Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 70
06:23 PM on 09/27/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
nice name. douches. sooooo edgy.

"not because of the trial" don't be fucking stupid. you could have easily changed the name. oh, and by the way, the news on that whole case broke LAST YEAR (2011) and the band started this year. morons.

good luck getting a show.

06:30 PM on 09/27/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
1. Sandusky, OH

2. It's possible they had the name before that Penn State business, but I don't care enough to find out.
Yeah, well you can just read their about and they give the "background" of the name.

Which is just a line of bullshit if you don't know how to read.
07:11 PM on 09/27/12
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Name is not that offensive in my opinion; "Sandusky" applied to many different things long before Jerry, to include Cedar Point's location.

Pretty silly selection from among virtually unlimited options in 2012 though.
07:29 PM on 09/27/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Name is not that offensive in my opinion; "Sandusky" applied to many different things long before Jerry, to include Cedar Point's location.

Pretty silly selection from among virtually unlimited options in 2012 though.
so thats why you change your name unless you want your band named to be associated with a sick monster of an individual

it'd be the same thing as having a band called Hitler, although not as offensive for obvious reasons
07:46 PM on 09/27/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Cedar Point is the bestest. I will not let that man tarnish its image.
08:02 PM on 09/27/12
cjudge90
User Info.
this is the suck. billie joe meets country meets dangerous summer meets a giant pile of shit.
08:05 PM on 09/27/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Who cares where they say they got their band name from? There's a billion things to name your band; and this is their first song.

So, in short, fuck them.
08:21 PM on 09/27/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Yeah, well you can just read their about and they give the "background" of the name.

Which is just a line of bullshit if you don't know how to read.

I don't care enough to investigate. Based on the comments, the song isn't even good. Not sure how much of that is based on it actually being bad or bias towards the name, though.

As Ben 'Yahtzee' Crowshaw said, "Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of quality control, in recent years its become easier to just assume everything is shit until it can prove itself otherwise."

Not an exact quote, but you get the idea.
08:45 PM on 09/27/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't care enough to investigate. Based on the comments, the song isn't even good. Not sure how much of that is based on it actually being bad or bias towards the name, though.

As Ben 'Yahtzee' Crowshaw said, "Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of quality control, in recent years its become easier to just assume everything is shit until it can prove itself otherwise."

Not an exact quote, but you get the idea.
That has nothing to do with what I said. The quality of their music, or obvious lack thereof, is besides the point. They took this name knowing full-well of the disgusting situation and still went with it. Like others have said, they could have came up with any other name. These guys are dipshits. End of story. It's not edgy. It's not cool. They are going to get "cred" or people to book them at any venue (if that's even something they are trying to do).

I don't even know why I typed this much, because it's just so obvious that these guys are fucking tools for naming their band this. That's my opinion, I guess.
08:51 PM on 09/27/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
It's just a name. Get Jerry out of your minds people.
10:05 PM on 09/27/12
youenvydoug
Dongers Forever
User Info.
Song isn't good.
11:36 PM on 09/27/12
davidarechiga
davidarechiga
User Info.
Not Terrible.
01:24 AM on 09/28/12
good088456
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Professional replica watches supplier for you, Rolex, Breitling, Omega and other brands with Huge Discounts,all luxury watches for sale cheap and cheapest only $59 best replica watches
05:00 AM on 09/28/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
At least you're not the Baltimore area sports reporter Gerry Sandusky

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_n...jerry-sandusky
05:31 AM on 09/28/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Nothing special is an overstatement. Though, this reminds of the times in high school when I'd think of what I thought were clever band names, so I'd sit on a purevolume domain...nothing ever manifested.
Well that wouldn't do you any good without a trademark, right?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos