AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40.
09:44 PM on 09/02/12
strikefirefall
User Info.
I just really don't understand why they need so much money. I'm being realistic when I say that they can record, mix, and master a record for under $10,000.
09:46 PM on 09/02/12
fallingapart101
fallingapart1016
User Info.
7 days left, I don't think they just started, I think they just ended.

Also I find it interesting when a band "big" as Hawk Nelson is asking for $30,000 and then you have someone like Nate from Sherwood asking for $15,000. I know costs are different for studios and all, but maybe these "big" bands can take notes from the smaller bands. The albums come out sounding just as good quality wise that is.
09:48 PM on 09/02/12
Sherry116
Regret Is A Beginning
User Info.
Jesus approves. Good human beings do not.

You can make a diss towards Christians. Man, you just must be so smart and sophisticated.
09:52 PM on 09/02/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You can make a diss towards Christians. Man, you just must be so smart and sophisticated.
It's not about Christians it's about the shitbirds in this band and their past song "Letters To The President." You must be so smart and sophisticated.
10:49 PM on 09/02/12
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
not a chance.

I wonder if Jesus will contribute
01:14 AM on 09/03/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
How much to Disneyland though...?
03:59 AM on 09/03/12
Sherry116
Regret Is A Beginning
User Info.
It's not about Christians it's about the shitbirds in this band and their past song "Letters To The President." You must be so smart and sophisticated.

What's so bad about the people in this band? An not really, at least I admit it.
04:49 AM on 09/03/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
What is this kick starter month.

The one thing I do not get in the last three or four kick starters from bands. Is the bigger "prizes" is a travel to where ever the band is from or living or whatever. But yet your laying all that cash out for them and then it says in nice print. You must find your own way out here and back and find a place to stay while out visiting us. I feel like that is bullshit. I am laying 8,000 or more out for this prize that should be included into the prize. Not having to lay more money out to come fly out to see the band.
06:36 AM on 09/03/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
can staff seriously stop posting kickstarter shit for bands. its starting to really piss me off seeing band after band asking for money. don't even give them publicity.
09:18 AM on 09/03/12
jess' man
User Info.
A tour of peterborough, eh? It isn't anything special in my opinion (I live there). Lots of drug addicts, old people and second highest unemployment rate in Ontario.
11:08 AM on 09/03/12
fly_guy
End in sight, we must fight
User Info.
I just really don't understand why they need so much money. I'm being realistic when I say that they can record, mix, and master a record for under $10,000.
Oh easily, you can get a great sounding record for $3,000 or even less if you have help. I dont understand why this takes so much.
02:15 PM on 09/03/12
EmoErk
User Info.
A tour of peterborough, eh? It isn't anything special in my opinion (I live there). Lots of drug addicts, old people and second highest unemployment rate in Ontario.
and you have to pay for everything on top of the 8 grand. If you really wanna see Peterbourough i think this guy will show you around for much less
02:33 PM on 09/03/12
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
what's with all the kickstarter hate? it's almost as if people don't want the bands they enjoy (save for this one maybe?) to continue to make music.
02:38 PM on 09/03/12
jess' man
User Info.
and you have to pay for everything on top of the 8 grand. If you really wanna see Peterbourough i think this guy will show you around for much less
Yeah eight thousand is a ludicrous amount of money to ask for a tour of your average mid size city. Id give you a decent tour for a six pack of imported beer.
04:40 PM on 09/03/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can staff seriously stop posting kickstarter shit for bands. its starting to really piss me off seeing band after band asking for money. don't even give them publicity.

This.
Ap.net publicizes bands all the time instead of just giving us the news. Not saying its bad just making a observation
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests