Username
Password
The Gay Blades News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gay Blades
Inside AP.net

The Gay Blades + Taco Bell = Awesome

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (08/30/12)
The Gay Blades' "Rock N' Roll (Part 1)" was featured in a new Taco Bell commercial that you can find in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
12:46 PM on 08/30/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
01:17 PM on 08/30/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Wow Taco Bell, first you use that song where the blasphemous singer went "God is good but I am great" and now you're using a gay bad to promote your music? Have fun serving tacos in hell!

(in all seriousness Taco Bell is one of the better companies at finding bands to feature in their commercials =))
01:46 PM on 08/30/12
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
When I heard them on the commercial I nearly shit
myself. Fucking love TGB.
04:57 PM on 08/30/12
AMackChuck
I am...Bakerguy
User Info.
I posted about it on Twitter and they followed me. Kind of cool.
05:37 PM on 08/30/12
TylerHartman
User Info.
These guys > The Black Keys. Tied with Japandroids for the greatest 2-man bands right now...unless Two Gallants are still around...then they are also tied. :) Good for TGB to get this exposure. Truly unique and and amazing tunes.
09:45 PM on 08/30/12
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
These guys > The Black Keys. Tied with Japandroids for the greatest 2-man bands right now...unless Two Gallants are still around...then they are also tied. :) Good for TGB to get this exposure. Truly unique and and amazing tunes.
Agreed! One of my favorite Two-Piece bands around. TGB are just so good.
09:45 PM on 08/30/12
TomWhaley
The Secondside
User Info.
Was so stoked when I first saw that commercial. Good for them.
10:02 PM on 08/30/12
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Nice exposure, even if it's just a little snippet.
10:20 PM on 08/30/12
deisel74
User Info.
Saw them in Delaware at the Grange a few years back with the Sleeping, and idk what the reason was but it was one of the more bizarre performances I had ever seen. Complete with the guy hopping off stage, still yelling, taking purses, walking back on stage. walking outside. Anybody else experience this? It WAS entertaining
11:53 PM on 08/30/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Not that I dislike any of those bands, but you forgot about The Front Bottoms there...
05:49 AM on 08/31/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Saw them in Delaware at the Grange a few years back with the Sleeping, and idk what the reason was but it was one of the more bizarre performances I had ever seen. Complete with the guy hopping off stage, still yelling, taking purses, walking back on stage. walking outside. Anybody else experience this? It WAS entertaining

I remember that show. I've seen crazy events like that and much more toned down performances from them up in Allentown a few times. The craziness of the live show really seems to be hit or miss but when it hits, it HITS. Regardless, TGB are pretty damn awesome.
09:40 AM on 08/31/12
TylerHartman
User Info.
Not that I dislike any of those bands, but you forgot about The Front Bottoms there...

Good point. A person really can't go wrong with some Front Bottoms. Have seen them a couple times in Portland and they never disappoint.
10:40 AM on 09/01/12
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.
will never stop expressing my love for these dudes
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music