AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Muse News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream New Muse Album "The 2nd Law"

Posted by - 01:28 PM on 09/24/12
You can stream Muse's new album The 2nd Law over at the Guardian.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
01:35 PM on 09/24/12
creativemind
every planet we reach is dead
User Info.
Excited but scared.
01:39 PM on 09/24/12
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Love Madness, Follow Me is alright, the rest is apalling.
01:39 PM on 09/24/12
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
I don't think I'll like it, but it's still Muse, so I guess I'll give it a chance
01:40 PM on 09/24/12
deadjean
Tie Me Up! Untie Me!
User Info.
I think the fact that this news has so few posts so far is a testament to how far these guys have fallen in peoples eyes. right after absolution came out this thread would have 100 posts in about 40 seconds.
01:40 PM on 09/24/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I like the first few tracks, I'm only on track 4 so far.
01:49 PM on 09/24/12
Cikuexsan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So far, I am enjoying the change. It stands as a testament to two things I believe: the incredibly ability of the band to expand and also how fickle fans can truly be.

As someone who appreciates change in a band, I like the direction. Matt said it'd be a huge change, and it is. Very different. But a good change. They have gone from that angsty, hard, in your face sound, to more of a relaxed tempo with vocals that echo through the air.

I feel like if you don't like it, fine. That's cool. Doesn't mean it sucks. If you want Absolution, OS, or Showbiz, then listen to Absolution, OS, or Showbiz. Don't throw a fit and bash them because they expanded their genre. I personally feel like this type of separation happens with a lot of bands.

In the end, the album isn't bad. It isn't their old albums, by far. It's more like an expanded upon Resistance. Which I loved. It just shows how Matt can touch nearly any genre and make something out of it.

/rant
01:55 PM on 09/24/12
Drew Beringer
User Info.
this doesn't touch their earlier albums, but I like it a lot more than Resistance. like the guy above me said, the ability to expand and build on their sound is a testament to the band.
02:01 PM on 09/24/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It has some songs I like but it is the first muse album where I can't get into every song. People hated The Resistance because it was more toned down but I sorta loved it for that as it added in a lot of different elements. I guess one could say this album does the same but I personally don't think all of these songs sound great. Its definitely a muse album and maybe I will like it more later but atm I think its their weakest yet. Will give it more listens when in the mood but am glad to say its not gonna be my least favorite album of the year (already have that picked and this is not worse). Muse are something else but even my least favorite songs do sound a bit better in the context of the album but I wouldn't say it lives up to my favorites from their older album or This Resistance for that matter.
02:02 PM on 09/24/12
newmahay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Every time I see an band stream an album, I assume its because the album must of leaked. That sucks for them.

Is the album any good?
02:04 PM on 09/24/12
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
So far, I am enjoying the change. It stands as a testament to two things I believe: the incredibly ability of the band to expand and also how fickle fans can truly be.

As someone who appreciates change in a band, I like the direction. Matt said it'd be a huge change, and it is. Very different. But a good change. They have gone from that angsty, hard, in your face sound, to more of a relaxed tempo with vocals that echo through the air.

I feel like if you don't like it, fine. That's cool. Doesn't mean it sucks. If you want Absolution, OS, or Showbiz, then listen to Absolution, OS, or Showbiz. Don't throw a fit and bash them because they expanded their genre. I personally feel like this type of separation happens with a lot of bands.

In the end, the album isn't bad. It isn't their old albums, by far. It's more like an expanded upon Resistance. Which I loved. It just shows how Matt can touch nearly any genre and make something out of it.

/rant
Couldn't have said it better myself
02:05 PM on 09/24/12
Cikuexsan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Every time I see an band stream an album, I assume its because the album must of leaked. That sucks for them.

Is the album any good?
I personally have enjoyed it so far. There is even a track that Chris sings. I recommend giving it a listen or few in order to let it grow on. So far, I've loved every track that has come on first try.

And yes, it did leak unfortunately.
02:07 PM on 09/24/12
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
I think the fact that this news has so few posts so far is a testament to how far these guys have fallen in peoples eyes. right after absolution came out this thread would have 100 posts in about 40 seconds.
"in peoples eyes"? Really? I think a better expression would be "in AP.net's eyes". They're still selling out stadiums across the world.
02:19 PM on 09/24/12
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
Muse has never been the Fall Out Boy of AP.net; I don't really think you know what you're talking about.
02:23 PM on 09/24/12
Drew Beringer
User Info.
wrong, Absolution posts back in 2004 never got close to 100 replies, Blackholes rarely got 100 replies, but the last two news cycles for their last two albums have garnered a lot of replies. The majority of news posts revolving around this album are getting anywhere between 30-100 replies.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos