Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37
04:40 PM on 08/13/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I'm going to SF at the end of this month to see Desa. Hopefully I have time to check the record store out.
04:45 PM on 08/13/12
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
Kind of an awkward interview, but cool nonetheless. Major respect for Fat Mike/Fat Wreck. Couldn't tell if when he was talking about 'emo' bands if he was talking about metalcore/scenecore stuff like Black Veil Brides/Brockencyde or 'real emo' bands like Glocca Morra/Dads, though I doubt he'd like either, haha.
04:59 PM on 08/13/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Good times, Im just really glad that everyone at Fat has downsized and adapted to what's goin on these days so they can stay in business. It really can't be easy these days with all these ass holes that think the internet is just their free music playground..
05:35 PM on 08/13/12
JonnyJonnyJonny
Jonny - TMTMM/Flavorsaurus
User Info.
Very cool they would have a store where they run the label.
06:10 PM on 08/13/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
Kind of an awkward interview, but cool nonetheless. Major respect for Fat Mike/Fat Wreck. Couldn't tell if when he was talking about 'emo' bands if he was talking about metalcore/scenecore stuff like Black Veil Brides/Brockencyde or 'real emo' bands like Glocca Morra/Dads, though I doubt he'd like either, haha.

Yeah I think he was talking about the metalcore bands that rise has. I'd love to hear an interview with Fat Mike and Brett from Epitaph talking about their business models and how they do things differently. (Mainly Epitaph signing a wider variety of bands)
07:38 PM on 08/13/12
avgisdumb
User Info.
This guy also did a video with Mxpx, I can't wait to see the Asian Man Records video.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the kind words... The Asian Man stuff was a lot of fun.. Mike Park is one of the most humble, down to Earth guys in the world.
07:39 PM on 08/13/12
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
I'm looking forward to the asian man records tour as well after seeing this. The "host" doesn't sound particularly comfortable in this position of his though. Was he forced at gunpoint? Fat Wreck is such a rad label and I would love to stop by that retail shop!
07:44 PM on 08/13/12
avgisdumb
User Info.
That was the most level headed just being a normal dude I've ever seen Fat Mike. He doesn't seem to be putting on a show, he was just showing this dude around. It was kind of refreshing.

I know, right? I think I caught him in such a weird mood, right after getting back from South America shooting "Backstage Passport 2." I couldn't believe how straight up he was.. In all the times I've talked to him before, he's never been that relaxed!
07:49 PM on 08/13/12
avgisdumb
User Info.
I'm looking forward to the asian man records tour as well after seeing this. The "host" doesn't sound particularly comfortable in this position of his though. Was he forced at gunpoint? Fat Wreck is such a rad label and I would love to stop by that retail shop!

I think that the host is trying to keep his cool and not geek out that he is meeting one of his favorite people ever (I also think it helps Fat Mike get comfortable, while still feeling like he's in control to be his usual, wiseass self). I think his show is just about wackyness all over the US, not just "Punk" people.
09:00 PM on 08/13/12
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
I think that the host is trying to keep his cool and not geek out that he is meeting one of his favorite people ever (I also think it helps Fat Mike get comfortable, while still feeling like he's in control to be his usual, wiseass self). I think his show is just about wackyness all over the US, not just "Punk" people.
Me thinks you're the host in question and my intent was not to offend! This was the first episode of your show I've seen. In all honesty, I'd geek out too. I genuinely enjoyed the content. I guess the nerves came through is all.
10:40 PM on 08/13/12
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
I love this label and everything they stand for. They're doing things the right way, and they rarely release bullshit.
11:51 PM on 08/13/12
boomer08
User Info.
This guy also did a video with Mxpx, I can't wait to see the Asian Man Records video.
What video did he do with MxPx?
03:29 AM on 08/14/12
echonode
sneakyfuckingrussian
User Info.
I really mean no disrespect to anyone in the 'punk' scene, but I always find it interesting that people like Fat Mike never grew out of the 'punk' fad like I did. I was young, I had funny colored hair and patches on my cloths. I did the cliche' 'punk' things, but then I grew up and grew out of it.

I don't have a lack of respect for someone like Fat Mike, but I always kind of expect that since I grew out of the fad, these guys should have too. Sometimes it's hard to think that just because something was a fad for me, doesn't mean it's not a lifestyle for other individuals.

Just something interesting that I had bouncing around my head, wanted to see what you guys think.
Not a fan of the band or really even punk rock at all, but as they say, if you "used to be punk", you were never punk in the first place.
03:30 AM on 08/14/12
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
05:59 AM on 08/14/12
boomer08
User Info.
Thanks, that video is rad. So cool that he got to jam with Mike! I've gotten to jam with both Home Grown and Bowling for Soup at little shows and it's the ultimate fanboy experience!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos