Username
Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

Skyway Heading to Indefinite Hiatus

Posted by: Jason Tate (09/18/12)
Skyway are going on an indefinite hiatus after a final tour and releasing a final EP.

Submitted by Avalanche1

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
12:09 PM on 09/18/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I could never get into them.

So that leaves 2 popular Australian pop punk bands?
12:14 PM on 09/18/12
Theow593
User Info.
Birthdays still the greatest track
12:19 PM on 09/18/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Not

..then no care
12:43 PM on 09/18/12
formated4tv
tobesplays.com
User Info.
That's a bummer, I just reloaded my MP3 player with their albums the other day, and was hoping they might have something new coming out soon.
02:08 PM on 09/18/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I was surprised with how much I enjoyed this band when I heard of them. Interested to hear that last EP for sure.
03:32 PM on 09/18/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I saw this on Built on secrets FB today. Apparently this band has had like 5 releases but I've never heard of them til now. Any good? RIYL?
04:14 PM on 09/18/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
I saw this on Built on secrets FB today. Apparently this band has had like 5 releases but I've never heard of them til now. Any good? RIYL?
RIYL pop punk

Sad to see this band go. Really liked them.
04:48 PM on 09/18/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
who?
07:17 PM on 09/18/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
This news devastates me. Finders Keepers was a really good debut album.

I could never get into them.

So that leaves 2 popular Australian pop punk bands?

Tonight Alive and Heroes For Hire are probably the only big ones left... but bands like I Am Villain, Monuments, Colour The Sky, The Decline, Chris Duke and The Royals are all really good Aussie pop an/or punk bands.
07:34 PM on 09/18/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
This news devastates me. Finders Keepers was a really good debut album.

Tonight Alive and Heroes For Hire are probably the only big ones left... but bands like I Am Villain, Monuments, Colour The Sky, The Decline, Chris Duke and The Royals are all really good Aussie pop an/or punk bands.

Devo as well!!. I only really rated them and Tonight Alive as the only good new wave pop/punk in Aust.
Finders Keepers was one of my fave CDs of last year

Maybe Heroes for hire can step up now they have Steve from NFG doing their newie

Maybe Bodyjar and one dollar short can make new songs seeing they did reunion tours
09:07 PM on 09/18/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
RIYL pop punk

Sad to see this band go. Really liked them.

I was hoping for a list of similar bands but thanks still. Australia has a superb pedigree of amazing music do I have high hopes.
10:33 PM on 09/18/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
I was hoping for a list of similar bands but thanks still. Australia has a superb pedigree of amazing music do I have high hopes.

Australia & nz: heroes for hire, one dollar short, tonight alive, for our heroes, carry me home, for amusement only, 28days, goodnight nurse, bodyjar

Similar overseas: the years gone by, veara, mest, fenix tx, for the win, rufio, this time next year, unwritten law, early Fight fair not the beach boys shit
Skateboarding surf pop punk basically
03:03 AM on 09/19/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
Devo as well!!. I only really rated them and Tonight Alive as the only good new wave pop/punk in Aust.
Finders Keepers was one of my fave CDs of last year

Maybe Heroes for hire can step up now they have Steve from NFG doing their newie

Maybe Bodyjar and one dollar short can make new songs seeing they did reunion tours

Finders Keepers should have made waves for them. I'm really excited for Heroes For Hires upcoming album it is shaping up pretty well.

I would love some new music from One Dollar Short. I think their singer actually did guest vocals on Finders Keepers...
03:04 AM on 09/19/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.

RIYL: Early New Found Glory with an Australian accent. It's hard to think of anything besides Pop Punk as a recommendation, it's just good.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests