AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Ataris News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 175.
10:11 AM on 10/12/12
Rodeo
User Info.
I am just amused that Kris thinks that a nervous diva break down is rock n' roll, but being drunk for your concert isn't.

Um...
10:24 AM on 10/12/12
hibbityhoo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just don't really care about this whole debacle anymore. Both sides should just shut the fuck up about it and be men and put it behind them. Also, I just don't really like Patend Pending. But if it's any consolation, I have a very low tolerance for bands that sing songs about dancing and douchebags.

I agree with every part of this.

This crap will neither make me love Blue Skies less nor enjoy Patent Pending.
10:26 AM on 10/12/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I thought it was funny. Kris threw him under the bus. And for as "childish" as the video was, there were some serious jabs in it, and Kris definitely deserved those for his behavior and that dumb video he posted after.
10:28 AM on 10/12/12
Wesley!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:36 AM on 10/12/12
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was not funny, at all. It is kind of sad that Patent Pending spent this much time on a re-budle video for such a sad topic. Everyone knows Kris was in the wrong, so just shut up, take the high road, and let it be.... Dudes clearly think they are much funnier than they actually are. Kris also was a douche in his video. May both sides lose.
10:36 AM on 10/12/12
B.Leibo
User Info.
So I'm a desk jockey... if I underperform or come to work drunk should my boss pick up my computer monitor and chuck it at my head infront of the customers and other employees... no, you take me aside and tell me you're going in a different direction without me.There is a right way and a wrong way - Kris handled it very poorly, thats really all there is to it.
10:39 AM on 10/12/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
This is easily as bogus and childish as the initial incident. This guy is 26 and doesn't act a day over 16.
10:40 AM on 10/12/12
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
This was not funny, at all. It is kind of sad that Patent Pending spent this much time on a re-budle video for such a sad topic. Everyone knows Kris was in the wrong, so just shut up, take the high road, and let it be.... Dudes clearly think they are much funnier than they actually are. Kris also was a douche in his video. May both sides lose.
Agreed whole-heartedly.
10:45 AM on 10/12/12
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
What he said about "countless others" who have left the band, made me go check their Wikipedia page and HOLY SHIT does The Ataris have a ton of ex-members. Wonder why that is?

Former members
Marko DeSantis – bass guitar (1996–1997)
Derrick Plourde – drums (1996–1997)
Mike Davenport – bass guitar (1998–2005)
Chris Knapp – drums (1998–2005)
Patrick Riley – guitar (1998)
Marco Peña – guitar (1998–2001)
John Collura – guitar, backing vocals, piano (2001–2007)
Paul Carabello – guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Sean Hansen – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Angus Cooke – cello (2005–2007)
Shane Chikeles – drums (2005–2007)
Christopher Swinney – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2010)
Jacob Dwiggins – drums (2008–2012)
Rob Felicetti – lead guitar (2010–2011), drums, percussion (2012)

I mean, clearly the band has been around forever, so like Saves The Day, a lot of ex-members can be expected to a certain extent, but what about bands like Jimmy Eat World? They've managed to be around as long as The Ataris and not have a million ex-members, so it really makes you wonder what goes on in their camp to cause so many people to come and go like this.
10:48 AM on 10/12/12
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
i remember when the Ataris were relevent. i really do.
10:49 AM on 10/12/12
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
anything they did after '05 is bogus. when Davenport & Knapp left the band, Roe should have sunset the project. instead he's soldiered on only to embarass himself and whatever was the tiny legacy of the Ataris.
10:51 AM on 10/12/12
Evan123
User Info.
so wrong^ welcome the the night is a fucking jam, great record.
10:52 AM on 10/12/12
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
So I'm a desk jockey... if I underperform or come to work drunk should my boss pick up my computer monitor and chuck it at my head infront of the customers and other employees... no, you take me aside and tell me you're going in a different direction without me.There is a right way and a wrong way - Kris handled it very poorly, thats really all there is to it.

exactly, totally unprofessional, and embarassing considering Roe is freakin 34 years old. man up Roe. the immaturity of his actions was only highlighted by the fact it occured during a song called "your boyfriend sucks", featuring the most trite lyrics in pop-punk history.
10:53 AM on 10/12/12
ChaseTx
Honestly the only song I remember by them is a Don Henley cover.
10:58 AM on 10/12/12
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
superb.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music