AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Radiohead News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 50.
11:26 AM on 10/08/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
How is it irresponsible, amateur, and sensationalist to report what someone said verbatim on video in front of the entire country?
This x1000000000000
11:31 AM on 10/08/12
Simulcast
No more gold lights
User Info.
How is it irresponsible, amateur, and sensationalist to report what someone said verbatim on video in front of the entire country?
Probably because it wasn't "verbatim".

Quote:
I’m sorry Jim, I’m gonna stop the subsidy to PBS. I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you, too. But I’m not gonna keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for it.”

Stopping the subsidy to PBS does not equal Romney cutting PBS, or us losing Radiohead videos.

And for the record, I think it was a stupid thing for Romney to say. Most of what he says is stupid.
11:34 AM on 10/08/12
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
User Info.
Probably because it wasn't "verbatim".

Stopping the subsidy to PBS does not equal Romney shutting it down, or us losing Radiohead videos.

And for the record, I think it was a stupid thing for Romney to say. Most of what he says is stupid.

Nobody in the thread said he would shut it down. The only term used in that chain of comments was "cut."
11:35 AM on 10/08/12
Simulcast
No more gold lights
User Info.
Nobody in the thread said he would shut it down. The only term used in that chain of comments was "cut."
Replace shutting down with "cutting", then. I will edit my post to reflect this. Point still stands.
11:36 AM on 10/08/12
crackedthesky
User Info.
Replace shutting down with "cutting", then. I will edit my post to reflect this. Point still stands.

Ending subsidies = cutting. Your point's still wrong.

Edit: actually it doesn't, ignore this post.

In any case, Romney wants to eliminate government support for PBS, so saying PBS may not exist after that isn't "irresponsible" since as I understand it that's how PBS continues to operate.

I also object to call this "irresponsible" but turn around and act like cutting subsidies to PBS will have any effect at all on the 5 trillion the kid I quoted is so upset about.
11:39 AM on 10/08/12
Simulcast
No more gold lights
User Info.
Ending subsidies = cutting. Your point's still wrong.

Edit: actually it doesn't, ignore this post.
Actually, the point of the post was that Jason didn't report what Romney said "verbatim" in a video as you implied, unless the meaning of the word has changed. That remains unchanged regardless of the argument over cutting, shutting down.
11:41 AM on 10/08/12
crackedthesky
User Info.
Actually, the point of the post was that Jason didn't report what Romney said "verbatim" in a video as you implied, unless the meaning of the word has changed. That remains unchanged regardless of the argument over cutting, shutting down.

Jason didn't "report" at all so maybe you should take your semantic nitpicking to the guy who used that term in the first place

Edit: My foot must taste great today. I was on mobile and this whole thing showed up as a forum post, not a news article, which is also why when that kid said "this reporting" I thought he meant the general discussion of Romney's comments in news media. My bad.
11:42 AM on 10/08/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Semantics arguments aside, Romney's still a dumb fuck and NPR and PBS and Radiohead are still awesome.
11:43 AM on 10/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
You know my post was a joke ... right? A play on the whole "killing Big Bird" thing. And stopping the subsidy would, most likely, effectively, kill the program.

Anyway, PBS' .012% of the federal budget should stay.
11:45 AM on 10/08/12
Simulcast
No more gold lights
User Info.
You know my post was a joke ... right? A play on the whole "killing Big Bird" thing.

Anyway, PBS' .012% of the budget should stay.

I'm fully aware it was a joke. I agree with you as well, it's not a priority by any means. I also agree with Romney's sentiment behind the statement, but I laugh at the thought of him actually cutting total spending.
11:47 AM on 10/08/12
Simulcast
No more gold lights
User Info.
Jason didn't "report" at all so maybe you should take your semantic nitpicking to the guy who used that term in the first place

Edit: My foot must taste great today. I was on mobile and this whole thing showed up as a forum post, not a news article, which is also why when that kid said "this reporting" I thought he meant the general discussion of Romney's comments in news media. My bad.
No worries man. I was just about to post that I thought that either you or I were confused initially.
11:48 AM on 10/08/12
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
User Info.
This could be fun.
Politics on here outside our General Thread are generally a miserable endeavor.
12:06 PM on 10/08/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Awesome. I love when they air these episodes.

/non political comment
12:10 PM on 10/08/12
dallad00003
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
does anyone know the post rock style intro song.
12:18 PM on 10/08/12
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
PBS only gets like 15% of its money from the federal government to begin with. So even if that gets cut it's not like PBS will suddenly disappear from the face of the Earth.

P.S. - Radiohead sucks.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News