Username
Password
Facebook News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 71.
05:55 AM on 09/28/12
Feenucks
www.thisglassembrace.band camp.com
User Info.
That has nothing to do with what I said. The quality of their music, or obvious lack thereof, is besides the point. They took this name knowing full-well of the disgusting situation and still went with it. Like others have said, they could have came up with any other name. These guys are dipshits. End of story. It's not edgy. It's not cool. They are going to get "cred" or people to book them at any venue (if that's even something they are trying to do).

I don't even know why I typed this much, because it's just so obvious that these guys are fucking tools for naming their band this. That's my opinion, I guess.

Meh. I think people are taking this way too seriously. It's not like it affects your life in a negative way. If the name offends you so much just don't listen to them. It really is that easy, believe it or not.
07:04 AM on 09/28/12
maxvsmaradona
thesecondside.bandcamp.co m
User Info.
My next project is going to be a ska band. "Gacy and the Dahmers"
07:14 AM on 09/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Meh. I think people are taking this way too seriously. It's not like it affects your life in a negative way. If the name offends you so much just don't listen to them. It really is that easy, believe it or not.

Really?! Is it?! No worries, man. No qualms with you asking me to clarify my feelings on it. The band name is fucking stupid. The end.
07:17 AM on 09/28/12
ChaseTx
You know I like my chicken fried.
User Info.
Eh, ya'll are making way too much of the name. It's not that uncommon as a proper noun (name, city, etc.) and only has negative connotations because of the events of the last year. Within a couple years, it'll just be another name.

If the guy's name had been Hamilton, would you be offended by a band that chose that name?
07:20 AM on 09/28/12
Feenucks
User Info.
Really?! Is it?! No worries, man. No qualms with you asking me to clarify my feelings on it. The band name is fucking stupid. The end.

Haha!!! I find it hilarious that you're this upset about it.
07:21 AM on 09/28/12
Feenucks
User Info.
Eh, ya'll are making way too much of the name. It's not that uncommon as a proper noun (name, city, etc.) and only has negative connotations because of the events of the last year. Within a couple years, it'll just be another name.

If the guy's name had been Hamilton, would you be offended by a band that chose that name?

THANK YOU!!!
07:46 AM on 09/28/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
What a dumb name and a dull band. They hyped the release on Facebook to no end, too, haha. Bit of a shame that AJ spent his time on this.
08:05 AM on 09/28/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
haha I read it AJ paterno

If that was who was featured, he wouldn't have even sung anything
08:09 AM on 09/28/12
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
At least it's not The Menzingers.
is there anything wrong with "Menzingers"? I'm serious, I don't know if it means anything, but I always thought it didn't.

edit: nevermind, I googled it. it's actually a pretty cool band name

Minnesang was the tradition of lyric and song writing in Germany which flourished in the 12th century and continued into the 14th century. People who wrote and performed Minnesang are known as Minnesingers (Minnesänger).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesang
09:21 AM on 09/28/12
jjnunn118
The Alternative Review
User Info.
Wow this is boring
09:24 AM on 09/28/12
Onermedboxer
A real rock'n'rolla
User Info.
is there anything wrong with "Menzingers"? I'm serious, I don't know if it means anything, but I always thought it didn't.

edit: nevermind, I googled it. it's actually a pretty cool band name

Minnesang was the tradition of lyric and song writing in Germany which flourished in the 12th century and continued into the 14th century. People who wrote and performed Minnesang are known as Minnesingers (Minnesänger).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesang
Wow, never actually knew that. I knew I checked this thread for a reason. Thank you for the informative and polite post
09:44 AM on 09/28/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
1. Sandusky, OH

2. It's possible they had the name before that Penn State business, but I don't care enough to find out.
Their page says the band was formed in 2012...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say even if it was named after the town, they knew what people would think of when they heard the name. You can't just ignore something like that haha. Either way, I am totally uninterested after listening to that song they have up so who cares.
09:49 AM on 09/28/12
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
Sounds like the guy is trying to sound like Tom Petty?
10:44 AM on 09/28/12
Feenucks
User Info.
Their page says the band was formed in 2012...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say even if it was named after the town, they knew what people would think of when they heard the name. You can't just ignore something like that haha. Either way, I am totally uninterested after listening to that song they have up so who cares.

Obviously you can, because that seems to be what they did. Haha! Otherwise, I agree with you. Who cares?

Honestly, their (poor choice of) band name seems to be serving its (possibly intended) purpose of getting people to continuously talk about them, good or bad. To those who seem to be so unbelievably offended by this: the best thing you can do is ignore them. Don't let simple things like this ruin your day. Based on some of the reactions, you'd almost think these guys were the actual sex offenders! Lol seriously people, just ignore them.
10:58 AM on 09/28/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
At least you're not the Baltimore area sports reporter Gerry Sandusky

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_n...jerry-sandusky
Truth.

If that was who was featured, he wouldn't have even sung anything
Stop laughing, Dustin, stop laughing...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE