Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 92
08:33 AM on 09/28/12
thriced.
Striving Imitator of Jesus
User Info.
This is a great feat regardless of the artist. The fact that they are outselling TSwift, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, etc. is quite amazing. Love or hate any of those artists (mostly hate on this website), 600,000 in album sales is an amazing number today. We should all be thankful that the music industry isn't dead yet, and that people are still willing to put out their money in exchange for music that they like - regardless if YOU like them or not.

Well done, Mumford.
And well done, Earth.
08:56 AM on 09/28/12
harveyn590
User Info.
I thought it was just the biggest selling rock record since 2008.

Edit: Yeah, Born this Way sold 1.108 million the first week, and even discounting the 440K amazon digital sales, that's still more than this.
Came to say the same thing. There have been many albums that have sold more than 600k in their first week since 2008.

The article evens makes no sense "The band are also on track for the second largest sales week for a digital album ever, just behind Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way', which racked up 662,000 units in sales."
09:14 AM on 09/28/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the fuck? There is no way this can be accurate. Taylor Swift has released 2 records since 2008.
11:29 AM on 09/28/12
RayJoonya
DreamofSleeping.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good for them! Great live band.
11:46 AM on 09/28/12
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
Just like Jason Mraz, this band is something I don't understand the popularity of. I don't dislike them, I don't like them, I just don't get it. Its the musical equivalent of:
12:07 PM on 09/28/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
this thread just taught me that AC/DC is an awesome, god-like band and should be forever touring across the globe.
03:53 PM on 09/28/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Only listened to Babel once, but I was really digging it.

Care to enlighten us? What "genre" would you put them in?
I don't really know, hence the quotes. But there's folksy stuff and acoustic guitar etc. I'm not good with genre identification, but I know what I hear.
04:21 PM on 09/28/12
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
Holy shit that's awesome.
10:15 PM on 09/28/12
JunkBondTrader
Judas seems sincere...
User Info.
yea im pretty indifferent to this band. i get the initial appeal. but i can listen to about 3 songs before they all start to sound exactly the same. they are kind of a one trick pony. i dont think theyve ever written a song that didnt sound exactly like the one before it.

theyre just kind of an easy band for people to like without having to think much. that rollicking folk foot stomping anthmatic type stuff is just like that.

the lead singer has about two vocal melodies that uses from all of their songs.
01:26 PM on 09/29/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
i'm confused. i mean if that's the case they are set to sell multi millions of this album, and that just confuses me. there's no way this band is well known enough to sell like lady gaga, eminem, justin bieber, or even other artists that are constantly played on the radio. unless i've missed something, i find this hard to believe. if they do good for them but i'll probably think it's a conspiracy.
07:19 PM on 09/29/12
treyj1234
This is the last night in my body.
User Info.
It just always seems to me like they're playing dress up whenever I've seen videos of their performances. Their image seems to be their biggest concern.

I don't know why people take it so personally when I say I can't stand this band. I have plenty of friends who absolutely love them and it's not like I'm planning on ending our friendships because they like Mumford & Sons and I can't stand them.

If you love this band, great. Nobody else's opinion should impact whether or not you enjoy something

Don't care if you like the band or not, that's fine. What bothers me is that you question their sincerity because they "play dress up." You have an anberlin username, do you question their sincerity because of the way they dress? I've seen them three times (and love them), they certainly don't make a habit of wearing jeans and t-shirts all the time...
07:34 PM on 09/29/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
Don't care if you like the band or not, that's fine. What bothers me is that you question their sincerity because they "play dress up." You have an anberlin username, do you question their sincerity because of the way they dress? I've seen them three times (and love them), they certainly don't make a habit of wearing jeans and t-shirts all the time...
Anberlin don't write songs to fit a certain aesthetic or dress like they're touring the oregon trail. Having an image is fine. Wearing different clothes on stage than you would if you were going to Target is fine. It should be secondary though.

I don't care if you or anyone else likes the band. Go for it. Support them. They just seem like characters to me
08:11 PM on 09/29/12
thishoax2live4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anberlin don't write songs to fit a certain aesthetic or dress like they're touring the oregon trail. Having an image is fine. Wearing different clothes on stage than you would if you were going to Target is fine. It should be secondary though.

I don't care if you or anyone else likes the band. Go for it. Support them. They just seem like characters to me

Uh, you serious bro? Anberlin played into the whole "christian" scene in a HUGE way before they jumped to a bigger label...Those are like 30 something dudes who still wear SUPER skinny jeans and have swoop bangs...they definitely care about a certain aesthetic.
04:17 AM on 09/30/12
betterthanyou99
User Info.
They are not outselling Taylor, though. "Speak Now" debuted with over 1mil of sales in 2010.

The same with Gaga...but then again she had that Amazon-deal advantage. Last Lil Wayne album was close to mil as well. Just missed out.

So in other words- BS article. Best opening for a rock band? Possibly.
08:00 AM on 10/01/12
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
I don't really know, hence the quotes. But there's folksy stuff and acoustic guitar etc. I'm not good with genre identification, but I know what I hear.
Any recommendations in that style? I'm looking for some new stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos