AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Money News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Conditions Start Indiegogo For New Record

Posted by - 08:35 PM on 10/11/12
Conditions have started a indiegogo for their new record.

Submitted by Jennurna Gray

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
08:39 PM on 10/11/12
whenyourearound
ad astra per aspera
User Info.
a new form of kickstarter i see...interesting
08:42 PM on 10/11/12
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
This record will own.
08:50 PM on 10/11/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh goodness, those rewards.
09:05 PM on 10/11/12
killbrand.com
Ezekiel 36: 26-28
User Info.
Love conditions, but those rewards suck. If contributing 10 dollars got me a CD as well I'd do it. That's why I did Confides.
09:13 PM on 10/11/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
wait, none of them include a copy of the record? not even digital? this was the first donation-style project i was really excited to support, and (at least while these are the same rewards) now i don't think i will. come on, guys.
09:14 PM on 10/11/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
a new form of kickstarter i see...interesting
yeah. Indiegogo allows the artist to keep the money regardless of whether they make their goal. Kickstarter you have to make your goal to get the money
09:16 PM on 10/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Awesome band, and I'm sure this album will rule.

However, I prefer the Kickstarter platform much more than Indiegogo. Anyone agree or disagree?
09:17 PM on 10/11/12
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
User Info.
Shit, they've taken ages. I thought they were already recording
09:19 PM on 10/11/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I wanna help this band out but I would rather hand them 10 dollars then go through this thing. I honestly would of given a good amount if a cd was offered but I just can't justify giving that much when the rewards are just twitter shout outs and stuff I don't care about. I have bought all their eps and albums and will continue to but nothing about this is appealing other than getting their album made. I may give like 5 dollars but its not a priority atm. I hope they release a great album and can afford it but not offering even a digital download just sorta rubs me the wrong way. I know it is greedy to say but I wanna give a lot to the band and get something special from it to remember even if it is something as simple as the cd you could just get anywhere.
09:19 PM on 10/11/12
whenyourearound
ad astra per aspera
User Info.
yeah. Indiegogo allows the artist to keep the money regardless of whether they make their goal. Kickstarter you have to make your goal to get the money
hmmm i did not know that, thanks for the insight
09:29 PM on 10/11/12
HCO SF 87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this band, and that clip sounds good, but $750 for dinner with them? Seriously? They better pay for the meal haha
09:39 PM on 10/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I like this band, and that clip sounds good, but $750 for dinner with them? Seriously? They better pay for the meal haha
Well it's 750 for Dinner, two tickets to a show, meet and greet, skype performance, thank you liner note, skype chat, t-shirt/stickers, personalized auto and a personal tweet.
09:40 PM on 10/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
wait, none of them include a copy of the record? not even digital? this was the first donation-style project i was really excited to support, and (at least while these are the same rewards) now i don't think i will. come on, guys.
That sounds very strange. Maybe they forgot to include it? I mean at least a digital copy should be included in 10 dollars and up.
09:44 PM on 10/11/12
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
I wanna help this band out but I would rather hand them 10 dollars then go through this thing. I honestly would of given a good amount if a cd was offered but I just can't justify giving that much when the rewards are just twitter shout outs and stuff I don't care about. I have bought all their eps and albums and will continue to but nothing about this is appealing other than getting their album made. I may give like 5 dollars but its not a priority atm. I hope they release a great album and can afford it but not offering even a digital download just sorta rubs me the wrong way. I know it is greedy to say but I wanna give a lot to the band and get something special from it to remember even if it is something as simple as the cd you could just get anywhere.
I think the assumption they're making, which is the assumption that I would make were I in a band in this position, is that anyone who cares enough to donate money to help them make a record already owns their pre-existing music in some capacity.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos