Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 87 of 87.
07:21 AM on 09/06/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
We just need an album full of "Night's Song" quality tracks. Anarchy wasn't a bad album but it was so damn inconsistent and felt like there was a ton of filler.
Finally someone agrees that Night's Song was the best off AMD. Say Anything use to be my favorite band, I still like them but they just aren't living up to their potential. Some of their recent songs like Night's Song, Mara & Me, Ahh... Men are really great and instrumentally this band is way better than they were on fan fav albums. Max just needs to sit down take his time and write a concept album. Just because you write 100 songs a day doesn't mean they are any good, Quality over Quantity Max!
08:23 AM on 09/06/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
I just want him to perform "An Insult To The Dead" at least once. Just so someone can throw it on youtube and whenever I'm feeling down watch it. Too good of a song to NEVER play!

there's alot of songs from IDOTG that should be played live again...skinny, mean man, we killed it, no soul, insult, sorry dudes, plea...there's alot of solid songs from that album.
08:27 AM on 09/06/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
Finally someone agrees that Night's Song was the best off AMD. Say Anything use to be my favorite band, I still like them but they just aren't living up to their potential. Some of their recent songs like Night's Song, Mara & Me, Ahh... Men are really great and instrumentally this band is way better than they were on fan fav albums. Max just needs to sit down take his time and write a concept album. Just because you write 100 songs a day doesn't mean they are any good, Quality over Quantity Max!

the thing about SA is i feel like the direction they've been taking with the past few albums actually were good choices because in the spectrum of thier whole discolography it made them much more versatile, it's just unfortunate that being insane/pissy is SA's strong suit, which was obviously IARB/IDOTG and they came first. I don't want them to try to rewrite IARB, but I would like to have the next album have a me vs everyone else feel again, if that makes sense
08:56 AM on 09/06/12
musicaddicttt
the indie Christian good boy
User Info.
i bet this sounds like ...IARB part 2
09:13 AM on 09/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Next album will definitely be about fatherhood, or at least loosely in the lifestyle changes and emotions it brings him. I almost guarantee it.
I thought a lot of people felt that was the strongest on the album or at least one of them. I know it's my favourite.
09:19 AM on 09/06/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
"Admit It, Your Last Album Wasn't Very Good"
sounds fitting haha
09:25 AM on 09/06/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
These threads are the equivalent of circlejerking on Reddit
09:38 AM on 09/06/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
These threads are the equivalent of circlejerking on Reddit
...says the guy whose user name includes "isarealboy" with "Eat Sleep Fuck and Flee" as his usertitle.

Wait, you don't like the general attitude in here?
10:16 AM on 09/06/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.

the way I see it, it doesn't have the best lyrics or the best instrumentation, but it feels like the most complete song to me by Say Anything. Admit it has great lyrics but it feels more like a rant than a song to me. Woe could be a contender for the title, though
10:23 AM on 09/06/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
Watch out for the whole album having a bunch of references to him being a dad and how much he loves his daughter. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just not what I want to hear when I listen to Say Anything. I enjoyed angry Max.

the only hope we have is he either writes about self-loathing and regrets about being bipolar and a father, or anger at the world for being deranged, or the obligatory 2014 anniversary tour of IARB
10:31 AM on 09/06/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
there's alot of songs from IDOTG that should be played live again...skinny, mean man, we killed it, no soul, insult, sorry dudes, plea...there's alot of solid songs from that album.
Thank you! Finally somebody gets me! You're a gentleman and a scholar!
02:22 PM on 09/06/12
unnameworthy
Gypsy Wizard
User Info.
I feel that Max has just lost his touch lyrically. Or maybe that's not it: maybe his subject matter has moved outside the range of themes and emotions he's good at addressing. AMD had some interesting things going on acoustically, but there wasn't a single song that I connected with lyrically: the rare angry moments felt forced, and most of the brighter songs really faltered. I feel he's crossed the line into "Hmm, what should I write my next song about?", from an initial point of compulsion, of "I HAVE to let this out." Little on the past two albums feels imperative. If he gives a damn, he needs to recapture how to convey that.

I'll keep listening to see if he manages that. I'm still the optimist, though it is hard when all you want to hear in a new SA record is in a dream.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums