Username
Password

11:14 AM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Loved that he played 1930 and Blue Jeans and White Tshirts.
12:41 PM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
NJ
Male - 16 Years Old
Staff Member
I was let down by Handwritten..................
03:25 PM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, England
Male - 20 Years Old
Getting "SINK" and "SWIM" tattooed on the palm side of my knuckles on wednesday. I'm willing to consider that as Gaslight tattoo no.2, even if it is a quite common phrase.
03:30 PM on 08/20/12 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
"If you like it, if you don't, it's not my fault. I didn't write it."
09:48 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
Still bums me out that they cut the last verse from Biloxi Parish.
09:51 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
Earth
Male
Handwritten doesn't seem to have withstood the test of time for me. The only songs I have any desire to revisit with regularity are 45 and Biloxi.
10:03 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Handwritten doesn't seem to have withstood the test of time for me. The only songs I have any desire to revisit with regularity are 45 and Biloxi.

I felt that same way about American Slang, but it grew on me after a while...like a year later.
10:07 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
i like apples
Kyle Max
New York City
Male
Howl and Desire are holding up for me.
10:31 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
Earth
Male
I felt that same way about American Slang, but it grew on me after a while...like a year later.

Come to think of it, I felt that way about 59 Sound too. But part of it had to do with the rawness of the album that I didn't get into immediately. Handwritten feels like it played all its cards from the outset and has now run out of fuel.
10:39 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
I kinda feel the same way. That said, I'm sure seeing them play some of these songs live will warm me up to the songs I've fallen off of.
10:39 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Come to think of it, I felt that way about 59 Sound too. But part of it had to do with the rawness of the album that I didn't get into immediately. Handwritten feels like it played all its cards from the outset and has now run out of fuel.

This is exactly how I felt about American Slang, but something about the songwriting drew me back to it. Handwritten reminds me of AS, and I've got that kind of feeling with it, but I feel like it'll be an album I come back to later.

Gaslight, for me, is a band that's most enjoyable in a live setting...so an album that doesn't 'stick' doesn't bother me. I know the songs I don't enjoy much will rock when I see them live.
10:45 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
Earth
Male
I kinda feel the same way. That said, I'm sure seeing them play some of these songs live will warm me up to the songs I've fallen off of.

This is exactly how I felt about American Slang, but something about the songwriting drew me back to it. Handwritten reminds me of AS, and I've got that kind of feeling with it, but I feel like it'll be an album I come back to later.

Gaslight, for me, is a band that's most enjoyable in a live setting...so an album that doesn't 'stick' doesn't bother me. I know the songs I don't enjoy much will rock when I see them live.

Huh, that's interesting. I always thought of them as more of an album band since they seem just OK live. Granted, I've only seen them once, and they were good, but their live show didn't add much to the songs that the recordings don't already have.
10:48 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
11:11
Soft sound
Temple, PA
Female - 22 Years Old
Entire album is still hitting me just as hard as it did on first listen.
10:54 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Huh, that's interesting. I always thought of them as more of an album band since they seem just OK live. Granted, I've only seen them once, and they were good, but their live show didn't add much to the songs that the recordings don't already have.

You must have got an unlucky show - seen them three times, been awesome every time.
11:07 PM on 08/21/12 
User Info.
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
Earth
Male

You must have got an unlucky show - seen them three times, been awesome every time.

Haha yeah I'm probably over-generalizing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos