AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 20
Displaying posts 285 - 300 of 321.
04:54 PM on 10/03/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I've heard lots of songs by them. I meant first full album I've listened to. I worded that kinda poorly haha
05:13 PM on 10/03/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I've heard lots of songs by them. I meant first full album I've listened to. I worded that kinda poorly haha
Ok that makes sense haha
05:24 PM on 10/03/12
crashofwaves
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like it, but then don't like it at the same time.
05:42 PM on 10/03/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Wondering the same thing..maybe that was one of the options they were throwing around for the song? Because its for sure "so long..." that is what it is on the hard copy
I have to say as my AP.net bff, im kind of salty you didnt respond to my quote yesterday...

haha jk but weve been talking about this forever! I want to hear your opinion of the record brah.
08:38 PM on 10/03/12
dani1292
@dani1292
User Info.
Okay so after processing the album throughout yesterday and today I can say that I really like it. Liked it at first listen and I haven't taken it back. This is the album I've been craving since the release of SWIR. Not that I didn't like NP, but I like this version of All Time Low better.
10:03 PM on 10/03/12
CrewysLane
User Info.
Im assuming Alex. He was born in England and moved when he was younger and now hes singing (found his voice in verse and chorus). Dont know what "so long soldier" is referring to specifically though. Maybe something his family said to him one time before he left? haha idk.
could be about his brother?
11:07 PM on 10/03/12
forget_december
http://thanksvb.bandcamp.com
User Info.
The first half of the chorus of "So Long Soldier" is the same melody as the chorus of "Circles", which I dig.
02:06 AM on 10/04/12
The-Thom-ATL
TheThom
User Info.
You couldn't have picked a better example. NFG's Coming Home was such a great record.

All in all I have nothing against All Time Low and wish them all the best, but after five releases a band should start dabbling into different territories.

Man, I gotta spin me some Coming Home right now. Thanks for the reminder. =)
Stabbing into different territories? Try listening to "Too Much" or any song of Dirty Work, thats a totally different direction.
02:07 AM on 10/04/12
The-Thom-ATL
TheThom
User Info.
Just listened to it. As the first album I've listened to by them, I thought it was decent, but not spectacular. I really, really liked So Long Soldier. Probably the best song they've ever done imo. However, this was a pretty typical pop-punk album I think. Maybe I would love it as much as you guys if I'd have been a fan for a long time?

Overall, I'd give this a 7/10. As recent pop-punk albums go, Green Day's Uno and Yellowcard's Southern Air are much better.
Oh Dear, you're one of those people..
02:08 AM on 10/04/12
The-Thom-ATL
TheThom
User Info.
The first half of the chorus of "So Long Soldier" is the same melody as the chorus of "Circles", which I dig.
Oh hey I wasn't the only one who noticed it! :')
07:12 AM on 10/04/12
Nightfox33
User Info.
Looks like they found the sweet spot between there old stuff that was raw and their newer stuff that was overproduced.
08:27 AM on 10/04/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
Just listened to it. As the first album I've listened to by them, I thought it was decent, but not spectacular. I really, really liked So Long Soldier. Probably the best song they've ever done imo. However, this was a pretty typical pop-punk album I think. Maybe I would love it as much as you guys if I'd have been a fan for a long time?

Overall, I'd give this a 7/10. As recent pop-punk albums go, Green Day's Uno and Yellowcard's Southern Air are much better.
Please, anyone saying Uno is better is because they're just biased. What an awful album Green Day released. The vocals and the drums (as the 2 standouts here) are miles better than that shitty repetitive excuse of an album.
11:18 AM on 10/04/12
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
"sheets" is EASILY the best song on this album. You people are insane.
11:45 AM on 10/04/12
FTank
Blank
User Info.
"sheets" is EASILY the best song on this album. You people are insane.
Haha I thought it was easily the worst
12:13 PM on 10/04/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Haha I thought it was easily the worst
Really? even below For Baltimore or Reckless?

Those two are my least favorite, but still great songs. Favorite as of right now is still Live And Let Go. Somewhere In Neverland, Sheets, So Long Soldier, Thanks To You, Paint You Wings, and Let Me Be Me are all instant ATL classics for me.

Irony is also perfect just simply for what they were going for and Im sure theyre fangirls are loving that one. Catchy as hell and I love the Na-na-na-nas.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums