Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45
10:29 AM on 08/21/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Also, love hearing those Sprinkle guitar tones in that clip!

Agreed!

Also, I think for all the crap New Surrender gets, someday people are going to look back on that album and realize it was a fantastic record that just so happened to be the follow-up to Cities. The album artwork was awesome for it, too.
10:35 AM on 08/21/12
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
That sounds so great. Gave me goosebumps!
10:38 AM on 08/21/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
Agreed!

Also, I think for all the crap New Surrender gets, someday people are going to look back on that album and realize it was a fantastic record that just so happened to be the follow-up to Cities. The album artwork was awesome for it, too.
I like New Surrender a hell of a lot, and I love what they did with Brendan O'Brien on Dark is the Way... but Sprinkle + Anberlin are just meant for each other. He really helped created the sound that made them stand out above the rest of the pop/punk/rock bands flooding the market when they came on to the scene, and I think as good as the records they did without him were, it just ain't the same without him behind the controls.
10:50 AM on 08/21/12
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
i think my anticipation for this is at Cities-type levels. pumpeddd
10:55 AM on 08/21/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think my anticipation for this is at Cities-type levels. pumpeddd
You and I need to duke it out.
11:04 AM on 08/21/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Getting more and more excited for this.
11:09 AM on 08/21/12
no0ubis
User Info.
soooooo gooooood:D
11:13 AM on 08/21/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Slightly funny how the title is "Pretend to be Friends" with a trailer showing a montage of them hanging out and laughing.
11:26 AM on 08/21/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Dark is the way had better lyrics but was missing that classic Anberlin feel. I enjoyed it and it was definitely better than New Surrender but looking forward to vital as it seems like it will be the Anberlin I remember even if they experiment.
Dark had better lyrics? The lyrics on that album were awful, completely ruined the whole thing for me.
11:41 AM on 08/21/12
Readyfuels
COYS
User Info.
Nate's got mad ups.
11:42 AM on 08/21/12
Symphonicaxiom
Tell me it's you or nothing at all
User Info.
I'm assuming this is what's going to be on the DVD in the special edition.
11:43 AM on 08/21/12
scooterf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Slightly funny how the title is "Pretend to be Friends" with a trailer showing a montage of them hanging out and laughing.

I'm guessing that's the point.

Dark had better lyrics? The lyrics on that album were awful, completely ruined the whole thing for me.

They were definitely not awful. They were just a vastly different style. They had a much more poetic feel to them (clever MLK Jr. references on We Owe This as an example). The lyrics were more poetic than prosaic which was a major departure as Stephen usually tells stories in his songs. I do think the prosaic style works much better for Anberlin though, so I see the complaints, but calling the lyrics awful suggests that some of them went over your head.
11:46 AM on 08/21/12
Readyfuels
COYS
User Info.
Best band ever. Hahahaha I love the hell out of these guys.

12:14 PM on 08/21/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
They were definitely not awful. They were just a vastly different style. They had a much more poetic feel to them (clever MLK Jr. references on We Owe This as an example). The lyrics were more poetic than prosaic which was a major departure as Stephen usually tells stories in his songs. I do think the prosaic style works much better for Anberlin though, so I see the complaints, but calling the lyrics awful suggests that some of them went over your head.
When they make an album unlistenable because they're so repetitive and annoying then yeah, id say they're awful.
12:15 PM on 08/21/12
tacosforcharles
User Info.
Cannot wait.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News