Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 51.
03:46 PM on 08/30/12
xJesusFreakx
duh please
User Info.
It's worth being disappointed about and discussing All Time Low letting their fans sing the beginning of their new song the first time they perform it live?

Geez.
04:18 PM on 08/30/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
The fact the crowd already knows the words to the song shows how dedicated their fan base is. Even if they are a little crazy sometimes (the tumblr dedicated to the band AND band techs ex-girlfriends)
ahh the power of the internet
06:01 PM on 08/30/12
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
I found it really odd that he let the 12 yr old girls up front sing the opening lines.

It's the first time you play the song from an unreleased record. Sing the damn song.

I know it's been online, but that really bothered me.
when taylor swift released "mine" in 2010, i listened to it over 300 times in that first day and had it memorized in a couple hours
07:08 PM on 08/30/12
JonnyJonnyJonny
Jonny - TMTMM/Flavorsaurus
User Info.
when taylor swift released "mine" in 2010, i listened to it over 300 times in that first day and had it memorized in a couple hours
lol
07:26 PM on 08/30/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Band is solid as ever. This album will be good.
07:26 PM on 08/30/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.

It's good to know I wasn't the only one.
08:13 PM on 08/30/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Edit: also it has been out for only 48 hours.

It premiered on altpress.com on Friday of last week. It hit iTunes on Tuesday. So it'd been out for the better part of a week. Lyric video was released, too (but the fans had already made their own and had been posting the lyrics to tumblr for days).
08:44 PM on 08/30/12
davefalcone777
@davidgfalcone
User Info.
Coming from a band's point of view, having an audience sing your lyrics back at you (and sometimes louder than you) is one of the greatest and most humbling experiences ever.
09:12 PM on 08/30/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
listen to all those little girls screaming
10:27 PM on 08/30/12
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
Song sounds like a good "live" song
04:53 AM on 08/31/12
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
User Info.
For those saying it's annoying to have the crowd sing the first few lines or whatever

Alex probably never even thought that much into it. He probably heard everyone singing and was like "holy shit, they already know the fucking lyrics" and let them sing it. I'm sure he wanted to let the fans have fun too. Plus he was probably and obviously just really stoked on how cool that was for him and the band. Soooo not sure what the problem is

Anyway. Sounds good!

Agreed.

Can't wait to see them again in October and November.
11:49 AM on 08/31/12
Greg
User Info.
My complaint applies to every band ever. I even included examples of other bands doing it where I don't like it.

I go to live shows to hear the band, not the screeches of 12 yr old fans. I'm not sure why that's hard to understand.
02:54 PM on 08/31/12
Sherry116
Regret Is A Beginning
User Info.
Coming from a band's point of view, having an audience sing your lyrics back at you (and sometimes louder than you) is one of the greatest and most humbling experiences ever.

Exactly
02:54 PM on 08/31/12
Sherry116
Regret Is A Beginning
User Info.
My complaint applies to every band ever. I even included examples of other bands doing it where I don't like it.

I go to live shows to hear the band, not the screeches of 12 yr old fans. I'm not sure why that's hard to understand.

Get closer to the stage?
04:07 PM on 08/31/12
itaketoberlin
respect the process
User Info.
what i take away from this video is a disliking that they play live with a third guitarist and matt singing back up. at the same time, at least they are trying to re-create the sound from the record without using backup tracks and things of that nature ... that i know of. to say the least, i enjoyed the song better hearing it live then when i first heard the recording version.

i also thought about going to see them live this time around, after years of just ignoring it when they came back to town. but im not gonna pay money to have alex call me a "mother fucker"
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums