Username
Password

01:59 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
Has anyone read any of the Culture novels by Iain M. Banks? Or Magician by Raymond E. Feist?

I plan to start one of them soon, but I have no clue which.
02:22 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Short read: Paulo Coehlo's The Alchemist. It's kind of hokey, but there's something there for everyone.

I'm reading Jon Green's Fault In Our Stars. Good so far, can't put it down. Kind of depressing.

Anything by David Mitchell.

And if you're into books-being-made-into-films, try Perks of Being a Wallflower or Life of Pi.Both are upcoming films and both look to be fantastic.

I've heard the Alchemist is good, I have that somewhere in my house, I'll probably do that one first.

I actually ordered that one yesterday on an impulse xD Good to know it wasn't a mistake.

Thanks xD
03:27 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
iRob
Live together, die alone.
England
Male - 24 Years Old
Downloaded samples for two books off of the iBooks store and it appears to have given me the entire book for free. Weird.
10:02 PM on 09/17/12 
User Info.
Larnjiroy
No Avatar Selected
new york
Male - 25 Years Old
reading the too much complicated book on supply chain management and financial management for my semester exams of management.

https://www.facebook.com/ilovebiggboss
11:20 AM on 09/22/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Anybody read the new Chabon novel yet? I picked it up on a whim yesterday. I've only read Kavaleir & Clay - I didn't love that one as much as some people but I thought the writing was great so I figured I'd give this new one a shot.
12:25 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
George Takei has a new book coming out titled "Oh Myyy!" and it's about the internet. Absolutely picking that up. Even if it sucks, the cover is just his head saying "Oh myyyy." Worth 10 dollars.
12:54 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
Highgarden
Male - 22 Years Old
Has anyone read any of Nick Hornby's novels? He is definitely becoming one of my favorite authors. Even Slam, which is geared more towards young adults is quite good.
01:45 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
Tolstoy. Yes. I was born in Ukraine and my mom used to read me his work and even then, when I was little, it was awesome. I haven't read it in English but I imagine that it's just about as good.
01:58 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
Tolstoy. Yes. I was born in Ukraine and my mom used to read me his work and even then, when I was little, it was awesome. I haven't read it in English but I imagine that it's just about as good.

Your mom is the best. And Tolstoy is pretty awesome too.
02:01 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
Your mom is the best. And Tolstoy is pretty awesome too.
She also used to read me Chekhov, if you've ever heard of him. He's so good as well.
02:08 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
She also used to read me Chekhov, if you've ever heard of him. He's so good as well.

I haven't read his plays (I hear great things about them) but his short stories are some of the best ever written. I love Russian lit, I have an entire shelf on my bookshelf dedicated to it.
02:15 PM on 09/24/12 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
I haven't read his plays (I hear great things about them) but his short stories are some of the best ever written. I love Russian lit, I have an entire shelf on my bookshelf dedicated to it.
That's awesome haha I only have a couple books with his short stories and I haven't read them in years, but this thread is inspiring me to. Older Russian literature is some of the best in the world.
12:48 PM on 09/27/12 
User Info.
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
you guys can say what you want about The Perks of Being a Wallflower, it just means so damn much to me.
02:23 PM on 09/27/12 
User Info.
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
I just finished up reading American Psycho which I found to be fantastic, such an interesting read. I suggest anyone even remotley interested in serial killers and the like to give it a go, you may have to skip past alot of the gorey scenes if you have a weak stomach though.
11:27 PM on 09/29/12 
User Info.
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm currently reading Invisible Monsters. I really enjoy it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos