Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 69
10:50 PM on 10/08/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Oh god, this piece of trash... let's just pretend it doesn't exist.
10:51 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Oh god, this piece of trash... let's just pretend it doesn't exist.
What are you talking about? It's an awesome song. blah blah paramore blah blah disrespectful
10:55 PM on 10/08/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Lights.
10:58 PM on 10/08/12
kianacarly
User Info.
What are you talking about? It's an awesome song. blah blah paramore blah blah disrespectful
Awful, disgusting song. Bitter her boyfriend dumped her so she's calling the other girl a slut. Immature, condescending, and bitter. Just the same reason Paramore's Misery Business is awful. Pick on the guy who dumped/rejected you, but leave the other girl out of it imo. Same reason I don't like You Belong With Me (picking on the girl who has done nothing to her instead of disliking the guy for passing her up). Nobody can "steal" your boyfriend. idk idk I clearly have a lot of feelings, but I am not here for songs like that. I think it reinforces some unhealthy lines of thinking.

I do like some of her other songs, but when it comes to that one it pushes a button haha
11:05 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Awful, disgusting song. Bitter her boyfriend dumped her so she's calling the other girl a slut. Immature, condescending, and bitter. Just the same reason Paramore's Misery Business is awful. Pick on the guy who dumped/rejected you, but leave the other girl out of it imo. Same reason I don't like You Belong With Me (picking on the girl who has done nothing to her instead of disliking the guy for passing her up). Nobody can "steal" your boyfriend. idk idk I clearly have a lot of feelings, but I am not here for songs like that. I think it reinforces some unhealthy lines of thinking.

I do like some of her other songs, but when it comes to that one it pushes a button haha
yeah I get that but to be honest, that was the song that very much surprised me. I did not expect that from taylor swift and it is because of that song that I decided to listen to her other songs and figured out that I actually do like her music (mostly speak now only, not so much the others).

I can acknowledge that her lyrics/subject matter aren't the best but she is extremely catchy and crafts some of the best and most memorable pop melodies I've heard.
11:11 PM on 10/08/12
kianacarly
User Info.
yeah I get that but to be honest, that was the song that very much surprised me. I did not expect that from taylor swift and it is because of that song that I decided to listen to her other songs and figured out that I actually do like her music (mostly speak now only, not so much the others).

I can acknowledge that her lyrics/subject matter aren't the best but she is extremely catchy and crafts some of the best and most memorable pop melodies I've heard.
Oh yeah, I would never deny her talent for songwriting. I don't even just pick on her with that - I have a problem when anyone releases a song like that. I get being upset at the girl, but that was just so harsh omg. Like, I don't mind when she slams her exes in songs, but slamming the girl isn't necessary. Be angry and bitter towards her in private or to friends, but to me once you start putting that stuff out, and other young girls adopt it as a sort of "breakup anthem" I worry it perpetuates this notion of focusing blame on the woman and not the man (obviously Taylor blames the man constantly so I'm not saying she never does). I just thought it irresponsible since I know a lot of young girls who think the song is so clever and hilarious when it is just mean and immature.

/sorry. I have a lot of feelings about those types of breakup songs - when anyone does them.

Anyway, still jamming along to the new song on repeat!
11:13 PM on 10/08/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Idk, if I'd really even call this dubstep inspired but ok. I actually really dig the song

So it's confirmed that he did produce this?

With these sudden pop/electronic songs she's been doing, I wouldn't be surprised if State of Grace turned out to be a rerecorded version of this tbh

11:17 PM on 10/08/12
kianacarly
User Info.
Not even gonna lie, when T. Swift's tracklist was announced I put this song on repeat haha. I don't think she could touch a Britney song. Their styles are so different.
11:23 PM on 10/08/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Oh yeah, I would never deny her talent for songwriting. I don't even just pick on her with that - I have a problem when anyone releases a song like that. I get being upset at the girl, but that was just so harsh omg. Like, I don't mind when she slams her exes in songs, but slamming the girl isn't necessary. Be angry and bitter towards her in private or to friends, but to me once you start putting that stuff out, and other young girls adopt it as a sort of "breakup anthem" I worry it perpetuates this notion of focusing blame on the woman and not the man (obviously Taylor blames the man constantly so I'm not saying she never does). I just thought it irresponsible since I know a lot of young girls who think the song is so clever and hilarious when it is just mean and immature.

