Rock radio, No.2 at AAA, and has just broken through at Hot AC. “It’s Time” has sold over 300,000 copies and combined track sales are approaching 500,000 units. It is currently featured in the trailer for the upcoming film The Perks of Being A Wallflower, which hits theaters on September 20th. The video for “It’s Time” recently climbed to the No. 1 spot on Yahoo! Music. Watch it here: http://youtu.be/sENM2wA_FTg. Billboard has hailed Imagine Dragons as “the next wave of alternative up-and-comers ready to go pop,” and called Continued Silence “an upbeat collection of indie rock that features a surprisingly full, original sound,” while Entertainment Weekly calls “It’s Time” “a perfect misfit anthem” for The Perks of Being A Wallflower.
01:13 PM on 08/06/12
rickrollol
User Info.
awesome news, less than a month away.
01:16 PM on 08/06/12
ThirdFromTheSun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their EP is amazing, so needless to say I can't wait for this. Seeing them and AWOLNATION next month, can't wait for both of them.
01:20 PM on 08/06/12
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
for some reason the chorus of "it's time" reminds me of

01:29 PM on 08/06/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Aoty.
01:50 PM on 08/06/12
thechrisformat
let's tune out
User Info.
Stoked. Can't wait to see them again next month too.
01:51 PM on 08/06/12
XLT917
We're never dead unless we give up.
User Info.
Can't wait for this, going to be awesome.
02:22 PM on 08/06/12
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
nice. Enjoyed the EP a lot
02:37 PM on 08/06/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Loved the EP and can't wait for this! Have they released a track listing yet? I assume some of the EP songs will make it on there.
02:42 PM on 08/06/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
I'm very excited to check this album out. Can't wait to see them in September.
02:48 PM on 08/06/12
The Minn
User Info.
Adored the EP. When I heard "It's Time" I bought the album from Amazon right away and was not let down. Perfect timing to release the album, too, as many (who dont have, or know, the EP) will think it is the single for the LP. I am stoked.

Why does MTV still do video awards?
03:17 PM on 08/06/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Excited to hear this. The EP is great.
04:22 PM on 08/06/12
Nick Hull
I want you to know
User Info.
for some reason the chorus of "it's time" reminds me of

..I can't believe that thought never occurred to me before
04:59 PM on 08/06/12
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
Being from Las Vegas, I've heard their name for the past few years, but didn't give them a listen until last year. Then I saw them open for Awolnation last fall, and they were incredible. They definitely deserve all this attention. Very excited for the album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos