AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35
02:19 PM on 10/05/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
I'm always down for new music from Finch, but shit, the last time yet got back together and tried to tour, it was downright miserable.
02:31 PM on 10/05/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
don't worry, if it happens we'll have a rash of "SHTS is a underrated record blabla..." comments as usual. i personally loved everything they released, though WIITB hasn't aged really well.
In terms of my loving an album, WIITB hit a higher peak than SHTS. But those were different points in my life, personally and taste-wise. I can say that SHTS gets replayed at probably a 5 to 1 ratio compared to WIITB.
03:10 PM on 10/05/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Finch, get back together for good or just stop. This is like the 3rd time you have broken up and sort of gotten back together. Even though I'd love a mastered version of that record that was recorded but never finished due to the break up.
03:11 PM on 10/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Don't fucking toy with my emotions Finch!

I am a HUGE fan and waiting forever for LP3 and when it never came, it made me angry and frustrated. I'm all for a reunion but if its just to promote the new acts, I'll be highly disappointed.
03:15 PM on 10/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
they said when they started promoting the facebook page that they weren't getting back together. it's probably some more vinyl releases or something

I'd love a SHTS vinyl release. I'd love to hear the never released/semi-finished LP3 a thousand times more.
03:58 PM on 10/05/12
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
Me too.
04:15 PM on 10/05/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
Between these guys and Matchbook Romance I'm finding it hard to forget "bands that i liked when i was too impressionable" ... As much as I miss the DTR heyday, I'm getting bored with most of these reunions. Plus, the shows are too expensive now haha.
05:24 PM on 10/05/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Finch use to be my all time favorite band. Glad I got to see them at least once when they reformed for a bit. Wish a full length could have came from it tho.
05:52 PM on 10/05/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
Welcome back?
06:50 PM on 10/05/12
xjdizzle
User Info.
Like what, the 5th time they're back? I like this band, but if you're coming back every 3 to for years, don't "breakup". Just stay together and tour when you can.
Uhhh they only came back once and it was just a hiatus kinda like Thursday did.
06:55 PM on 10/05/12
xjdizzle
User Info.
I'm always down for new music from Finch, but shit, the last time yet got back together and tried to tour, it was downright miserable.
That's because they toured with a bunch of scene bands. Kids now don't want real music just breakdowns with auto tune and one direction type lyrics full of non-sense. If they do come back they should tour with a band like Bayside. Also i hope they stoop trying to be too experimental and just write solid catchy songs and put a little more muscle into the instumentals.
06:58 PM on 10/05/12
xjdizzle
User Info.
Between these guys and Matchbook Romance I'm finding it hard to forget "bands that i liked when i was too impressionable" ... As much as I miss the DTR heyday, I'm getting bored with most of these reunions. Plus, the shows are too expensive now haha.
Shows are expensive now, You can't find any good shows anymore that are 12 to 15 bucks like back in the good days. Mt TSL ticket was almost 40, i rememeberr i only paid 25 total to see them open for FOB in 05'
08:02 PM on 10/05/12
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One thing I will say is I don't think Say Hello To Sunshine is underrated. I think too many people wrote it off without giving it a real chance because it sounded nothing at all like What It Is To Burn.

I will say the guy who played drums for them on the tour after they put that EP out was the perfect happy medium between Alex Pappas and Marc Allen.
11:07 PM on 10/05/12
forget_december
http://thanksvb.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Oh god, I really hope a reunion tour happens. I've never seen them live, and the one time I actually had a chance, my ride bailed at the very last minute. A lot of dreams were crushed that day.
12:22 AM on 10/06/12
ffafan
User Info.
Im gonna guess they're gonna be support for all/some of those tsl dates. I thought they're supposed to announce their support for those dates soon? Tslmanager?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos