Username
Password
Fat Wreck Chords News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fat Wreck Chords
Inside AP.net

Tour The Fat Wreck Chords Warehouse

Posted by: Jason Tate (08/13/12)
You can watch a video tour of the new Fat Wreck Chords warehouse with Fat Mike as your tour guide, in the replies.

Submitted by avgisdumb

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
02:18 PM on 08/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:27 PM on 08/13/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Cool label. So much respect.
02:45 PM on 08/13/12
DooDooBird
User Info.
I can't stand Fat Mike at all. Interesting tour though.
02:58 PM on 08/13/12
yufli
...rook takes knight
User Info.
That guy is still so straight up with what he says and it's still so refreshing to hear it.
Plus, free PBR!
03:02 PM on 08/13/12
Nate.Rios
True Son of Skyrim
User Info.
I really mean no disrespect to anyone in the 'punk' scene, but I always find it interesting that people like Fat Mike never grew out of the 'punk' fad like I did. I was young, I had funny colored hair and patches on my cloths. I did the cliche' 'punk' things, but then I grew up and grew out of it.

I don't have a lack of respect for someone like Fat Mike, but I always kind of expect that since I grew out of the fad, these guys should have too. Sometimes it's hard to think that just because something was a fad for me, doesn't mean it's not a lifestyle for other individuals.

Just something interesting that I had bouncing around my head, wanted to see what you guys think.
03:02 PM on 08/13/12
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
This guy also did a video with Mxpx, I can't wait to see the Asian Man Records video.
03:18 PM on 08/13/12
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That was the most level headed just being a normal dude I've ever seen Fat Mike. He doesn't seem to be putting on a show, he was just showing this dude around. It was kind of refreshing.
03:22 PM on 08/13/12
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
Love this man.
03:27 PM on 08/13/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Great video, Fat Wreck Chords is probably my favourite label and I really respect everything they've done over the years. If I ever make it back to San Francisco, I'll totally go to the record store too.
03:48 PM on 08/13/12
T-Lloyd
User Info.
I really mean no disrespect to anyone in the 'punk' scene, but I always find it interesting that people like Fat Mike never grew out of the 'punk' fad like I did. I was young, I had funny colored hair and patches on my cloths. I did the cliche' 'punk' things, but then I grew up and grew out of it.

I don't have a lack of respect for someone like Fat Mike, but I always kind of expect that since I grew out of the fad, these guys should have too. Sometimes it's hard to think that just because something was a fad for me, doesn't mean it's not a lifestyle for other individuals.

Just something interesting that I had bouncing around my head, wanted to see what you guys think.
I think in those situations, the people that had it as a fad were never really truly resonating with that lifestyle, they liked the rebellion aspect of it but it was more to do with the angst of being a teenager and also because their friends etc. dressed/acted the same. The people that it wasn't a fad for resonate more deeply with those ideals because it is something more deeply ingrained than keeping up with the times. These are the people that have kept punk rock alive, because thats who they are. The passerbys who join the punk movement for a short time liked the ideas, but were never truly Punk to begin. That's just my view anyway
04:05 PM on 08/13/12
dukenuk12
dparke
User Info.

a lot of my friends grew out of it, but not me. I still pop in my NOFX, propagandhi, bouncing souls, and no use for a name records and my wife just rolls her eyes. I can get away with it in the summer, most of the time, though. haha
04:08 PM on 08/13/12
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
And I kinda miss listening to Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! because of that intro from one of their songs haha
04:34 PM on 08/13/12
sickydicky
outlander!
User Info.
very "punk" haha no emo or religious bands. weird cause alot of the bands have emo and pop leanings and whatnot
04:38 PM on 08/13/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
nice little vid. looking forward to that asian man one.

one on no idea (among others) would be sweet too.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests