AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Record Sales News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Such Gold Debuts on Heatseeker Chart

Posted by - 11:49 AM on 08/22/12
Such Gold debut album Misadventures has debuted on the Billboard heaterseeker chart at #6 with 2,350 copies sold.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
11:50 AM on 08/22/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Razor & Tie’s latest developing act Such Gold’s debut studio album Misadventures crashes into the Billboard Heatseekers Chart this week debuting at #6 with 2,350 albums sold in its first week out. Misadventures also lands on a number of other Billboard charts including: #34 on the Independent Chart, #165 on the Top 200 Album Chart, and #6 on the Vinyl Chart.

Produced by Steve Evetts (Every Time I Die, Saves The Day, Lifetime, The Dillinger Escape Plan), Misadventures is the first full-length album from the Rochester-based melodic hardcore/punk band. Alternative Press says “Misadventures slays through 11 rip-roaring melodic hardcore tracks, showcasing the very best (and fastest) the band have brought to the table since their inception.”

Such Gold have also announced additional tour dates this summer including runs with Strung Out and Silverstein. Full tour dates are below.

Such Gold formed in 2009 and have reaped the rewards of their tireless efforts by releasing two EPs, Stand Tall (2009, Mightier Than Sword Records) and Pedestals (2010, 6131 Records). The band also released music on a split EP with Into It. Over It., and released an additional EP with A Loss For Words this past November. Fans of Such Gold have been attracted to the band’s pop-punk stylings as the young group marries their love for old school pop-punk, hardcore and indie rock. Alternative Press has raved about the bands’ music, “a pitch-perfect, gimmick-free example of how solid the melodic hardcore-influenced pop-punk sound could really be when imbued with an indelible enthusiasm and adolescent passion” and proclaiming the songs are “breathtaking” and “leaving one wanting more.” The band has toured with The Wonder Years, We Are The Union, A Loss For Words, Man Overboard, Polar Bear Club, Fireworks, Balance and Composure, Rust Belt Lights, Maker, Kills and Thrills, etc. Such Gold is Ben Kotin (vocals), Nate Derby (guitar), Skylar Sarkis (guitar/vocals) and Devan Bentley (drums).

Such Gold’s Misadventures is Razor & Tie's most recent Rock success story. The label’s roster also includes All That Remains, The Sword, P.O.D., For Today, Chelsea Grin, Nonpoint, Norma Jean, Shadows Fall, Attila, For The Fallen Dreams and developing acts like Defiler, I Am War, Such Gold and more to be announced soon.
12:28 PM on 08/22/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Storyteller is an awesome song. I need to check the rest of this album out.
12:41 PM on 08/22/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Wish I could have seen them this past weekend, but this record is really good.
12:48 PM on 08/22/12
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Thought they would have sold more than that
12:52 PM on 08/22/12
overitsi22
User Info.
Just seen them play last night with Silverstein, fantastic show. Does this include albums that get sold while they are touring? Pre-ordered my copy, so I am glad to be part of that number.
01:42 PM on 08/22/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Just seen them play last night with Silverstein, fantastic show. Does this include albums that get sold while they are touring? Pre-ordered my copy, so I am glad to be part of that number.
Should be.
03:08 PM on 08/22/12
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Glad to be part of that 2,350. Excellent album. Everyone should pick this up.
05:52 PM on 08/22/12
justbradley
User Info.
Such a great album; one of my favorites this year.
05:55 PM on 08/22/12
mshoreline49
User Info.
Well now you can make that 2,351 records sold
07:38 PM on 08/22/12
danperez
User Info.
i love such gold. they are a very real band.
10:17 PM on 08/22/12
Bdawg
User Info.
fucking pumped for them in philly
02:38 PM on 08/23/12
matthewisobel
User Info.
I listened to the record, and I love Saves the Day and many other bands in the genre but this sounded too generic. I think ill give it another listen but it didn't impress me.
07:18 PM on 09/05/12
chrisLAbeard
Beard Owner
User Info.
Its really good to hear music like this still, not overproduced but still sounds great. Reminds me a little of These Arms Are Snakes.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos