Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 84
07:41 PM on 09/13/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Let's hope so because their last one was their worst album

I honestly can't imagine someone thinking Cheshire Cat is a better album than Neighborhoods but to each their own.

Quote:
and that's saying a whole fucking lot.

Oh. Haha. I see.

No.
08:18 PM on 09/13/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
I honestly can't imagine someone thinking Cheshire Cat is a better album than Neighborhoods but to each their own.

Oh. Haha. I see.

No.
Yeah blink sucks. If I wanted to listen to a boy band, it'd be either the beatles, beach boys, or one direction. Not this crap.
08:23 PM on 09/13/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Adams song was on enema jussayin
enema is their 2nd worst album though
08:29 PM on 09/13/12
JustBrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Maybe this means that they will actually write these songs together? Either that of Mod Life is coming back in a big way :/. I listened to TOYPAJI today, and I really just want the pop punk Blink back. Not the Blink/AVA sonic mash up. DISCLAIMER: I know they aren't 23 anymore. I just want some music with a little more edge.
08:54 PM on 09/13/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
TOYPAJ VINYL?!?

But seriously, I'll probably get my Brand New lyrics before that vinyl.
09:05 PM on 09/13/12
turningdrummer
User Info.
Yeah blink sucks. If I wanted to listen to a boy band, it'd be either the beatles, beach boys, or one direction. Not this crap.
Since when has The Beatles been a boy band? And who in their right mind would put them in a sentence with One Direction?

And I never listen to S/T. Ever. Neighbourhoods was legit.
09:13 PM on 09/13/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Since when has The Beatles been a boy band? And who in their right mind would put them in a sentence with One Direction?

And I never listen to S/T. Ever. Neighbourhoods was legit.
Oh please, the Beatles were the original boy band. Blink is a boy band as well.

Self-titled >>>>>>> Neighborhoods.
09:22 PM on 09/13/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
all jokes aside, this really does make me excited to for new blink. I wish they'd just tell us already what the "big thing" is
10:55 PM on 09/13/12
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
Why do you think that? (Not asking that in a douche-y way at all)
To me, and I think to most, Untitled show's the band's best form of maturation following Box Car Racer, and shows their strongest musical and lyrical output.

Though I think Mark's best lyrics come on +44
blink 182, mature and lyrical in the same sentence? you must have been born in the early 90's and missed out on what blink once stood for: fun.
11:16 PM on 09/13/12
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
enema is their 2nd worst album though

True dat home slice
11:36 PM on 09/13/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
I would have to agree with Zack here. I can enjoy listening to anything pre ST for nostalgia sake but none of those songs appeal to me anymore as i'm now an adult.

The ST album is just sublime. I don't think I would like Blink half as much as I do now if it wasn't for that album. I'm excited to see what the future holds for new Blink, I really liked Neighborhoods but I have a slight feeling that this new record will blow that one out the water just because they're so content and focussed.

Well I guess in all fairness I haven't listened to st all the way through in a few years
02:12 AM on 09/14/12
rob18244
born and raised.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"I feel like the best is yet to come, the next album is going to be exciting. For the most part the last album was recorded in different studios, we weren't always in the same room. We made it happen and it was the best it could be at the time with us three. I think in the future it can be crazy."

_______

This quote tells me that they're going to all gather in one studio and pound out another epic record :)
I really hope so!

If they can manage to hit the studio for six months, all in one room - they can make an amazing record.

I'd never pretend that Mark or Tom are the best musicians/vocalists in the world but they write GREAT songs. Colour me excited!
03:38 AM on 09/14/12
xRadioJoyx
User Info.
Enema was beaten in 2003
Indeed
04:50 AM on 09/14/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
blink 182, mature and lyrical in the same sentence? you must have been born in the early 90's and missed out on what blink once stood for: fun.
only this time, their in what? their late 30s? no longer their 20s
06:35 AM on 09/14/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I believe him. You cant expect a band to reform and write a masterpiece. You need that one "getting back into it" project.

That said I really enjoy Neighbourhoods. I bought it on release day and at first i thought it was boring and just very mediocre bar 'Up All Night' and 'Wishing Well'. Then when I saw them play material from it live i understood the record sooo much more. I went back to it and I think with time anybody that enjoyed Blink's self-titled will grow to enjoy Neighbourhoods.

POP DISASTER 2.0 WOULD LITERALLY MAKE ME JIZZ.

I heard on that tour Blink were secretly getting fed up with Green Day (a band whose light had dimmed at the time) pretty much upstaging them the whole tour. I wonder what it'd be like this time. Still having seen them live it must take real guts to go up against Green Day in the live arena. Even read an interview where Dave Grohl admitted to be scared when they both headlined T in the Park.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos