Username
Password
Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 51
12:52 PM on 08/30/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
I found it really odd that he let the 12 yr old girls up front sing the opening lines.

It's the first time you play the song from an unreleased record. Sing the damn song.

I know it's been online, but that really bothered me.
I think ATL is past their prime, but this are just nitpicking.
01:09 PM on 08/30/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think ATL is past their prime, but this are just nitpicking.

They're just as big as ever.
01:12 PM on 08/30/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Yeah, i don't know why people like to pretend ATL isn't big just cause they don't like them. They're playing MASSIVE shows with fuckin' AvA and Green Day...
01:18 PM on 08/30/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Not too shabby. I get a real Sugarcult vibe from this song.
01:42 PM on 08/30/12
Greg
User Info.
If I was seeing a band live play a song I had never heard I would be pretty annoyed if the singer didn't sign the whole song. How am I supposed to figure out if I like the song if the crowd sings the NEW song. Singers backing off the mic happens all the time, sure (and I do not really like it), but it's normally their biggest songs so any fan knows the words anyway. But this was a new song they had never played live. I think every band (including) ATL should sing all of their songs.

It's what hurts Paramore's live cd/DVD so much to me. Waaaaaay too much crowd singing. I want to hear Hayley sing.

The only exception of this I enjoy is the Dashboard Unplugged album/DVD.

Edit: the fact that it was the start of a new song is what's so weird to me.
01:48 PM on 08/30/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
If I was seeing a band live play a song I had never heard I would be pretty annoyed if the singer didn't sign the whole song. How am I supposed to figure out if I like the song if the crowd sings the NEW song. Singers backing off the mic happens all the time, sure (and I do not really like it), but it's normally their biggest songs so any fan knows the words anyway. But this was a new song they had never played live. I think every band (including) ATL should sing all of their songs.

It's what hurts Paramore's live cd/DVD so much to me. Waaaaaay too much crowd singing. I want to hear Hayley sing.

The only exception of this I enjoy is the Dashboard Unplugged album/DVD.

Edit: the fact that it was the start of a new song is what's so weird to me.

Listen to the song before the show or literally whenever you want?
01:51 PM on 08/30/12
Greg
User Info.
Listen to the song before the show or literally whenever you want?

The record is not even out yet. Didn't realize you had to listen to every song available from a band before a show. I honestly thought you could judge and hear things for the first time at a show. My bad.
01:53 PM on 08/30/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
The record is not even out yet. Didn't realize you had to listen to every song available from a band before a show. I honestly thought you could judge and hear things for the first time at a show. My bad.
The song is out though, just answerin' your question. Usually people go to shows FOR the crowd interaction and the SHOW itself, not to hear the songs played back exactly how they are on the record.
01:58 PM on 08/30/12
Greg
User Info.
The song is out though, just answerin' your question. Usually people go to shows FOR the crowd interaction and the SHOW itself, not to hear the songs played back exactly how they are on the record.

Oddly enough I like going to live shows for both. The band can still sing all the parts and still have crowd interaction.

And yes, live shows are kind of about live music. That includes singing. So yes. I do go to hear the band play. Whether it is like the record or an alternate version is not relevant.

Either way, I pay to hear the band play and sing. I could not care less about what the rest of the crowd says/sings during a show.
Edit: also it has been out for only 48 hours.
02:02 PM on 08/30/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
Oddly enough I like going to live shows for both. The band can still sing all the parts and still have crowd interaction.

And yes, live shows are kind of about live music. That includes singing. So yes. I do go to hear the band play. Whether it is like the record or an alternate version is not relevant.

Either way, I pay to hear the band play and sing. I could not care less about what the rest of the crowd says/sings during a show.
Well, from Alex's perspective, it's fuckin' awesome when you're on stage and get the crowd to sing back the lyrics to your song. Plus, it's usually fun for the crowd too. So i'm not really sure what you are complaining about. Shows are just a good time.
02:23 PM on 08/30/12
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
For those saying it's annoying to have the crowd sing the first few lines or whatever

Alex probably never even thought that much into it. He probably heard everyone singing and was like "holy shit, they already know the fucking lyrics" and let them sing it. I'm sure he wanted to let the fans have fun too. Plus he was probably and obviously just really stoked on how cool that was for him and the band. Soooo not sure what the problem is

Anyway. Sounds good!
02:41 PM on 08/30/12
herestoyoufla
User Info.
For those saying it's annoying to have the crowd sing the first few lines or whatever

Alex probably never even thought that much into it. He probably heard everyone singing and was like "holy shit, they already know the fucking lyrics" and let them sing it. I'm sure he wanted to let the fans have fun too. Plus he was probably and obviously just really stoked on how cool that was for him and the band. Soooo not sure what the problem is

Anyway. Sounds good!
Exactly.
03:05 PM on 08/30/12
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
Lolol the NERVE of these kids huh?

Youre that desperate to find something not to like that you criticize the fans for being "too" into a song? You're funny guy
sarcasm on the internet, that's just crazy!
I like the song....I pointed out that the fans know the song within 48 hours, I don't know any other band that can make that happen.

but, if you can honestly tell me that some of their fan base isn't crazy, then I'll be impressed.
03:20 PM on 08/30/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
One again, people nit picking on reasons to not like the band. Solid performance. This seems like it translates incredibly well
03:42 PM on 08/30/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.

Anyway. Sounds good!
This to a T.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests