No Avatar Selected
Awesome response
10:48 AM on 10/12/12
ChaseTx
10:51 AM on 10/12/12
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Great response and a great way to deal with the situation.
10:51 AM on 10/12/12
MILFCORE
User Info.
why does he talk like that? did the drums hit his head and give him a speech impediment?
10:55 AM on 10/12/12
JoePending
User Info.
amazing.
10:56 AM on 10/12/12
anamericangod
User Info.
This is amazing.
10:56 AM on 10/12/12
JoePending
User Info.
why does he talk like that? did the drums hit his head and give him a speech impediment?
it's a poor, poor, poor Obama imitation.
10:57 AM on 10/12/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Honestly, we're all going to go back to forgetting that Ataris even existed in a few days anyway, just like we have for the past 5+ years.
I mean thats all in good but I don't see how these petty arguments really have to do with the music of the bands. I will admit Patent Pending is a lot more active though I like The Ataris music a lot more and still listen to it. Regardless of both of those factors both kris and rob are at fault in this case. Kris is more at fault as he caused harm and made it go public but rob just continued the drama. I doubt Kris just threw a drumset because the dude was a bit off sounding. No matter who is right or somewhat right in these videos it sounds extremely unlikely. Calling someone an alcoholic is a pretty common excuse so there may be some truth in it but is likely an exaggeration.

It is fair to say in this situation Rob is the victim even if behind the scenes he engaged in actions that were enraging. What matters for the most part in life is what is done in a public setting. Kris needs to manage his temper and band more but I doubt highly that rob is blameless while still being the victim. At the end of the day back and forth videos like this just creates too much drama. Kris said some things during his response that did not need to be said and its fair for rob to stand up for himself but this whole situation has become a joke and its hard to feel sorry or respect for either of them regardless of musical preferences.
10:58 AM on 10/12/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
He wins because he didn't come across as a child.
How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.
11:02 AM on 10/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.
i agree. Kris' drum hurling was childish, and this video response from Rob was maybe even more childish, and it's setting himself up for more drama from The Ataris. I can't see Kris thinking this video is very funny at all. But whatever, i guess. Let's all move on now and just enjoy music rather than picking sides over a dumb little fight.
11:03 AM on 10/12/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. This is just as childish.
11:04 AM on 10/12/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i agree. Kris' drum hurling was childish, and this video response from Rob was maybe even more childish, and it's setting himself up for more drama from The Ataris. I can't see Kris thinking this video is very funny at all. But whatever, i guess. Let's all move on now and just enjoy music rather than picking sides over a dumb little fight.
I mean, I didn't think the video was funny either. It was a funny idea but it wasn't actually funny in any way haha. Who knows, everyone will forget about this in a week anyway.
11:07 AM on 10/12/12
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.

My thoughts exactly.
11:09 AM on 10/12/12
AloneInTheDark
Charmingly Awkward
User Info.
This is all in bad taste...the public didn't need an excuse, just an apology.
11:10 AM on 10/12/12
njiata603
http://greatbigchoruses.tumblr.c om/
User Info.
With you on this one. Best course of action would have been to take the high road and leave it be. If you don't have anything nice to say, etc.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos