Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
burn
09:14 AM on 10/12/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Biggest thing I noticed: the Pirates of the Carribbean music being used in the background.
09:19 AM on 10/12/12
BorjaRodríguez
User Info.
Fuckin Chaotic!!! love it
09:22 AM on 10/12/12
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
Marc Kantor does such good impersonations.
09:26 AM on 10/12/12
MarcPending
User Info.
Marc Kantor does such good impersonations.

10 years of acting school...no big deal (I dont like to brag)
09:31 AM on 10/12/12
JoePending
User Info.
This band are just milking the whole situation as much as they can! Ive never heard of Patent Pending before but they are definatley not winning me over, it's just became all about their band and not the real situation at hand. All i see them doing is slipping in links to their music anywhere they can, very needy.
Kris Roe has only once came out and addressed the situation from his side, that's all that's really needed. Not response after response from some band that weren't even directly involved or present during the event! The whole thing should be between Kris & Rob as Ataris members.
Hey dude! I'm Joe from the band Patent Pending. I understand and respect your comment. This is not meant to be a slam on you in anyway. If you have a second, please read: You're unfamiliar with our band so i can assume you are even more unfamiliar with me and the way we do things here in Patent Pending. First and foremost you need to know that we treat our band as a family. Someone attacked one of us on stage, the rest of us are going to have something to say about it. At first, we weren't going to post anything official as a band about the situation. Sure, we all made our own comments on our Facebook pages and here on AP in support of Rob, but as a band we had planned on staying out of it. That was the plan until Kris Roe posted a cowardly (and awkward as fuck) video riddled with lies about our guitarist, Rob. Not only did Kris defend his own (outrageous) actions, but he tried to make Rob look like an alcoholic (which is in no way true) to try and save his own ass. We saw that this really hurt Rob so like always we decided to poke fun at the situation to give Rob some piece of mind whilst simultaneously reminding Kris Roe that he has been declared Mayor of Douche Town. (side note: Kris, if you are reading this - Congratulations on your induction into office as the new Mayor of Douche Town. I know that you will take this position seriously and lead D-Town to greater heights than ever thought imaginable by Douches all around the world.) We don't take ourselves too seriously, we know that at this point this video may be old news to people and we know that we are essentially circus clowns for having posted it, but we stand by it. Just because Kris spoke first doesn't mean that we don't get a chance to say something. By my count the "response after response" that you are talking about is only 1 to 1. Lastly, of course we are slipping in links to our music! Since you are unfamiliar, I'll tell you a small amount more about us. We've been fortunate enough to do what we love for 11 years. We don't make any money off of this band, but one day we hope to. We have no false ideas about the size of our band or the small impact that we have on the scene. A situation like this allows us to get Rob's point across, remind Kris that he is a douche and God willing, gain some new fans along the way. We're essentially the Mom & Pop Shop of pop-punk trying to survive in a Wal-Mart sized world. Any clicks/new fans we can get from this would be great. Again, not meant to slam you, just to let you know that we are just a couple of dudes who are aware of our actions and will jump at the chance to make parody videos where we get to wear wigs and spandex. I hope this helps you understand and maybe even enjoy this video/our band a little more. Have a great day, and most importantly, thank you for realizing how utterly ridiculous Kris Roe's actions were.
Still Got Love For The Streets,
- Joe!
http://patentpendingmusic.com
09:31 AM on 10/12/12
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
Biggest thing I noticed: the Pirates of the Carribbean music being used in the background.

I knew that tune sounded familiar
09:32 AM on 10/12/12
Rodeo
User Info.
Fucking awesome, dudes. Couldn't have bought better press.
09:33 AM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I am honestly not going to take any side really cause as much as both sides say what really happened I just wasn't there.
I mean I think Kris did not handle a situation well but I also think both sides sorta are being a lot more dramatic about it than need be. Rob definitely is the better speaker if that counts.

In the long run this won't affect who I listen to though and personally if I had to choose I like The Ataris more than Patent Pending (not to say either are bad but Patent Pending never really did it for me)

Hopefully whatever the truth is Kris manages his temper and band better in the future and if rob does have a drinking problem that it gets sorted out. I really don't like he said/she said sorta arguments but in the end this whole event turned into way more drama than need be. This video is funny but just adds to that drama.

Basic point this is that everyone involved is contributing to unnecessary drama. This is the sorta thing best worked out in private. I know Kris basically started it but without sufficient details of what happen prior to the event and the response video it is basically people just become a cat fight in public with people picking sides. Just because Kris did an awkward response video does not mean one was needed in return, things could not of been worked out in private, or that any attacks were warranted. If nothing else a simple press statement would of survived. This video is more comical than informative.
09:34 AM on 10/12/12
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
The people complaining about this guy standing up for himself are nonconfrontational pussies.
09:37 AM on 10/12/12
kskillzz
User Info.
I was hoping they would make a response, they always hit it out of the park with their videos and this is no exception.
09:41 AM on 10/12/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This band are just milking the whole situation as much as they can! Ive never heard of Patent Pending before but they are definatley not winning me over, it's just became all about their band and not the real situation at hand. All i see them doing is slipping in links to their music anywhere they can, very needy.
Kris Roe has only once came out and addressed the situation from his side, that's all that's really needed. Not response after response from some band that weren't even directly involved or present during the event! The whole thing should be between Kris & Rob as Ataris members.
09:42 AM on 10/12/12
Rodeo
User Info.
I really don't like he said/she said sorta arguments but in the end this whole event turned into way more drama than need be. This video is funny but just adds to that drama.

Honestly, we're all going to go back to forgetting that Ataris even existed in a few days anyway, just like we have for the past 5+ years.
09:42 AM on 10/12/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Hey dude! I'm Joe from the band Patent Pending. I understand and respect your comment. This is not meant to be a slam on you in anyway. If you have a second, please read: You're unfamiliar with our band so i can assume you are even more unfamiliar with me and the way we do things here in Patent Pending. First and foremost you need to know that we treat our band as a family. Someone attacked one of us on stage, the rest of us are going to have something to say about it. At first, we weren't going to post anything official as a band about the situation. Sure, we all made our own comments on our Facebook pages and here on AP in support of Rob, but as a band we had planned on staying out of it. That was the plan until Kris Roe posted a cowardly (and awkward as fuck) video riddled with lies about our guitarist, Rob. Not only did Kris defend his own (outrageous) actions, but he tried to make Rob look like an alcoholic (which is in no way true) to try and save his own ass. We saw that this really hurt Rob so like always we decided to poke fun at the situation to give Rob some piece of mind whilst simultaneously reminding Kris Roe that he has been declared Mayor of Douche Town. (side note: Kris, if you are reading this - Congratulations on your induction into office as the new Mayor of Douche Town. I know that you will take this position seriously and lead D-Town to greater heights than ever thought imaginable by Douches all around the world.) We don't take ourselves too seriously, we know that at this point this video may be old news to people and we know that we are essentially circus clowns for having posted it, but we stand by it. Just because Kris spoke first doesn't mean that we don't get a chance to say something. By my count the "response after response" that you are talking about is only 1 to 1. Lastly, of course we are slipping in links to our music! Since you are unfamiliar, I'll tell you a small amount more about us. We've been fortunate enough to do what we love for 11 years. We don't make any money off of this band, but one day we hope to. We have no false ideas about the size of our band or the small impact that we have on the scene. A situation like this allows us to get Rob's point across, remind Kris that he is a douche and God willing, gain some new fans along the way. We're essentially the Mom & Pop Shop of pop-punk trying to survive in a Wal-Mart sized world. Any clicks/new fans we can get from this would be great. Again, not meant to slam you, just to let you know that we are just a couple of dudes who are aware of our actions and will jump at the chance to make parody videos where we get to wear wigs and spandex. I hope this helps you understand and maybe even enjoy this video/our band a little more. Have a great day, and most importantly, thank you for realizing how utterly ridiculous Kris Roe's actions were.
Still Got Love For The Streets,
- Joe!
http://patentpendingmusic.com
Defend Mom & Pop Punk
09:43 AM on 10/12/12
ChaseTx
I had no idea the drummer from the Ataris was the guitarist from Patent Pending. Weird.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests