I forgot that happened
User Info.
who the hell is Imagine Dragons
This.
06:36 AM on 09/13/12
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
Never heard of them till they sold out a show here a few months ago and I was like ummm who?!? lol
06:47 AM on 09/13/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A indie band that Pitchfork doesn't jerk off. They're good for that reason alone.
why are you awful at living?
06:47 AM on 09/13/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pitchfork is crap. That being said so is the the prevailing mentality on this site that the more accessible or hook driven a band is the better they are. Also calling band on a major label who did a record with a mainstream pop producer "indie" shows how dumb using the term indie as a genre is.
why are you awful at living [2]
06:51 AM on 09/13/12
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
User Info.
oh wow...good for them thats awesome
06:57 AM on 09/13/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
So this debuted with more sold than "Some Nights" did?... Geez. How?

I gave the album a listen, and it's alright, but I didn't think it was anything spectacular.
07:00 AM on 09/13/12
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
The only song I have heard from these guys is It's Time and that song is very grating / annoying to me. Not a fan of the lyrics or the instrumentation in several parts of the song. Comes off as someone trying to write something catchy but it really isn't very catchy to me.

/shrug
07:03 AM on 09/13/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
who the hell is Imagine Dragons
Really?
07:31 AM on 09/13/12
Quijiba
User Info.
Holy Shit. Good for them, guess signing to Interscope was a good choice. New album is pretty damn good as well, it appears as if the label gave them a lot of freedom which is good.
07:32 AM on 09/13/12
Quijiba
User Info.
So this debuted with more sold than "Some Nights" did?... Geez. How?

I gave the album a listen, and it's alright, but I didn't think it was anything spectacular.
Definitely not spectacular, but its definitely a good album. I think their next one will be stronger, mostly because it will be written as a cohesive whole rather than taking some EP songs and writing some new ones
07:42 AM on 09/13/12
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
really solid album...good for them!
08:10 AM on 09/13/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A indie band that Pitchfork doesn't jerk off. They're good for that reason alone.

You're the worst.
08:11 AM on 09/13/12
rbf737
User Info.
The only song I have heard from these guys is It's Time and that song is very grating / annoying to me. Not a fan of the lyrics or the instrumentation in several parts of the song. Comes off as someone trying to write something catchy but it really isn't very catchy to me.

/shrug
Good way of putting it. Trying to write something poppy which additionally automatically seems to mean the lyrics have to be bland, pointless, and interchangeable.
08:29 AM on 09/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
The album is great. Bought it on a whim. I love the tracks that were from old EPs so I did not mind the, being on their cause for a major label debut they put up their best work. Radioactive is great as ever but I loved new songs too. Bleeding Out is such fucking jam.
08:32 AM on 09/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

/shrug
To be honest Its Time is not even close to my favorite song on the album. I really just sorta got into this band with this album so it may be a bad reference but I think Radioactive, Top of The World, Bleeding Out, and Nothing Left To Say are the best songs. Each one are very different too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos