AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33.
05:11 PM on 10/06/12
Zx1zelda
User Info.
You're a good man. I couldn't hold it any longer.

Be excited, my friend!

Yeah I'm holding out too. I'm excited.
05:32 PM on 10/06/12
thesinkingship
You gave her shit
User Info.
Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up. They never fucking went anywhere asswipe.
06:13 PM on 10/06/12
Baines on Toast
This is reinvention
User Info.
Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up. They never fucking went anywhere asswipe.

Nope, they definitely went away for nine years, arguably seven. Where have you been, man?
12:22 AM on 10/07/12
xScrewed@Birthx
User Info.
Nope, they definitely went away for nine years, arguably seven. Where have you been, man?
troll -_-
12:23 AM on 10/07/12
xScrewed@Birthx
User Info.
track could have easily fit on good apollo 1 for sure!
02:13 AM on 10/07/12
Baines on Toast
This is reinvention
User Info.
Honestly? Why am I a troll for suggesting the band hasn't produced what they are capable of since In Keeping Secrets up until this record?
04:56 AM on 10/07/12
wait now here
User Info.
Honestly? Why am I a troll for suggesting the band hasn't produced what they are capable of since In Keeping Secrets up until this record?
Coheed is my favorite band but damn some of the hardcore fanbase is so insecure and defensive of criticism it is kinda pathetic. I wouldn't suggest you are a troll (or asswipe) for stating your opinion, which I'd agree with you for the most part except I'd even go as far as to say even the new album doesn't touch their first 2...or 3rd for that matter. It is a step in the right direction in my opinion (mothers of men & vic the butcher are awesome) but until I hear the 2nd half it still is a far cry away from the sheer brilliance of SSTB and IKSOSE3.
05:36 AM on 10/07/12
Lysrothtuck
User Info.
I don't think you're an asswipe, but I do believe you're incorrect, especially saying since "IKS". GA1 is undeniably up there as an album.
08:34 AM on 10/07/12
goodguy8705
User Info.
Coheed has not released a bad album yet. You could say they've grown, matured, changed or any other number of verbs that describe what bands do from album to album, but you can't say they haven't produced Coheed albums. They've been one of the few bands that consistently produce high quality records, regardless of what the "core" fans might think. This is the exact same shit that happens with Say Anything records. They release good albums, but they'll never be like IARB. It's just the way it goes.

As for The Afterman: Ascension, it is a great album, just like all their other albums. If you didn't like them, that's your deal.
09:11 AM on 10/07/12
thesinkingship
You gave her shit
User Info.
Saying things like "they've been gone for nine years" is not just an opinion. He didn't just say "I didn't like the last two albums". He deliberately said something in a spiteful way that was bound to ruffle feathers. It's an ignorant way about stating distaste for the direction the band has gone musically. They haven't gone anywhere because they've been putting out albums for the last decade, albums that have consistently been well received and charted high. Not to mention their fan base has increased immensely since they supposedly "left". I wasn't the biggest fan of Black Rainbow and No World for Tomorrow but I would never make a moronic comment such as "they're back!"
10:30 AM on 10/07/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Saying things like "they've been gone for nine years" is not just an opinion. He didn't just say "I didn't like the last two albums". He deliberately said something in a spiteful way that was bound to ruffle feathers. It's an ignorant way about stating distaste for the direction the band has gone musically. They haven't gone anywhere because they've been putting out albums for the last decade, albums that have consistently been well received and charted high. Not to mention their fan base has increased immensely since they supposedly "left". I wasn't the biggest fan of Black Rainbow and No World for Tomorrow but I would never make a moronic comment such as "they're back!"
I agree. That's why I don't like people who say Chiodos are back. They never left. THey made a good album with another singer that wasn't that popular. The band is still there.
11:41 AM on 10/07/12
YoShitsGoinDown
User Info.
It would be hard to argue that the dynamic and sound of the band didn't change dramatically after good apollo/addition of chris pennie. Some bands just don't flow the same when you take a cog out of the machine. Josh was that cog. The band just writes differently when he is a part of it.
01:14 PM on 10/07/12
mping82
User Info.
It would be hard to argue that the dynamic and sound of the band didn't change dramatically after good apollo/addition of chris pennie. Some bands just don't flow the same when you take a cog out of the machine. Josh was that cog. The band just writes differently when he is a part of it.

While I've enjoyed all of their albums, I'd have to agree that their sound feels complete with Josh. Really happy with this album!
03:32 PM on 10/07/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You know, comments like that only ruffle feathers if you allow your feathers to be ruffled. I will consider your feathers ruffled.

I agree with the other guy. I am the biggest coheed fan there is, but Black Rainbow was completely substandard. This album has convinced me that, yes, they're back.
03:59 PM on 10/07/12
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
Not sure why, but the song makes me jump right into the Cantina scene in Star Wars.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests