AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 238.
01:54 PM on 08/24/12
KatieDon'tCry
User Info.
Not a bad song really cannot wait for the album hopefully it doesn't all sound like "The Reckless And The Brave" though. Also can't wait to see them on tour when they come around to Milwaukee.
01:56 PM on 08/24/12
boomer08
User Info.
Yep, because when you become a professional musician, all of your music has to be super serious 100% of the time. People are too picky. I feel like dancin' was written as a satire, but regardless, it's just meant to be a fun dancing song. Not every song has to be life changing, and I think people forget that.

Everyone will always have something to complain about with this band. Just glad the guys do what they wanna do, and write what they wanna write.
Thank you. I agree 100%. And some of the songs on Dirty Work were, I won't say life-changing, but at the very least really awesome songs. Yet they get written off because of I Feel Like Dancin'.
02:00 PM on 08/24/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Yep, because when you become a professional musician, all of your music has to be super serious 100% of the time. People are too picky. I feel like dancin' was written as a satire, but regardless, it's just meant to be a fun dancing song. Not every song has to be life changing, and I think people forget that.

Everyone will always have something to complain about with this band. Just glad the guys do what they wanna do, and write what they wanna write.

Did you even watch the music video? Of course it was a joke. Did blink never write a joke song? Weezer? BFS? I get your point but I don't agree that they should be ridiculed for it. And again, it's only one song, but everyone let it bother them so much that it ruined the whole album in their minds.

I understand that you're allowed to write songs that are purely meant to party to/have fun with. I get that. I just don't get why you'd promote a song like that as your lead single when you've never written "joke songs" in the past. Sure they had goofy, hilarious music videos before that, but their songs were always semi-serious. Albeit most not about ridiculous serious topics, but serious enough.

Anyway, i love these guys. These first two songs they've released give me hope that they've learned from the past and are headed in the right direction.
02:04 PM on 08/24/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
its just okay. not gonna write this album off just yet...
02:05 PM on 08/24/12
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you. I agree 100%. And some of the songs on Dirty Work were, I won't say life-changing, but at the very least really awesome songs. Yet they get written off because of I Feel Like Dancin'.
Yeah I can't figure out all the DW hate. IFLD definitely sucked, but Time Bomb, Heroes, Guts, and a couple other songs were definitely on par with their previous work.

I'm not feeling these 2 new songs though. Not catchy at all.
02:11 PM on 08/24/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awsome , stoked.
02:11 PM on 08/24/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I actually like this and the Reckless and the Brave, and I'm not even a fan of this band. Maybe I'll check out this album after all.
02:12 PM on 08/24/12
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
I don't listen to much of this kind of music anymore, and this is actually the first ATL song I've ever heard, and while I wouldn't listen to it in my car or anything, there's certainly nothing wrong with it. Solid pop tune. So that's my fairly objective opinion on it.
02:15 PM on 08/24/12
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
I don't listen to much of this kind of music anymore, and this is actually the first ATL song I've ever heard, and while I wouldn't listen to it in my car or anything, there's certainly nothing wrong with it. Solid pop tune. So that's my fairly objective opinion on it.
They've made better songs, to be honest. Namely on their first three albums and their Put Up or Shut Up EP. And as Jason said, this is supposedly the worst song on the album.
02:23 PM on 08/24/12
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
They've made better songs, to be honest. Namely on their first three albums and their Put Up or Shut Up EP. And as Jason said, this is supposed the worst song on the album.
That's certainly possible, I probably won't listen to the album or their previous stuff, to be totally honest. I just thought "What the hell? This band has been talked about non-stop on here for so long, I might as well listen to one song." even though I knew since their AP cover in their underwear that they wouldn't be my "thing", and I just thought I'd give an objective two cents to those discounting as lazy and bland or whatever. From where I'm sitting, it's a good pop song, and if it had come out in maybe...2007 or 2008, people would probably like it a lot more haha. Though admittedly, I've never listened to their previous stuff to compare it as better or worse than any of that, but I think from the standpoint of judging it as a stand-alone song, it's really not bad.
02:39 PM on 08/24/12
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
personally, i don't know why Dirty Work gets so much shit, there's quite a few solid songs on it
02:39 PM on 08/24/12
emilyonthecoast
User Info.
I really like the beginning. I bet this is gonna start popping up in all the bars around town.
02:42 PM on 08/24/12
jw1289
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I understand that you're allowed to write songs that are purely meant to party to/have fun with. I get that. I just don't get why you'd promote a song like that as your lead single when you've never written "joke songs" in the past. Sure they had goofy, hilarious music videos before that, but their songs were always semi-serious. Albeit most not about ridiculous serious topics, but serious enough.

Anyway, i love these guys. These first two songs they've released give me hope that they've learned from the past and are headed in the right direction.
Interscope probably picked their single. And of course a label is going to pick what they think will make it on the radio. And I'm sorry, what band doesn't want radio play? Not that every band writes solely for radio, but the label is going to push to put out the song they think will make it on the radio. It was also a co-written and that song being written with the person he wrote it with, is not all that surprising. I'd just don't get why one song caused so much hate? Even when I have an artist I love, there are songs I dislike. That doesn't affect any other song though.

I also don't think that most of their music is "semi serious." They do have some very serious songs, but come on...dear maria is about a stripper? They have songs like hello brooklyn. They've always have had songs that are silly or not completely serious.
02:45 PM on 08/24/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
It's better...
02:46 PM on 08/24/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
Listen to the chorus of this Sugarcult song, I was reminded of it when I listened to this:
Couldn't agree more.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News