/sorry. I have a lot of feelings about those types of breakup songs, when anyone does them.
Funny because just in class a few days/weeks ago. A few of my friends (that are girls) exactly exclaimed "Uh, how come when a guy goes out with a girl and then the guy dumps the girl for another girl, why is it that it's the two girls that are the ones fighting? For almost every possible case, the guy is at equal fault here." A notion I'd definitely contest to.

However, one thing I've come to understand about Taylor Swift (at least on Speak Now) is that most of these songs do not directly embody her persona and/or experiences (at least not the persona she often conveys/wants us to see). Rather, they are ruminations of how she or a part of herself would handle various premises. For example, I would certainly hope that Taylor did not crash a wedding and convince a man to leave her fiance. But in Speak Now and in her other songs, the premise is there to magnify just how much she feels for this guy.

Somewhat similar to Better Than Revenge is her single Mean. She likely never said things like that to her bullies and the things mentioned in the song may have very well have never happened to her. However, she has very anti-bully notions and used the premise and summoned her smug/self-righteous persona to write that song "why ya gotta be so mean." This style is especially obvious in Never Grow Up because, well, she's not a mother...

On many points I'd agree on you but to be honest, if something similar happened to me, I'd imagine that I would be blaming the other guy for the most part.
Quote:
(obviously Taylor blames the man constantly so I'm not saying she never does)
This made me laugh pretty hard.
11:32 PM on 10/08/12
kianacarly
User Info.
Funny because just in class a few days/weeks ago. A few of my friends (that are girls) exactly exclaimed "Uh, how come when a guy goes out with a girl and then the guy dumps the girl for another girl, why is it that it's the two girls that are the ones fighting? For almost every possible case, the guy is at equal fault here." A notion I'd definitely contest to.

However, one thing I've come to understand about Taylor Swift (at least on Speak Now) is that most of these songs do not directly embody her persona and/or experiences (at least not the persona she often conveys/wants us to see). Rather, they are ruminations of how she or a part of herself would handle various premises. For example, I would certainly hope that Taylor did not crash a wedding and convince a man to leave her fiance. But in Speak Now and in her other songs, the premise is there to magnify just how much she feels for this guy.

Somewhat similar to Better Than Revenge is her single Mean. She likely never said things like that to her bullies and the things mentioned in the song may have very well have never happened to her. However, she has very anti-bully notions and used the premise and summoned her smug/self-righteous persona to write that song "why ya gotta be so mean." This style is especially obvious in Never Grow Up because, well, she's not a mother...

On many points I'd agree on you but to be honest, if something similar happened to me, I'd imagine that I would be blaming the other guy for the most part.
This made me laugh pretty hard.
Yeah, it happens. I have two little sisters in middle school (they both looove Better Than Revenge too haha) who will absolutely despise a girl their crush is dating, but whenever I ask why they're not mad at the guy for dating someone else, they look at me like I'm a lunatic. I don't think Taylor herself is a mean or bad person at all - and I really don't blame her for being upset, but again, I just thought it irresponsible.

I dunno, I've been cheated on and I didn't have any hostility towards the other woman at all. It was my ex's fault 100%. She could've tried to "steal" him all she wanted, but inevitably his giving in is what happened to cause it, you know? Is it sucky for the girl to make moves on a guy who isn't available? Yes. But ultimately it's not really her fault if the man gives in. If not her, it would've been someone else. Again, not saying this is something Taylor does often, but when she does it rubs me the wrong way.

Also, I'm sorry! I'm done derailing the thread. I just really dislike that song haha.
11:57 PM on 10/08/12
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
All his songs are meh to me at first, then after 2-3 listens they suddenly become "OMG SOO GOOD". Happens every single time.
11:59 PM on 10/08/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
As soon as the music kicked in, all I could think of was this goddamn Bleach song.

12:01 AM on 10/09/12
Wergeth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dubstep chorus feel to it?
12:01 AM on 10/09/12
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
This album is going to be less cohesive than Speak Now.

As for the song, the chorus and verses don't sound like they should be part of the same tune.
12:11 AM on 10/09/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
This album is going to be less cohesive than Speak Now.

As for the song, the chorus and verses don't sound like they should be part of the same tune.
everything this post says is correct

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version