Username
Password
Fearless Records News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 179.
09:15 PM on 09/13/12
DylanPPPP
snooch to the nooch mother fucker
User Info.
Not really. I'm just not as close minded as some I guess.

For example, you can stream MMF's cover of Grenade on Punkgoespop.com. I'd say they did a real good job with it.
There's a difference between being closed minded and being able to recognize when music is uninspired. I'm incredibly open minded when it comes to music. Most of these bands just suck.
09:56 PM on 09/13/12
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
magical time of year hahahahaa
03:56 AM on 09/14/12
slowmotion90
User Info.
I would expect more than chug, their last album was decidedly less "chugging" that Deceiver
Did you actually hear their last record!? It definitely contains way more chugging than Deceiver.
05:09 AM on 09/14/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
I'd buy this as a Christmas present for someone I really hate. Gosh, fuck these compilations - It's the Glee of this side of the 'scene'.
05:24 AM on 09/14/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I can get over the fact that this isnt "punk", its the sentiment that matters.

But these releases have really gone downhill. Who wants to hear a bunch of largely cookie cutter bands perform largely diluted pop crap from the radio.

Knowing Breathe Carolina they will trash Billy Jean but at least they are trying to take on a definitive pop classic instead of fucking Rhianna

It'd be ok or at least more interesting if you got a bunch of bands to cover classic pop songs. Simply because pop music had more song craft to it in the past. Like the earlier ones.

I want to see someone take on something like a Cure/Blondie/Beatles/U2 cover, or something like that. Covering bonafide hits that have stood the test of time to some extent. Not some screamo band taking a Katy Perry chorus and filling it out with unimaginative chug-a-chug plastic 2-step while the cookie monster screams the verse lyrics.

It wouldnt matter if it is throwaway/light hearted like say AL4W's motown album. Or if a band took a genuine stab at trying to take the song somewhere (See Biffy Clyro's Weezer Cover below).

It'd be nice if they could pull together a compilation that had the quality of The Ataris' version of Boys of Summer, Thrice's Eleanor Rigby, Fall Out Boy's Billy Jean. Or even Reel Big Fish's Take On Me
06:18 AM on 09/14/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I'm sure this has already been stated....but the "punk" goes... moniker must be dropped. punk is still alive, so why isn't it full of punk bands?
plus, these "hardcore/metalcore" covers are generally terrible.
06:46 AM on 09/14/12
SweetBasil
User Info.
I feel out of touch. I don't recognize half or more of these song titles >.>
07:06 AM on 09/14/12
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
I just wanna hear the word alive cover, im sure they can pull it off. Except my only thing is how they gonna do 2 CHAINZZZZZZZZZZ part.
07:07 AM on 09/14/12
Erik Bihl
Vocals/Guitar in Comfort In Decay
User Info.
Punk Goes Pop 4 was amazing! Only a few songs that was shit. This can be good, but i agree with the others that it's to much metalcore bands. But i do love Crown The Empire and Vic Fuentes so i am happy :) Btw grenade cover by MMF is actually very good. I did not like them before. :)
07:14 AM on 09/14/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
How did they get so many punk bands to contribute to this?! Crazy! And all the tracks are super popular and relevant just like on the first one. A true return to form for fearless...
08:13 AM on 09/14/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.

gif of the year, that dude with the black shirt made me lol
09:14 AM on 09/14/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
There's a difference between being closed minded and being able to recognize when music is uninspired. I'm incredibly open minded when it comes to music. Most of these bands just suck.
Idk that it's uninspired...I think some of the better bands in the screamo scene actually do put a lot of work and sincerity into their music. Course there are some bands that are throw away acts--I can't argue with that.

And I didn't mean that as an insult necessarily, I was just saying that people seem to throw out an entire genre because of one or two poor examples. And I'm not even really a "fan" of the Risecore genre.
01:15 PM on 09/14/12
ParksXcore
User Info.
Im just getting tired of this.. I always loved Punk goes Crunk, Acoustic, and even 80's, its a shame they've given up and just do pop every year.
05:59 PM on 09/14/12
TylerHartman
User Info.
I can get over the fact that this isnt "punk", its the sentiment that matters.

But these releases have really gone downhill. Who wants to hear a bunch of largely cookie cutter bands perform largely diluted pop crap from the radio.

Knowing Breathe Carolina they will trash Billy Jean but at least they are trying to take on a definitive pop classic instead of fucking Rhianna

It'd be ok or at least more interesting if you got a bunch of bands to cover classic pop songs. Simply because pop music had more song craft to it in the past. Like the earlier ones.

I want to see someone take on something like a Cure/Blondie/Beatles/U2 cover, or something like that. Covering bonafide hits that have stood the test of time to some extent. Not some screamo band taking a Katy Perry chorus and filling it out with unimaginative chug-a-chug plastic 2-step while the cookie monster screams the verse lyrics.

It wouldnt matter if it is throwaway/light hearted like say AL4W's motown album. Or if a band took a genuine stab at trying to take the song somewhere (See Biffy Clyro's Weezer Cover below).

It'd be nice if they could pull together a compilation that had the quality of The Ataris' version of Boys of Summer, Thrice's Eleanor Rigby, Fall Out Boy's Billy Jean. Or even Reel Big Fish's Take On Me

Mon the motherfuckin' Biff.
02:40 AM on 09/15/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Mon the motherfuckin' Biff.
Amen, not enough Biffy fans on here.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives