Username
Password
Anberlin News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 235.
06:55 PM on 10/11/12
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
And the overwhelming winner for me is Modern Age. Instantly top 10 fare for their discog. Tough cookie to crack too!
06:57 PM on 10/11/12
steve-0
i think youre an idiot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree, they don't integrate at all, they stick out like sore thumb
That's now I feel about the synths on "cities". The songs on "cities" that have synths are the weakest songs on that album. So far, the synths on this album are freakin great. I love em. Really well done IMO
06:58 PM on 10/11/12
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
I'll take Surrender, Cities, and Friendship over this any day

And unless I have been listening to too much post-rock / shoegaze lately that my tastes have changed I really think most of you will agree with me once the honeymoon period is over.

Its good, nothing more, nothing less

Well, at least it's nothing less! I get the feeling that's an insanely positive review coming from this guy
07:12 PM on 10/11/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Glad this has such a positive reaction. I was going to buy it anyway, but glad to see it's going to get a better reception than "Dark..."
07:23 PM on 10/11/12
nicolerork
nicolerork.com
User Info.
Why does everyone hate New Surrender? I think "Breathe" was one of their best songs. Anyway, I enjoyed the first listen. Will have to listen some more.
07:26 PM on 10/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Why does everyone hate New Surrender? I think "Breathe" was one of their best songs. Anyway, I enjoyed the first listen. Will have to listen some more.
I don't think its hate rather than disappointment and after NTFP and Cities it is hard not to blame them. It was not bad but just not as good and the remake of Feel Good Drag was just so unnecessary.
07:37 PM on 10/11/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I don't love it on first listen, but I rarely do with anything anymore. Excited for this to really sink in
07:41 PM on 10/11/12
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Glad this has such a positive reaction. I was going to buy it anyway, but glad to see it's going to get a better reception than "Dark..."
Careful man, Dark had this exact same reaction
07:41 PM on 10/11/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think its hate rather than disappointment and after NTFP and Cities it is hard not to blame them. It was not bad but just not as good and the remake of Feel Good Drag was just so unnecessary.
you mean the remake that got them a #1 radio hit? and 3.25 million youtube plays?
07:50 PM on 10/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
you mean the remake that got them a #1 radio hit? and 3.25 million youtube plays?
I know it gave the remake was successful but I just don't get why it needed to be redone in the first place. It did not come out sounding any better and most of those views only know anberlin for that 1 song which was done so much better on NTFP. Honestly I doubt everyone who loved that song became long term fans and went to check out every album. Maybe "Unnecessary" was the wrong word to use but I just don't see why they needed to redo a song in the first place for that album. I am not one of those people who hate things that are popular and think New Surrender is a pretty good album but every time I hear that version it just bothers me. Its basically a good song redone for a bigger label that just turned out more radio friendly and yet gets all the praise. Heck plenty of songs on New Surrender are better than it anyways. Its not necessary a terrible remake but it just sounds odd because it could've been better and stands out in a negative way on that album.

I hope that makes more sense. I am glad they got some airplay but even that never got a Anberlin album to even gold status. I think Anberlin are better off writing music that has edge like this.
08:07 PM on 10/11/12
cappslock
Tory-loving Royalist
User Info.
That's now I feel about the synths on "cities". The songs on "cities" that have synths are the weakest songs on that album. So far, the synths on this album are freakin great. I love em. Really well done IMO
THIS THIS THIS THIS. I mean, the synths sounded so dumb first few listens of Cities, they only really grew with time (at least for me. did *anyone* feel like Reclusion was an Anberlin song at first?). Electronic integration, nay, production period on this album is flawless. This is what I want my rock music to sound like. And I 100% guarantee that every song on this album will absolutely kill live.
08:22 PM on 10/11/12
davecerv
davecerv
User Info.
Hey guys, so what rpm speed do you think the 10" record will play at? I'm very worried because my record player doesn't have the option for that size. I'm hoping it plays at 33 or 45 rpm's so I can have more hope of being able to hear it. I'll be so bummed if I can't spin this record, it will be a waste of $19.98. ...Anyways, I personally think the 10" size is very interesting. It should've been limited.
08:25 PM on 10/11/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I know it gave the remake was successful but I just don't get why it needed to be redone in the first place. It did not come out sounding any better and most of those views only know anberlin for that 1 song which was done so much better on NTFP. Honestly I doubt everyone who loved that song became long term fans and went to check out every album. Maybe "Unnecessary" was the wrong word to use but I just don't see why they needed to redo a song in the first place for that album. I am not one of those people who hate things that are popular and think New Surrender is a pretty good album but every time I hear that version it just bothers me. Its basically a good song redone for a bigger label that just turned out more radio friendly and yet gets all the praise. Heck plenty of songs on New Surrender are better than it anyways. Its not necessary a terrible remake but it just sounds odd because it could've been better and stands out in a negative way on that album.

I hope that makes more sense. I am glad they got some airplay but even that never got a Anberlin album to even gold status. I think Anberlin are better off writing music that has edge like this.
So bands shouldn't try to be successful because not everybody is going to buy their albums from hearing their singles? Yeah right bro
08:29 PM on 10/11/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys, so what rpm speed do you think the 10" record will play at? I'm very worried because my record player doesn't have the option for that size. I'm hoping it plays at 33 or 45 rpm's so I can have more hope of being able to hear it. I'll be so bummed if I can't spin this record, it will be a waste of $19.98. ...Anyways, I personally think the 10" size is very interesting. It should've been limited.
it will play on your turntable, don't worry. it's not a common size, but it's been around. hell, radiohead's kid a was issued on 10" - http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/50...h_Vinyl_Record
09:03 PM on 10/11/12
davecerv
davecerv
User Info.
it will play on your turntable, don't worry. it's not a common size, but it's been around. hell, radiohead's kid a was issued on 10" - http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/50...h_Vinyl_Record
Ahh thanks, I am now encouraged!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News